Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite not being your cup of tea, I respect your knowledge, but I've heard this spiel so many times about this archetype. They're almost always described in similar fashion and almost always bust.

Even most of the ones who succeed don't do so as lead guards and become bit players in the playoffs (Daniels looks to be this in the making).

For every Smart, Suggs and (Amen) Thompson (all better prospects, the former a better play maker, the latter two way more athletic), there's Winslow (even though he was listed as a forward), Exum, Ntilikina, Culver, Daniels, Black (too soon) and to a lesser extent (more true PG's) Payton, Mudiay, Dunn, Hayes.
    I can't argue with any of those examples, it's definitely a valid point, and I've accepted possibly being Charlie brown again this year as lucy pulls the football with this viewpoint as it pertains to Castle. That said, it might be too early to judge both Black and Daniels, especially their impact with incremental improvements to their shooting over the next 4-5 years if they get to say .360 on 5 attempts per game as opposed to .320 on 2 attempts per game. I also think I'd be less likely to swing if I didn't know that we had a significant amount of draft capital coming in over the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well given that they're a couple of rooks, I figured it was more of a chess thing.
    Plus at center we have the French defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle seems to be moving up many big boards and has reached as high as #2 (The Athletic) or #3 (The Ringer, CBS, Yahoo Sports).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle seems to be moving up many big boards and has reached as high as #2 (The Athletic) or #3 (The Ringer, CBS, Yahoo Sports).
    The Rockets aren't a fit. If the Wizards take Castle at 2, then either Sarr or Risacher are available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know if I can take the Spurs having 2 players with shogun topknot ponytails

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets aren't a fit. If the Wizards take Castle at 2, then either Sarr or Risacher are available.
    Is Castle went 2, Rockets would take Risacher 3 and the Spurs would be left holding their s. Let’s hope this doesn’t happen tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Castle went 2, Rockets would take Risacher 3 and the Spurs would be left holding their s. Letís hope this doesnít happen tbh.
    Most would say Sheppard is a fine pick at 4 and have been hoping he didnít go at the 3 to HOU.

Edit: at least the math skills being displayed over here are slightly better than on the Dilly thread where 1 + 1 + 1 = 4 apparently.
    Last edited by Knoxxx; 1 Week Ago at 09:32 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like castle,But feel like we need a more faster pg who moves the pace and breaks the defense down and gets
    easy shots for his teammates.Think thats what topic and dilly do imo,Can read the defence and push the ball
    make plays to get shots for themselves or teammates.Castle plays smart and safe basketball,Dont know if has
    another level to be aggressive and dominate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most would say Sheppard is a fine pick at 4 and have been hoping he didn’t go at the 3 to HOU.

Edit: at least the math skills being displayed over here are slightly better than on the Dilly thread where 1 + 1 + 1 = 4 apparently.
    Judging by the reactions I've seen on this board, the only semi-likely pick at 4 that would truly trigger a meltdown here would be if the spurs took Topic at 4

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if he did not go to UCONN and just bought in to play the connector wing role, he is a similar prospect to Jalen Hood Schifino. Two-way guard , high IQ with some star upside because of the size and strenght. His unselfishness changed his trajectory up until the combine when he demanded what looks like a starting PG spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three final points . . .

1. I don't put much stock in the "I'm a PG" comment. Nobody is handing him "the keys" in terms of running volume p-n-r. What I could see is them trading for Brogdon, starting them together and having every starter have some level of agency in terms of offensive initiation, while increasing their switch ability.

2. The "pick him if you deem him BPA and don't worry about fit with Sochan and/or Jones" notion sounds great in theory. In reality, with their aversion to movement (don't be fooled by them disassembling the last core; that was to add beaucoup picks and the best odds at Wembanyama) and obsession with continuity, at least the former stands a good chance of being entrenched.

