Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted for posterity before the Sniffers come back later and claim the plan was always to tank in 2024-25, much like they are currently pretending like Pop never said winning is important in 2023-24

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great minds think alike, scott. I guess you had the quicker draw!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You even formatted it the same way as the Windhorst thread on purpose as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not only a matter of time before we are accused of being each others alt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted for posterity before the Sniffers come back later and claim the plan was always to tank in 2024-25, much like they are currently pretending like Pop never said winning is important in 2023-24

Wemby isn't trusting the process *sniff*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he going to say he wants to miss the playoffs next year?

“i want to get better but not good enough for the playoffs”

vassell said he didn’t want to hear about tanking for wemby because they gonna be hoopin this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

vassell said he didn’t want to hear about tanking for wemby because they gonna be hoopin this year
    with skepticism for everything people say these days, who can say what’s real and what’s not real anymore? We live in an age where a reporter regurgitating (oftentimes incorrectly) what someone says is more trustworthy than the person actually saying it. Or maybe it’s just when it fits our narrative only then we believe that person?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so. Pissing away another season for a 28% shot at best at Cooper Flagg or Ace Bailey is stupid when you already have Wemby. Had the Spurs not won the 2023 lottery I'd be 100% for losing every game in 2024-25 but it's time to put a team around Victor now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to shoot the messenger, but if Wembanyama had said expect instead of want, this would be far more noteworthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know what question prompted this response, since the reporter (who is amongst the tiest of all Spurs ty reporters) didn't post it - but unless the question was "do you expect to make the playoffs next season?" - then he could have said any number of things. He could have just said "I want to see us continue to develop and improve and build for the future. There are a lot of steps and we shouldn't skip any. We are building for the future" blah blah blah blah blah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

IDGAF what Pop said. I based my conjecture on the fact that the Spurs drafted Wemby, rented their cap space, and did nothing else. Actions speak louder than words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just draft topic or dillingham another sf if we get the toronto pick and were good for next year to make ghe pla in and playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDGAF what Pop said. I based my conjecture on the fact that the Spurs drafted Wemby, rented their cap space, and did nothing else. Actions speak louder than words.
    Yet, by your own admission you didn't actually think the Spurs were tanking after all of that happened - only after 10 or so games when you saw they were terrible.

This is what they call "rationalization"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Spurs will likely “do nothing” on their way back to relevancy because their philosophy has always been about internal growth. Doing nothing isn’t a sign that they’re not trying to win. It is in many fans’ eyes. But the moment they do get back to the playoffs without doing anything major as far as free agency and trades go, you need to keep this same energy because I’m sure your narrative will be backwards then.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Spurs will likely “do nothing” on their way back to relevancy because their philosophy has always been about internal growth. Doing nothing isn’t a sign that they’re not trying to win. It is in many fans’ eyes. But the moment they do get back to the playoffs without doing anything major as far as free agency and trades go, you need to keep this same energy because I’m sure your narrative will be backwards then.
    Internal growth is one thing when you have guys like Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Kawhi Leonard as your up and coming talent. Not so much when your young talent is Sochan, Vassell, and Branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Whatever the outcome, must have been the plan. In Pop I trust."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Internal growth is easy when you have guys like Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Kawhi Leonard as your up and coming talent. Not so much when your young talent is Sochan, Vassell, and Branham.
    I’m not denying that. My point is that this team will start winning again because of keepers they’ll eventually find in the draft and develop and without ever making much of a splash in any offseason because that’s what this franchise does. I’m not saying I agree with that, but I’ve been following this team for so long that I know that’s the likely outcome. Don’t confuse what I’m saying with the idea that they’ll continue to be in the lottery for years— I think it’s still possible they find cornerstones in the later parts of the draft when they do progressively get better as a team. I think there’s another rabbit to pull from the magic hat in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Young but if they roll with this squad and Vassell/Sochan level up plus Wemby's ballistic potential, it's a possibility for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what question prompted this response, since the reporter (who is amongst the tiest of all Spurs ty reporters) didn't post it - but unless the question was "do you expect to make the playoffs next season?" - then he could have said any number of things. He could have just said "I want to see us continue to develop and improve and build for the future. There are a lot of steps and we shouldn't skip any. We are building for the future" blah blah blah blah blah.
    The question was just "what do you expect for next season"

Victor said something like "I don't want the season to end at the same point as this one, yes I want to play the PO..."

There's no possible interpretation

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"I got you victor dw"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not even sure if flagg or Bailey will be any good. Remember Wagner? He was supposed to be a great prospect. Look at him now.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not even sure if flagg or Bailey will be any good. Remember Wagner? He was supposed to be a great prospect. Look at him now.
    Flagg is more of a defensive prospect, which typically translates much better to higher levels.
    Bailey could absolutely flame out considering his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see next year as another learning experience. Slow and steady. Add a few vets to compliment Victor’s game with the intent on being compe ive next year and come trade deadline decide if they are buyers or sellers. No way you watched the stretch of this season and thought to yourself this wasn’t by design; VW is ready but in this NBA and wanting longevity you still need to be patient and add a mix of draft capital, value players and win now guys your sometimes overpay for.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"I got you victor dw"
    Bring him home Brian
    Bring him home

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information