ducks
    Erick Dampier to Pacers, Lakers, Heat or Memphis?

Had the Pacers been able to trade up to secure the Bulls' No. 3 pick they would've happily exchanged Al Harrington and assumed Eddie Robinson's two-year guaranteed burden for the privilege of calling Ben Gordon their very own. Mount Vernon's second coming of Gus Williams figures to be an immediate star; he gets any shot he wants . . . and makes 'em. Not a prototype point, but if put in pick-and-roll situations, a la Mark Price, he's not going to be easy to stop.

Offered No. 7 at the same rate of exchange, the Pacers declined, preferring to trade Harrington for someone of immediate consequence and save cap space for next summer's free-agent crop. Erick Dampier is their top priority; I hear Jermaine O'Neal is recruiting him heavily. Many teams figure to join the chase when the Warriors center opts out of his remaining two-year, $16.9M pact within the next few days despite a four-year extension offer (121/2 percent yearly hikes) from Golden State.

As mentioned previously in this space, the Lakers will be all over Dampier should Shaq be shorn. The Heat also are prepared to make a proposal: Brian Grant and Caron Butler. But the Grizzlies feel they're solidly positioned to obtain Dampier's dominant shot blocking/defensive rebounding services because they have someone (Shane Battier? James Posey?) Chris Mullin loves.

www.nypost.com/sports/23901.htm

Pooh
    Dampier was originally drafted by the Pacers back in '96, so who knows? Maybe he will come back.

pacersrule03
    I've heard a lot of pacer fans say that they don't want him. I don't see why. Maybe because they think an upgrade at SG is a more important priority. But I would love to see Dampier back in a pacers jersey. We'd have one of the best front courts in the NBA.

ducks
    some spur fans do not want him

think he just put up good numbers because it was his contract year

Thread Information