3. "Almost anyone at 4 will be a questionable shooter", ignores that Sheppard might be available, they have the goods to trade up for Risacher and there's always the trading one of the picks in a package for a starter option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher ainít worth trading both 4 + 8 for, and he sure as ainít worth trading 4 + one of ATLís Unprotected picks for. Heís going to be a Wizard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I don't recall saying it had to be either iteration you proposed or that it even had to happen (we know it won't) period.

The point is, they have options and don't have to settle for some non shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If both, Castle and Sheppard are available, I'm taking Sheppard without thinking twice.

To me both have about the same celing, with Sheppard having the much higher floor and being able to contribute right away. Sheppard's shooting is gonna be way more valuable than Castle's defense, and Sheppard's playmaking on defense will help him be less of a liability on that side of the floor, than Castle on offense with his lack of shooting.

If the Rockets draft Sheppard, then I would rather go with Buzelis over Castle at #4, before the Pistons take him at 5, and draft a guard at #8, which will no doubt have 2 or 3 interesting options (Dillingham, Topic or even Castle himself).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, my comment was about Black being way more hyped as a prospect than Castle, which is undeniable true. Had a much bigger role, scored more pts, had more assists, more blocks, more steals, more rebounds, was more efficient, and just overall was seen as a better player
    Black wasnít even a FRP at the beginning of his season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If both, Castle and Sheppard are available, I'm taking Sheppard without thinking twice.

To me both have about the same celing, with Sheppard having the much higher floor and being able to contribute right away. Sheppard's shooting is gonna be way more valuable than Castle's defense, and Sheppard's playmaking on defense will help him be less of a liability on that side of the floor, than Castle on offense with his lack of shooting.

If the Rockets draft Sheppard, then I would rather go with Buzelis over Castle at #4, before the Pistons take him at 5, and draft a guard at #8, which will no doubt have 2 or 3 interesting options (Dillingham, Topic or even Castle himself).
    How do you think Reed’s game compares to Podziemski’s?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like castle,But feel like we need a more faster pg who moves the pace and breaks the defense down and gets
    easy shots for his teammates.Think thats what topic and dilly do imo,Can read the defence and push the ball
    make plays to get shots for themselves or teammates.Castle plays smart and safe basketball,Dont know if has
    another level to be aggressive and dominate.
    Castle doesn't have to be the primary pg. He can spend time at both the 1 and 2 and the Spurs can still add a primary pg who gets more minutes at pg than Castle. Castle's roster flexibility will be attractive for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle doesn't have to be the primary pg. He can spend time at both the 1 and 2 and the Spurs can still add a primary pg who gets more minutes at pg than Castle. Castle's roster flexibility will be attractive for the Spurs.
    If you are getting Castle to be a 2 then it is a bad pick at 4.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are getting Castle to be a 2 then it is a bad pick at 4.
    Castle will be sharing time at 1 and 2. Spurs like the versatility, not a bad pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Castle went 2, Rockets would take Risacher 3 and the Spurs would be left holding their s. Let’s hope this doesn’t happen tbh.
    I'd be fine with Sheppard at #4 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black wasn’t even a FRP at the beginning of his season.
    So? I'm talking about when the draft took place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you think Reed’s game compares to Podziemski’s?
    I think Sheppard will prove to be a better player. Sheppard is elite at the most important skill you can have in today's NBA. In top of that, he's good in many other areas. There's almost no chance he doesn't become, at least, a solid rotation piece.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judging by the reactions I've seen on this board, the only semi-likely pick at 4 that would truly trigger a meltdown here would be if the spurs took Topic at 4
    This draft is so flat and the picks so divisive, there will be a meltdown no matter whom gets picked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is so flat and the picks so divisive, there will be a meltdown no matter whom gets picked.
    I agree with this... I've got Sheppard and Castle 4 and 5 on my board, but I'm not so high on anybody that I'm going to get frustrated no matter which way we go. Even if we go topic I won't be upset because this thing is so flat from 3 or 4-10 or 11...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the one draft prediction that is 100% going to happen.

Thread Information