Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All Praise Rick Neuheisel SA Gunslinger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is a rare combination in pro sports - a rapist and a ballhog.

Suck it faker fans.
    I would have to say that these two character traits are interlinked.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My entire point is this....no one will be happy until Kobe wins a championship with a team comprised of special olympians coached by emanual lewis.
    Why would you expect anyone here to be happy if Kobe wins a championship? I'll be happy when he's in prison where he belongs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a shame that the children of San Antonio are not able to witness history in the making on a nightly basis...

I was not around when Wilt Chamberlain was in his prime...But when I watch Kobe, I feel as though someone even greater is playing today....

Fans like this are stupid.

It seems that Kobe's only future goal is to be remembered. He obviously has no shot at winning another championship, so making "history" will have to be his new goal.

Don't get me wrong, it's working... but the sad truth is, the team still blows..

I mean, what team? Kobe still blows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is a rare combination in pro sports - a rapist and a ballhog.

Suck it faker fans.
    Kobe ain't a raper, it turned out that the the girl was a money driven trailer who only accused Kobe for the money. That is why he was proven innocent, he still did a bad thing on cheating his wife though, but I guess everybody should hate Magic Johnson then too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Laker fans are pissed the Spurs tainted them constantly.

I guess I would be too if my team fell off the face of the earth only to see their rivals keep doing what they've been doing. I mean OLD rivals. The other team has to be compe ive for it to still be a rival. Sorry kid.

Duncan would score 45 each night too if he had a no-talent roster. Kobe fans need to shut the up and accept their 2 star franchise.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Laker fans are pissed the Spurs tainted them constantly.

I guess I would be too if my team fell off the face of the earth only to see their rivals keep doing what they've been doing. I mean OLD rivals. The other team has to be compe ive for it to still be a rival. Sorry kid.

Duncan would score 45 each night too if he had a no-talent roster. Kobe fans need to shut the up and accept their 2 star franchise.
    Old rivals? Well we got the best of you during that rivalry. Spurs fans need to stop gloating after the fact that we imploded our team and that is the only reason why the Spurs even have something to say. Stop pretending like you administered the final blow to us and stuck the dagger in our heart. Sloppy seconds champions is what you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno why the big hype and hoopla about Kobe's 4 game 45+ streak. Sure he's a great scorer, but an inefficient one. And it's not like he's actually treading uncharted territory or anything is it? Speaking of 4-game stretches ...

MJ in 1987 had 4 games with 198 points, (dunno abt FG%, but likely > 50%)
    MJ in 1990 had 4 games with 194 points (71-119, shooting 60%)
    These last 4 games Kobe has had 4 games with 188 (63-139 shooting 45%)
    And that too Kobe head a break due to suspension so it's not really 4 in a row with the rest he got.

The comparisons to Jordan are all nice media material, but call me when Kobe goes off for consecutive 50+ games in the playoffs & leads his team to a series victory by averaging 45.2 ppg for the series

Heck, and if we're talking about scoring, why are we even talking about Jordan? Wake me up when Kobe matches up to the Iceman with 4 scoring les (including three in a row), shooting 50% each year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found this quote by Odom and I was very shocked to read he would say it:

After Saturday's game, even Odom said, "It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I swear people on this forum are re ed. Like I said, if this was a spur player there would 30 threads dedicated to his greatness. Yeah, TD scoring 45 per game will never happen regardless of who he has on his team. Remember, IKobe scored 9 games of 40 plus 2 years ago. Denying his talent is sad and the rapist comments are juvenille at best, which doesn't surprise me coming from Spur fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe Bryant is an awesome basketball player. No denying it.

I personally love watching Kobe on the court. There's no denying his talent and the competiveness that drives him.
    Or what about the game where he scored 62 in three quarters on 58% shooting?
    We don't all HATE Kobe. As many of us have mentioned, he's an amazing player. Yet, he still has a lot to prove. This season is his first real test, as he is really the sole leader of the Lakers, has stayed relatively healthy, etc. and see how far he can take his team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1parker1....yes I know, you have always defended and seen Kobe for the basketball player. Is he perfect, of course not. I get frustrated just like everyone else with his sometimes poor shot selection and his ability to faze out his teamates because he's in attack mode. All of these negatives aside, he's still leading his team in the playoffs with a substandard team.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My entire point is this....no one will be happy until Kobe wins a championship with a team comprised of special olympians coached by emanual lewis.
    Who said anything about that? People just want to see him do it without having an alpha dog running mate in Shaq around.

