Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1522
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm old enough to remember when some ST.com posters said Jaylen Brown overrated/wasn't worth his extension/wouldn't be worthy of trying to acquire and how Boston would be forced to blow it up when they couldn't deliver. Jaylen Brown's about to win Finals MVP in a pretty dominating Boston postseason run (they'll tie the Spurs and a myriad of other teams for 4th all time with only 2 losses in a playoff run if they can pull off this sweep).
    He has been incredible. Definitely the alpha on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I still donít believe Jaylen Brown is a super-max caliber guy, butÖfor the Celtics itís worked out and it was the right move. Theyíve clearly been on the cusp of being a le team for years now, so making a huge change and dealing Brown for picks was just too risky.

Build a team around Jaylen Brown as your clear-cut best player and itís likely going nowhere This Celtics team is just masterfully constructed. White/Jrue/Brown/Tatum/KP/Horford is a ridiculously good 6-man group.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm old enough to remember when some ST.com posters said Jaylen Brown overrated/wasn't worth his extension/wouldn't be worthy of trying to acquire and how Boston would be forced to blow it up when they couldn't deliver. Jaylen Brown's about to win Finals MVP in a pretty dominating Boston postseason run (they'll tie the Spurs and a myriad of other teams for 4th all time with only 2 losses in a playoff run if they can pull off this sweep).
    I'm old enough to remember when the Celtics didn't have Holiday and Porzingis on the cheap and didn't catch far more injury breaks than they incurred (still worthy champions because they're clearly the best team) . . . if you'd have told me that at the time, of course I'd have said retain Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iím telling you guys this Mavs team was nothing special. The Celtics didnít need KP to beat this sorry ass Mavs team. Dallas had their cute little moment but Celtics are winning it all.
    They owned the WC, including the best defensive team.

That said, if they can't even prevent a sweep, they still underachieved.

BTW, I called Mavs in 6 if the games were close. No need to go hunting for my prediction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D White getting a ring is cool.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

BTW, I called Mavs in 6 if the games were close. No need to go hunting for my prediction
    That was a bad pick.

Look how deep Boston is compared to Dallas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D White getting a ring is cool.
    The ONLY thing that makes me happy about Celtics winning. Their fans are gonna be insufferable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ONLY thing that makes me happy about Celtics winning. Their fans are gonna be insufferable.
    I would say the best part of it is their fans being insufferable towards Laker fans. They are going to rub in the 18-17 advantage they have over them for as long as possible.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the alternative, I'll take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same guys trashing doncic are the ones who wanted Trae. WTF?
    the same guys that trashing prime harden are the ones that want doncic, it's normal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a game and most likely series on the line game deciding call?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are all the Luka fans who dream of him in a Spur unifom??

Are you finally opening your eyes?

For all his offensive talent, he is the worst superstar ever with James Harden. He's not only lazy on D, he's acting like a spoiled child, talking to refs and own teammates/coaches... smh

The fault is partly on Cuban/Mavs FO, they excused everthing for years and it's now too late to change him or show authority. They're fuked for a long term with him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a game and most likely series on the line game deciding call?
    Luka fouling out wasn't the story + it kinda helped the mavs actually ^^

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even the Spurs beat the Wolves this season

We forget that PO are a very different type of bb and that matchups change the whole picture.

Gobert is a massive handicap in the PO compared to RS and ANT's game is far from being half court/PO efficient yet

Those are the weakest POs and Finals I've watched in + 2 decades tbh

NBA is between two cycles/eras in the West (the East is weak as usual)

Spurs shouldn't waste time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the overrrecations. Every season is the weakest ever.
    East would've been great for their standards if everyone was healthy.
    West was solid enough, it's just that matchups favored Dallas.

As for Luka, while it's true that his sixth foul was something you don't call in the finals, even though it's a foul if we look at the rules, he committed four incredibly dumb fouls in the fourth quarter.
    Considering how he berates the refs every single play, he deserved it. If he wasn't ing all game long, Mavs would've won at least one game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be Luka best shot at a ring as a mav. I don't see Kyrie puttiing another season without starting to mess in one way or another. They're lacking talent and depth with no real assets to upgrade on that part and a lack of picks in the future. They're in the finals most entirely thanks to the Luka-irving and once BOS focused on Irving letting Luka do his thing, it's was game, with no one in DAL able to step up.

