SpursWoman
    or did the Lakers win another championship?

SpursWoman
    She needs to go move that sign over by the bonfire.

SpursWoman
    This is pretty original....

SpursWoman

That's actually a cut out....pretty good, I had to look twice.

SpursWoman
    I like this picture...

SpursWoman
    You know, I've heard Bush having a few not-so-eloquent moments, but I don't think I've ever heard him say "nucUlar"..

Nbadan
    All this makes me wonder if LBJ would have won re-election if he had decided to run? I guess we will find out in November.

Tommy Duncan
    The looney left saves the world, or so they think.

Tommy Duncan
    That's dumb. Bush is not LBJ in '68.

Nbadan
    Bush is not LBJ in '68.
    Really? What's so different?

IcemanCometh

Nbadan
    Where are the W. supporters?

Vice President Cheney arrived at the Republican National Convention through Ellis Island, tracing a route taken by millions of immigrants and staying far removed from the tens of thousands of protesters who turned out on a sweltering Sunday to urge defeat of the Bush-Cheney ticket.

Cheney spoke to a relatively small gathering of a few hundred people, all of whom were invited by the local Republican Party. The crowd did not fill the fenced-in grassy lawn set aside for supporters, and volunteers implored people in the back to move to a spot in front of TV cameras.
    Associated Press

Sounds like a great place to go for quiet time and reflection!

Meanwhile...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of demonstrators toting colourful banners and shouting "no more Bush" have taken to the streets of New York, the day before the Republican convention is to open, to decry the U.S.-led war in Iraq and President George W. Bush's policies.

Organisers for United for Peace and Justice coalition estimated 400,000 people marched for more than five hours in summer heat and humidity.
    Police declined to estimate the size of the crowd, but it stretched out more than a mile (1.6 km) along two main avenues in central Manhattan.

"I am just burning with anger about what our country is doing," said protester Cornelius Boss, an ex-Marine from Columbus, Ohio, about Bush's foreign policy.

Police said there were more than 200 arrests during on Sunday, most unrelated to the march, but there was at least one clash between self-styled anarchists and police along the route. Three police officers were injured.

About 500 people have been arrested since anti-Bush protests began on Thursday when AIDS activists stood naked in front of Madison Square Garden.
    Reuters

Tommy Duncan
    Well for starters you don't have a president loathed by his own party's base nor do you have the animosity to this war that there was to Vietnam. Also the scale and scope of operations in Iraq is much smaller. And of course in 1968 the country had not sustained an attack which left 2,000 dead 3 years prior. And so on.

Hook Dem
    Democrats resorting to desperation!

ClintSquint
    Democrats resorting to desperation!
    You ain't seen nothing yet. The RNC has just started and since terrorism is the only issue Dubya's got...watch them desperately use 9/11.

Tommy Duncan
    And the DNC did not "use 9/11".

This election is a vote on the performance of Bush's administration. Highlighting his leadership in response to 9/11 is fair political game.

ClintSquint
    I'll get back to you in 7 minutes.

Yonivore
    "Where are the W. supporters?"
    Working.

Spurminator

Yonivore
    Yeah, and Kerry will get back to you in 30 minutes...when he is 'snapped' out of his shock by an evacuation order.

FDR will get back to you in 18 minutes.

Opinionater
    If you are working, IMO, you should not be in this forum.

You owe your employer plenty of minutes of WORK!!

Yonivore
    Why? Does everyone work 8-5?

Thread Information