Jordan did it. If Kobe wants to be the "next Jordan", let's see him do it too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1parker1....yes I know, you have always defended and seen Kobe for the basketball player. Is he perfect, of course not. I get frustrated just like everyone else with his sometimes poor shot selection and his ability to faze out his teamates because he's in attack mode. All of these negatives aside, he's still leading his team in the playoffs with a substandard team.

Well, that's what Im ean when I say it's too early to cast stones or even give him credit. Sure, they're in the playoff race right now, but anything can happen. That's why I'm very interested in seeing how they pan out the Lakers rest of the season. I'd like nothing more than for Kobe to beat Shaq though and show him up. My hate for Shaq is greater than my hate for Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said anything about that? People just want to see him do it without having an alpha dog running mate in Shaq around.

That's a little different. You can compare individual players...Kobe and Jordan head on, but you can't compare their teams and championship success. Jordan had an amazing supporting cast, even though he was amazing himself. Pippen, Rodman and Co.>>>>>>>>>>>Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm and Co.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear people on this forum are re ed. Like I said, if this was a spur player there would 30 threads dedicated to his greatness. Yeah, TD scoring 45 per game will never happen regardless of who he has on his team. Remember, IKobe scored 9 games of 40 plus 2 years ago. Denying his talent is sad and the rapist comments are juvenille at best, which doesn't surprise me coming from Spur fans.
    Real smart. Insult a board full of Spurs fans that mostly dislike your team and your player. Go suck a nut .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah I'll suck a nut....clever really.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Actually he'd have to win 3 more to be considered as great as Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually he'd have to win 3 more to be considered as great as Jordan.
    He needs six. Split it any way you want, but Shaq was a big part of the first three. The comparison between Kobe and Wilt is pretty accurate; Wilt probably died not realizing basketball is a team sport. God put Kobe on the earth for his teammates to stand around and watch.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obstructed View....a very fitting name for someone who obviously has limited knowledge of the game.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    How many did MJ win without Pippen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't care how many points kobes scoring. He's good sometimes and other times he isn't, when its going for him its going, when its not he just shoots more so it looks like its going on the stat sheet (And before you call me a stupid spurs fan, know that comments nearly identical to this were viewed at least 5 times on the lakersground forums, by longtime laker fans.)

He can shine all he wants solo, but in the end his team will go no where and we'll once again have no reason to care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obstructed View....a very fitting name for someone who obviously has limited knowledge of the game.
    Your ignorance of the origin of my screen name pales in comparison to your ignorance about basketball.

Are you somehow suggesting that Shaq wasn't (at very least) as big a factor in the three champoinships as Kobe was? Or are you somehow saying that Kobe's incredible ability to score points is more important that his apparent inability to get wins? Are you suggesting that Kobe's teammates aren't standing around watching him score? Are you suggesting that it is somehow good basketball that he's turned into Allen Iverson? Kobe is an elite scorer, and it's entertaining to watch, but so are the Mavericks Dancers. Neither one should be confused with good basketball. Until Kobe starts winning, expect this kind of treatment when you come into a Spurs board with Kobe's in your mouth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Kobe had Shaq, but MJ had a of a team too...it's not like he won them all single-handedly.

Either way, MJ>Kobe, but Shaq wouldn't have won without Kobe.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ...

That's a little different. You can compare individual players...Kobe and Jordan head on, but you can't compare their teams and championship success. Jordan had an amazing supporting cast, even though he was amazing himself. Pippen, Rodman and C
    Jordan won rings with Bill ing Cartwright and WIll Perdue on the front line, flanked by guys like Paxson and STeve Kerr (not exactly all-NBA types ).

How many les did Jordan have Rodman around for? Odom's every bit the player that Pippen was, it's just that Kobe doesn't know how to share the ball with anyone not wearing a #8 jersey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ...

How many les did Jordan have Rodman around for? Odom's every bit the player that Pippen was, it's just that Kobe doesn't know how to share the ball with anyone not wearing a #8 jersey.
    Jesus Christ....

Pippen>>>Odom and other than Odom, Lakers have a crappy team any way you look at it. I'm not saying Kobe>>>>>>MJ in any way, that would be a stupid comment. My point was that no team, even one with MJ, can win a championship with just one great player. Shaq hasn't won any championships without Kobe either, yet everyone seems to always be yanking on Kobe to prove himself. What exactly has Shaq proven? He couldn't carry the Heat in Game 7 last season by himself....

Thread Information