Lively is nice but he's still a role player with limited offensive upside, a Tiago if you will. Useful but you still need the Manus, TPs, Nephews, Horries, Borises... Not over yet but I agree overall that was pretty mediocre POs wth BOS a tier above everyone else... MIN has a lot of flaws and still made the WCF. there's definitely a path to contend reasonably quickly with BOS who won't also be able to afford that roster very long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the day-to-day overreactions during the playoffs to whatever anecdotal evidence happened 30 seconds ago is pretty amusing. I actually liked the Kyrie redemption story this year, and am glad he seems to enjoy playing basketball again, but the narratives of "Kyrie is the most gifted player ever" were a bit silly. For me also, it shows how taken some are with flashy handles, which sometimes work against Kyrie as much as they work for him, resulting in way too many iso heavy possessions. D White and Jrue both have functional handles without the flash, and almost never stop ball movement.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the overrrecations. Every season is the weakest ever.
    East would've been great for their standards if everyone was healthy.
    West was solid enough, it's just that matchups favored Dallas.

As for Luka, while it's true that his sixth foul was something you don't call in the finals, even though it's a foul if we look at the rules, he committed four incredibly dumb fouls in the fourth quarter.
    Considering how he berates the refs every single play, he deserved it. If he wasn't ing all game long, Mavs would've won at least one game.
    +1
    Great player. Can't shut the up to officials or fans. Commits dumb fouls and acts shocked when the refs who he drags for the entire game don't give him benefit of the doubt.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors losing the play-in game.
    Nephew getting injured again.
    Jokic and Murray ting on Lakers yet again.
    Phoenix Sons, as per usual.
    OKC and especially Chet, ting the bed.
    Amazing series between Wolves and Denver.

Embiid having another meltdown.
    Fake tough guy Jimmy and Heat lost in the first round.
    Karma for firing Bud catching up with the Bucks.
    Knicks finally thinking they have a chance only to lose to arguably their biggest rivals.
    Magic and Pacers had good showings.

Mainstream media overhyping crybaby Luka and deranged Kyrie only for them to get embarrassed by the Celtics.
    Lakers fans in full meltdown mode because Celtics have more rings again.
    Our boy Derrick won a ring.

Really enjoyable, at least for me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1
    Great player. Can't shut the up to officials or fans. Commits dumb fouls and acts shocked when the refs who he drags for the entire game don't give him benefit of the doubt.
    Exactly. He s on the refs ALL GAME LONG and seems to not have a clue how that comes back on him. He got obviously fouled several times and didn't get the call. Don't piss on the refs and they'll be less likely to piss on you.

Shoulda learned that a decade ago. Where's Kidd??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also easy to forget that Doncic is 25 and has been to two WCFs and one Finals. Joel Embiid is 30 and still hasn't gotten past the second round.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also easy to forget that Doncic is 25 and has been to two WCFs and one Finals. Joel Embiid is 30 and still hasn't gotten past the second round.
    He needs someone to change his mentality. Not just when it comes to refs, but off-ball engagement on both ends off the floor.

While it's true Mavs supporting cast sucks, their gameplan just can't work against great teams with perimeter defenders.
    Luka and Kyrie shot 55 times last night. Other 9 Mavs players shot 31 time.
    You can't expect players to not touch the ball at all for several minutes and then hit important shots.
    That's why Rockets went 0-27, that's why Mavs role players can't do right now.
    Btw, THJ hasn't scored a point since May 18th.

But I expect more of the same next season.
    Mainstream media narrative will push Luka to win the MVP, he'll have a Harden-like season and then lose in the playoffs in exactly the same way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Doncic's supporting cast has height & athleticism, but I think he needs at least one guy with size that also has all around skills. A peak Batum or Kirilenko would do wonders for that team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , I thought game three was today! I'm reading comments and I'm like WTF are these people talking about. Somehow completely managed to miss any news about it.

I thought the Mavs will lose the series after so many people here started saying they were going to win. Didn't expect them to possibly get swept though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors losing the play-in game.
    Nephew getting injured again.
    Jokic and Murray ting on Lakers yet again.
    Phoenix Sons, as per usual.
    OKC and especially Chet, ting the bed.
    Amazing series between Wolves and Denver.

Embiid having another meltdown.
    Fake tough guy Jimmy and Heat lost in the first round.
    Karma for firing Bud catching up with the Bucks.
    Knicks finally thinking they have a chance only to lose to arguably their biggest rivals.
    Magic and Pacers had good showings.

Mainstream media overhyping crybaby Luka and deranged Kyrie only for them to get embarrassed by the Celtics.
    Lakers fans in full meltdown mode because Celtics have more rings again.
    Our boy Derrick won a ring.

Really enjoyable, at least for me.
    This tbh. Don't forget also the public embarrassment of the Lakers FO and team after the Jerry West saga. A great playoffs all around in terms of results.

Also, seeing how wide-open the playoffs were, and also thinking about how this Boston team can't last too long before they get way too expensive to keep together with JT & JB's supermaxes -- the Spurs FO gotta be salivating. It's gonna be Wemby Time before long.

Thread Information