San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh this is like my dream scenario tbh

I would love a Reed + Holland combo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're to get a theoretical wing, I'd rather have Williams than Ignite duo.
    He might even be the player with highest upside in this draft, but surely wouldn't contribute much right away.

If he could develop into 6'8 version of his brother, it would be scary and a perfect fit with Sheppard, Devin and Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my worst case scenario, Sarr, Castle and Risacher going top 3. If this is the way the board shapes up, I'd try to see if I can trade down from 4. Possible scenarios:
    1) Offer Portland 4 x 7 + 14. Then you have 7, 8, 14, going by your board (Buzelis and Dillingham are gone by 7) I'd take Clingan at 7 forcing another team to trade for him (Chicago, Memphis), and use 8 on Cody Williams and 14 on Topic.
    2) Offer 4 o 8 to Chicago, in exchange for reducing the protections on the '25 pick (top 4?) and either #11 or a '26 swap. Say it's 4 x 11 + renegotiate '25 (say lower the protections to 4-unpr.), then going by your board take Cody Williams at 8 and Devin Carter at 11
    3) Offer 4 to Charlotte in exchange for 6 plus renegotiate the pick they owe (extend period, reduce protections... say top 8-8-8). Then, going by your board, take Dillingham at 6 and Cody Williams at 8.

Bottom line, if Risacher/Castle are gone then the appeal of #4 goes down the drain and I'd ty to get some combination of wing (Cody Williams?) and guard (Dillingham, Devin Carter, Topic?) plus an extra asset.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm cool with Reed + any non-shooting athletic project, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Clingan's on the board at #4, things gonna get wild. Draft him and trade him to the highest bidder. Extract maximum value. And 100% agree with this nugget "But, for example, getting Risacher and Carter sounds like one of the better results from this draft."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd much rather come away with Sheppard (or Dillingham) than Castle with the top pick, and i'd much rather have Williams/Holland/Knecht than Salaun at 8. so having both Castle and Salaun "sniped" is one of the better scenarios as far as im concerned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I'm no big fan of Cody Williams, I think getting Sheppard at #4 isn't a bad outcome at all. While we can harp on size and athletic measurements all day long, at the end of the day, what we're looking for is a good basketball player, and by all analytics accounts, Sheppard is the best basketball player in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the best player in the draft per analytical models is the consolation prize? Oh no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard is the physical opposite of Wemby. Not sure about the pick but in a crappy draft let’s do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, the story here is Timvp really doesn't think the Spurs are going to draft Topic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iíd instead shop 4 to a team that wants Clingon. Forgot where I heard this, but this would be good:

CHI: 4 + SRP
    SAS: Ayo Dusumno +11

Take Williams (8) and Carter (11).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, the story here is Timvp really doesn't think the Spurs are going to draft Topic.
    Good point. Not even at 8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle @ 4

Saluan or Edey @ 8

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d instead shop 4 to a team that wants Clingon. Forgot where I heard this, but this would be good:

Ayo is that good? Feels like Chicago should be throwing in instead of San Antonio. 4 to 11 is a steep drop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could live with this, though probably prefer Holland to Williams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cody Williams has always been a nice option at the #8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d instead shop 4 to a team that wants Clingon. Forgot where I heard this, but this would be good:

You could switch 4 with 8, and I still wouldn't do it. MAYBE if Chicago altered their 2025 pick to make it much more likely to convey (like top-7. top-5, top-3) it would make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been pondering the Spurs making some kind of move to get Sarr lately.

I just think of all the players in this draft, Sarr is the guy with the least amount of questions and he'd make a really nice twin tower next to Wemby.

You see people say silly things like "trade 4 and 8 to get the #1". That's a serious overpay. Especially in a draft without clear superstars. But I wonder what would be realistic?

Atlanta probably would insist on some of their picks back. Which I don't think that'd be worth it in any scenario. But what if Sarr isn't the #1 pick and now we're trading up from #4 to #2 with Washington? Would the #35 this year (and maybe a couple other future 2nds) be enough ballast to move to #2? I can't imagine the cost is nearly as high as in more formidable drafts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayo is that good? Feels like Chicago should be throwing in instead of San Antonio. 4 to 11 is a steep drop.
    Yeah heís pretty good actually. And theyíll have to decide what to do between him, White, and Caruso.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could switch 4 with 8, and I still wouldn't do it. MAYBE if Chicago altered their 2025 pick to make it much more likely to convey (like top-7. top-5, top-3) it would make sense.
    Ayo had a great year this past season, and has been compíed to Jrue. I just think most of us donít watch Bulls basketball to know.

That, and isnít the premise here that the top guys are gone by 4? So from the Spursí perspective (who donít want Clingan) the choices get pretty flat over the next 8 picks or so.

I mean, outside of a very few number of folks here, does Reed freaking Shepard at 4 really make anyone that excited?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, outside of a very few number of folks here, does Reed freaking Shepard at 4 really make anyone that excited?
    You wouldn't be excited by Sheppard? Strange. The dude can play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard would be good-

a sniper on a spurs team of bricklayers?

yes please

Thread Information