Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who does?

Meanwhile one of the Dallas Boring News columnists is putting Teixiera through the wringer for saying he's tired of playing for a team that has no clue about winning. So they're going to get rid of him too and will no doubt do what they always do, which is get nothing in return.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    didnt the Strangers pass up a Blalock for Beckett trade also?
    ehh there's 2 versions of this story...both of which seem very plausible.

One story (mainly supported by those who hate Rangers management) is that the Rangers pulled out of this deal because they thought that Mike Lowell was "done" and a throwaway piece of the deal, and didn't want to give up Blalock, Danks, and Arias for "just Beckett".

The other story (mainly supported by those who are more favorable towards Rangers management) is that Florida had no intention whatsoever of making a deal with Texas, and they just used Texas' interest to drive up the price. The Red Sox were initially unwilling to include Hanley Ramirez in the deal, but once they heard the Rangers were involved in talks, they decided to put him into the package and the deal was done.

I hate Tom Hicks and Rangers management, so I tend to believe the first story more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who does?

Meanwhile one of the Dallas Boring News columnists is putting Teixiera through the wringer for saying he's tired of playing for a team that has no clue about winning. So they're going to get rid of him too and will no doubt do what they always do, which is get nothing in return.
    No, they will get value for him.

As for putting Tex through the ringer... THEY SHOULD!!! He has been coddled by the media for far too long because he is our best player. But him. He is a RANGER for the next year and a half unless he is traded. So he needs to shut the up and play. Who the talks about wanting to go to BALTIMORE instead of Texas. that!

Pitching is in large part responsible for the meltdown of the first two months.. HOWEVER the fact that Tex couldn't get his head out of his ass for even a single most of that time didn't help. How many times did the Rangers lose a game by one or two runs, or did Tex strike out in the 9th with RISP? More than most who suck Tex's are willing to admit. The Rangers still would have sucked, but it would have been nice for our supposed BEST PLAYER to play a full ing season instead of half.

Thread Information