Skip to 6:20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stupid

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. If AD is somewhat healthy (a big IF), I give the Lakers a puncher’s chance against 28 NBA teams. Unfortunately, if they beat New Orleans they will face the one team they have no shot at beating. Not just in a series, but a single game. Denver would sweep LA again. There’s not a worse matchup in basketball.

On the flip side, if they tank then they’re playing with fire, having to beat a red-hot Warriors team on their last hurrah or go against a young Sacto team they went 0-4 against in the regular season.

Best case scenario is losing to Pels and beating the Warriors for the 8th seed. I love their chances against OKC in a 1-8 matchup. The next series vs Mavs or Clips would be epic too, and they’d definitely be dogs in either of those matchups.

IMO the road is too difficult. If Denver was the top seed I’d be cautiously optimistic the Mavs or Clips could derail them before the WCF. As it stands, there’s just too many minefields for the Lakers to navigate. If they make it as far as last year it’ll be a minor miracle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. If AD is somewhat healthy (a big IF), I give the Lakers a puncher’s chance against 28 NBA teams. Unfortunately, if they beat New Orleans they will face the one team they have no shot at beating. Not just in a series, but a single game. Denver would sweep LA again. There’s not a worse matchup in basketball.

On the flip side, if they tank then they’re playing with fire, having to beat a red-hot Warriors team on their last hurrah or go against a young Sacto team they went 0-4 against in the regular season.

Best case scenario is losing to Pels and beating the Warriors for the 8th seed. I love their chances against OKC in a 1-8 matchup. The next series vs Mavs or Clips would be epic too, and they’d definitely be dogs in either of those matchups.

IMO the road is too difficult. If Denver was the top seed I’d be cautiously optimistic the Mavs or Clips could derail them before the WCF. As it stands, there’s just too many minefields for the Lakers to navigate. If they make it as far as last year it’ll be a minor miracle.
    In other words...

Sucks to suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any team on the west can win thw conference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any team on the west can win thw conference
    Well, not the spurs …..

Thread Information