Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #3 Pick, let's hope the draft is better next year and the raps pick conveys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah #3. Better chances no matter what at a good/great player. 2 good players don't equal one great player, even if the difference is thin.and spurs need room for vet presence. Two more rookies to develop and give time to,, that's another mess of a team.next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #3 because we have too many assets to develop

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that is a weak draft, better to get 7th and 8th

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #3 Pick, let's hope the draft is better next year and the raps pick conveys.
    Finally, someone who took into account that it isn't #3 vs #7 + #8 this year, it's #3 + the future TOR pick vs #7 + #8 this year.

Sure, the TOR pick can never be higher than #7, and might be in the teens if the Raptors finally decide not to tank, but it still needs to be taken into account. The difference between #3 and #7 this year can easily outweigh the difference between #8 this year and whatever the TOR pick becomes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number 3 but only if it gets me Sarr. This team would hit another gear with another real offensive big who is an offensive threat next to Wemby.

7 and 8 probably gets us another Devin and another Sochan. 1 is enough. You can make the case that 1 is to many.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have two guaranteed picks in 2025.
    Chicago possibly being the third, I guess they'll be in similar situation to Raptors this year with that top10 protected pick.
    And who knows, maybe even Charlotte makes a miracle play-in run, although that's not likely to happen.

I'd rather have two rookies while we're still deciding which direction to take than to have four picks next year.
    Yeah, we can trade up, but if PATFO really wants someone, they can trade up with future picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 and 8, purely because I’m sure the Spurs FO have throbbing boners for players that could be had at 20 and 21

Yeah, I’m not sold that we’ll do much with 3 or 7&8. We haven’t hit a home run with any draft pick that isn’t teed up perfectly obvious like Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 and 8. Then I'd package them along with the CHI pick to move up to 3.

(That last part is a joke. 7 and 8.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #3. Spurs get to use Toronto’s pick in stronger drafts either next year or the following. They can also decide to move that pick later in a trade since teams tend to be more attracted to the possibilities of a pick than the player drafted with that pick. Plus, they have an increased likelihood of getting their preferred guy at #3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the people who are saying the #3 pick im curious who they want with that #3 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this draft, 7 or 8 is individually not too different from the 3. There's only one player I'd regret missing on and I don't think the Spurs want him anyway.

Meanwhile, the Spurs probably don't want more than 2 rookies a draft class so they'd have to move TOR next year if they get it anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the people who are saying the #3 pick im curious who they want with that #3 pick
    For me, it's less about valuing a particular player that highly and it's more about using the asset of an extra pick at a later time. I'd rather see if it can be packaged in a trade either this summer or next. If the Spurs do have to use it for themselves, I rather it be next year or the year after with better draft classes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be greedy. 1 and 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be greedy. 1 and 7.
    Who would you get with 1?

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have the 3 this year and the Toronto pick next year than 7 and 8. I think that's clear, even with uncertainty of the Raptors pick conveying.

If I could trade the #3 this year for 7 and 8, I probably do that (though, there's no way for something like that to happen).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in a draft where the talent curve is this flat, i dont think you would get the 7th and 8th pick in exchange for the 3rd pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t Spurs trade 7 or 8 pick with KJ to 2025 unprotected first pick? Some non-playoff teams will be wagered to win next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 & 8 so we can trade them for Tre Young

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 & 8 so we can trade them for Tre Young
    I'd rather trade them for Murray....or one of them for Derrick White...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #3 and the Toronto pick next year is what I’d prefer over 7&8.

Believe.
    Post Count
    #3 and the Toronto pick next year is what I’d prefer over 7&8.
    The reality is it’s going to #7 and Toronto pick or 7&8. Of course anyone would want the earlier projected pick if you count the Toronto pick. It defeats the point of the hypothetical.

Be warned though, if the Toronto pick doesn’t land this year there’s an increased chance it doesn’t land at all. I believe after two more years it goes away without even a second to
    show for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 & 8. This draft is almost exclusively role players, so you might as well try to grab a couple of them before making bigger swings in a better draft next year. Also, if that Raps pick doesn't convey this year, there's a decent chance of the Spurs having 4 first rounders next year, so they'd probably be forced to sell at least 1 of those from a poor bargaining position(roster crunch).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 2024 & #7 2026 TOR Please

Thread Information