Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins - F. Regardless of his decent season, giving him 32 million was idiotic, it's not like teams were lining up to offer him that kind of money and Spurs had to secure their guy.
    Even if you didn't like the direction, in a vacuum, everything else was decent or better.

This was inexplicable and a significant reason to have pause about PATFO this season and beyond.

As you said, they could have easily waited to see if the two-big lineup would work or was even necessary. If it did, they'd have been overwhelming favorites to retain him anyway and probably at a lesser number.

If not, they could have avoided throwing significant money in the garbage on a player who doesn't check any boxes and they'd have to pay to get off of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest gripe with Collins is they could have used this year’s cap space. Just don’t take the team option and pay him 15, 13, and 11. He gets the same money and maybe it costs the Spurs an extra 2nd. Owing him 24 going forward looks a lot better than 32 and the Spurs have close to 10% of ALL the 2nd round picks in the NBA. Just no creativity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Limited athletic black centers without size to be a strong defender won't even be in the league.
    lmao… exactly. That’s just not how this works. That’s not how any of this works.

Thread Information