Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A potential team to watch, should Chris Paul and the Warriors part ways, is San Antonio. Among the early personnel rumbles in circulation: The Spurs could emerge as a Paul suitor if they decide to pursue some veteran know-how on a short-term contract basis to furnish presumptive Rookie of the Year winner Victor Wembanyama with more seasoned help in Year 2.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude is washed I hope the spurs skip on him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please god no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A potential team to watch, should Chris Paul and the Warriors part ways, is San Antonio. Among the early personnel rumbles in circulation: The Spurs could emerge as a Paul suitor if they decide to pursue some veteran know-how on a short-term contract basis to furnish presumptive Rookie of the Year winner Victor Wembanyama with more seasoned help in Year 2.
    What would that look like? Zollins + Charlotte 1st? Gives them salary relief next year plus a fake 1st to sell..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs +/- :
    With Tre (2138 minutes): -22
    Without Tre (1828 minutes): -510

Spurs badly need another PG to play when Tre isn't on the court. This player could come from trade, FA or the draft but it would be disastrous if Spurs start next season with only one decent PG.

Saying that, I'm really not a fan of Chris Paul at that stage of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs +/- :
    With Tre (2138 minutes): -22
    Without Tre (1828 minutes): -510

Spurs badly need another PG to play when Tre isn't on the court. This player could come from trade, FA or the draft but it would be disastrous if Spurs start next season with only one decent PG.

Saying that, I'm really not a fan of Chris Paul at that stage of his career.
    Indeed. What Tre is missing is perimeter scoring and even that he improved over the second half of the season, albeit at relatively low shooting volumes. All things considered, his brother can be a great back-up or he can back-up his brother. Tyus Jones, I think is the most logical answer for the Spurs if they need a veteran PG while seeking to upgrade the SF position through trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein.. was an engaging writer for ESPN. But ever since he left ESPN.. I dont remember a time when he predicated anything correctly or broke something a la Woj-bomb/ Shams cracker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have loved him this past year, but would rather save the minutes for a developmental guy next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take him. , for the dirty tricks he could teach alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Tyus Jones, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could keep the bench warm like Devonte Graham did all year… jk lol wouldn’t hate it but I’d rather they invested in a young PG

Post Count
    Would have been fine to have him this year just to have a guy that could help with Wemby rookie development. Now it is pointless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would that look like? Zollins + Charlotte 1st? Gives them salary relief next year plus a fake 1st to sell..
    The Warriors can (and will) just release Paul by June 28th, since none of his $30M is guaranteed, unless he's utilized as ballast for a trade that can both reduce their tax bill (Lacob has made it clear they want out of it entirely) and improve them.

Collins obviously doesn't do either and the Spurs would have to pay to get off of him.

I'm sure Paul's preference is Lakers first (if they trade for a star guard and need back court depth), Suns second, so he can (pseudo) contend and remain close to his family in L.A.

The Spurs preference at lead guard is supposedly a young veteran or at least in their prime one, with size.

This comes off as brainstorming and a last resort type thing for both sides.
    Last edited by TD 21; 1 Week Ago at 10:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein.. was an engaging writer for ESPN. But ever since he left ESPN.. I dont remember a time when he predicated anything correctly or broke something a la Woj-bomb/ Shams cracker.
    Him and Ric Bucher. Now they've been sent to the Shadow Realm.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take him. , for the dirty tricks he could teach alone.
    I've always hated him so I'm against it in the abstract but he could mentor Sochan. Not totally joking. CP is as veteran as it gets. Good lord, CP might even want to come here to later join the coaching staff. He would be a good coach. Totally riffing here, not likely of course but just trying to think of all the possibilities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would prefer Patty Mills

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s exactly the type of vet this team needs. His work with the young guys in Phoenix, okc, and in Golden State speaks for itself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I wouldn't hate it if we are staying with so many 1st contract young guys. That said, there are other avenues I'd explore first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirty flopping POS.
    Drunk assed Crater face will prolly go for it
    And the show continues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirty flopping POS.
    Drunk assed Crater face will prolly go for it
    And the show continues
    Can't have guys flopping. True... true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds are the warriors cut/waive him for salary purposes. Some western conference team may sign him for a part of the MLE based on his reputation. He doesn't have that much left in the tank (other than experience) that would really benefit a team like the spurs. What's he going to do, sit on the bench like Graham did, or better yet he could teach the young spurs how to flop properly, like he has for almost 2 decades. Thanks but no thanks. We have better uses for one of our few available player slots. At his age he should retire or stick to doing state farm commercials if he wants to stay active.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a fan of the idea. I wonder in what scenario they’d take him though: a trade for him or wait for GWS to waive him?

If it’s a trade, I really don’t think the Spurs would need to give up much value. The GSW offseason outlook looks bleak. In fact, GSW would probably need to attach Moody in your proposal (and spurs might need to lob in a few SRPs to compensate).

Julian played well at the end, but I think Moody would be a slight upgrade in the SL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he accept a vet min im fine with him on the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP39

Thread Information