Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he’s pretty good actually. And they’ll have to decide what to do between him, White, and Caruso.
    I would think trading Caruso would be the obvious move in that case. Ayo is on a nice contract too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayo had a great year this past season, and has been comp’ed to Jrue. I just think most of us don’t watch Bulls basketball to know.

That, and isn’t the premise here that the top guys are gone by 4? So from the Spurs’ perspective (who don’t want Clingan) the choices get pretty flat over the next 8 picks or so.

I mean, outside of a very few number of folks here, does Reed freaking Shepard at 4 really make anyone that excited?
    I would prefer him to Dosunmu, yes.

We don't know what the Spurs want or don't want. This was timvp's board, and there's no reason to believe Sheppard isn't higher than one or more of those on the Spurs' board. For me, there are a number of players I'd be glad to pick and hope the Spurs get one they like. Dosunmu taking up cap space really isn't my idea of great move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could live with this, though probably prefer Holland to Williams.
    A man of culture

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean, outside of a very few number of folks here, does Reed freaking Shepard at 4 really make anyone that excited?
    I wouldn't

Like you I'd rather have Castle as he'll be a better overall player than Sheppard who will be just a player who comes off the bench, limited upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't

Like you I'd rather have Castle as he'll be a better overall player than Sheppard who will be just a player who comes off the bench, limited upside.
    Sheppard is projected higher than Castle and the idea that he can never start is dubious. Now if both fell that is an interesting question as I have them about in coin flip status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would draft Clingan and either keep him or trade him. There would be enough guards for one to be had at #8. Sheppard, Dillingham, Topic, Carter, or Carrington. I would actually prefer this but that is my opinion. If they pick guard at 4, then I would say Knecht, Holland, or Salaun with the 8th.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard is projected higher than Castle and the idea that he can never start is dubious. Now if both fell that is an interesting question as I have them about in coin flip status.
    Doesn't look dynamic(big enough, quick enough, athletic enough) enough to be a starter in the NBA. Will be a shooter who comes off the bench. Like Pritchard in Boston.

Is Pritchard worth the 4th pick in this draft?

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like you take two dartboards. Put Shep, Riz and Castle on one and throw your #4 dart. Put Williams, Carter, Dilly and maybe Sal, if the Spurs interest is there, and throw your #8 dart. In a draft this flat, it feels like two random throws has a similar chance of success as weeks of research.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like you take two dartboards. Put Shep, Riz and Castle on one and throw your #4 dart. Put Williams, Carter, Dilly and maybe Sal, if the Spurs interest is there, and throw your #8 dart. In a draft this flat, it feels like two random throws has a similar chance of success as weeks of research.
    Most drafts end up that way. Nobody sniffed out Manu or Kawhi or Jokic. Sure things are very rare. Most of the time you have to navigate who will handle sudden wealth and still work to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard at 4 is a win. I'd personally go Holland at 8, since he's the more naturally aggressive player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, pretty funny that this is spun as a ďless than idealĒ scenario Would be thrilled if Sheppard falls to us at 4. Williams isnít my first choice at 8 but heís not melt-down material. *cough*Salaun*cough*

Sheppard/Holland or Sheppard/Carter would be fantastic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put me in the camp of Sheppard and either Castle or Buzelis first round and Dillon Jones in the second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Risacher, Castle, Sarr are gone by #4 Reed Sheppard is a nice consolation prize at least. Wouldn't be surprised to see SA pick Clingan there either.

Williams, Carter, Dillingham with #8 is a pretty comfortable best case of a worst case scenario if it happens. Worst case scenario is getting cute with it and picking some left field like JaKobe Walter lol. Or spending too much capital to move up.

I'm waiting for a miracle on Risacher + Castle though.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s more and more buzz about Castle getting picked before Sheppard. If Atlanta takes Clingan, and Risacher goes in the top three, the spurs are going to have a tough decision on their hands

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s more and more buzz about Castle getting picked before Sheppard. If Atlanta takes Clingan, and Risacher goes in the top three, the spurs are going to have a tough decision on their hands
    On the contrary, iíll be giving a sigh of relief if Clingan goes in the Top 3. Means one of Castle, ZR, or Castle will be there form us. If Clingan goes 1, WAS is sprinting to the podium to take Sarr btw, so really means one of Castle or ZR will be there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be pretty pumped to end up with Sheppard. I'm low on Williams, would rather just go Holland if Saluan wasn't available tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who don't like Saluan but would be happy with Buzelis or Cody Williams tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Cody Williams graded out highest of any NCAA or G-league player in David Locke's analytics model, which while simple does tend to identify and delineate between valued players and busts/reaches like Primo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Cody Williams graded out highest of any NCAA or G-league player in David Locke's analytics model, which while simple does tend to identify and delineate between valued players and busts/reaches like Primo
    I should note that I'm going off of what Locke reported over a month ago, for some reason Locked on Jazz has been missing from my pod feed for over a month, so I've missed the recent shows where he's been more focused on the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Luka, Ja,SGA, Fox, Green out there for years to come, it would be nice to get a POA defender on Castle

Sochan is fine defending Luka and big guards, but heís not fast enough to stay in front of nimble athletic guards.

My most ideal combination would be Risacher and Castle. If Risacher is available at 4, itís a no brainer. Iíll be hoping that Castle slips to 8th which is unlikely. Does Spurs pick Dilly at 8th or a complimentary defensive PG like Devin Carter? Hmmm.. canít wait.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buzelis vs Reed would be an interesting meltdown moment.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holland seems super polarizing. Hoop Intellect has #2. Others like around 14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iím starting to come around on Buzelis, he doesnít have a ton of weaknesses (gives me some Gordon Hayward vibes) think heíd be a good fit with wemby.

As long as the spurs donít do something crazy we should come away with two really solid prospects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of basketball IQ trending to the top of the list.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m starting to come around on Buzelis, he doesn’t have a ton of weaknesses (gives me some Gordon Hayward vibes) think he’d be a good fit with wemby.

As long as the spurs don’t do something crazy we should come away with two really solid prospects
    With the scenario presented that's who I'm taking at 4, Sheppard Dillingham or Carter will be there at 8.

Thread Information