2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the word is Nucular.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerry needs to just go away permanantly. Nobody takes his act seriously anymore.
    Last edited by IceColdBrewski; 01-26-2006 at 11:00 PM.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerry's a ing idiot. This is going to be great though, the Democrats are going to give back any political headway they've made in the last year by filibustering Alito.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
    Animal House

It appears Kerry was listening to Otter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he'll go for Strom's record?

Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC) set a record in 1957 by filibustering the Civil Rights Act of 1957 for 24 hours and 18 minutes, although the bill ultimately passed. Thurmond broke the previous record of 22 hours and 26 minutes set by Wayne Morse (I-OR) in 1953 protesting the Tidelands Oil legislation.

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^while i don't agree with icb's statement, i do think this is a desparate-looking and futile attempt
    What if he changed his name to Ice Cold Madison? Then, would you agree with him?

Talk is cheap and so is Holt! Peter's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys still care about politics? Well, suckers are needed at the fair, I suppose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys still care about politics? Well, suckers are needed at the fair, I suppose.
    Politics decides our fate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old blowhard Kennedy is right in there wanting the same thing as Kerry.
    But Reid put the jinx on both when he said no one was interested in what
    they, Kennedy and Kerry, wanted. Alito has his sixty and more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the word is Nucular.
    Nucular.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old blowhard Kennedy is right in there wanting the same thing as Kerry.
    But Reid put the jinx on both when he said no one was interested in what
    they, Kennedy and Kerry, wanted. Alito has his sixty and more.
    I think Kerry and Kennedy are just saying what their supporters want to hear. Neither are going to initiate a filibuster, but at least they can say they're on record as opposing Alito when elections come around. Just politicians being politicians.
    Last edited by Oh, Gee!!; 01-27-2006 at 10:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kerry and Kennedy are just saying what their supporters want to hear. Neither are going to initiate a filibuster, but at least they can say they're on record as opposing Alito when elections come around. Just politicians being politicians.
    Your right! They have to pay back their lobbyist (not supporters). But
    they can get away with it, cause they is the left leaning kind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean they're not already on record as opposing the nomination?

I think the majority of the electorate in their realms of cons uency will see this as pathetic. But, of course, the rabid left will love the gesture.

Apparently, neither Kennedy nor Kerry received the memo Robert "Sheets" Byrd did. That, or they're counting on Massachussetians (whatever you call'em) to continue to be the stupid idiots that keep putting Ted "Owl Club" Kennedy back in office every 6 years.

Click the image to watch the video
    Regardless of any Senator's particular view of Judge Alito, I think we can all agree that there is room for improvement in the way in which the Senate and indeed the nation have undertaken the examination of this nominee.
    Let me be clear. I mean no criticism of the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee or any particular member of that ccommittee. I feel compelled to address this issue. Not to point fingers. Not to scold. Not to assign blame. But only to address specific, sincere, heartfelt concerns that have been brought to my attention by the people of West Virginia in particular.

The people of West Viriginia in no uncertain terms were, frankly, appalled by the Alito hearings. I don't want to say it, but I must. They were appalled. In the reams of correspondece that I received during the Alito hearings, West Virginians--the people I represent--West Virignians who wrote to criticize the way in which the hearings were conducted used the same two words. People with no connection to one another. People of different faiths. Different views. Different opinions. [They] independently and respectively used the same two words to describe the hearings. They called them called an outrage and a disgrace.

And these were not form letters ginned up by special interest groups on either the right or the left. These were hand-written, contemplative, old-fashioned letters written on lined paper and personal stationary. They were the sort of letters that people write while watching television in the comfort of their living rooms or sitting at the kitchen table. It is especially telling that many who objected to the way in which the Alito hearings were conducted do not support Judge Alito. In fact, it is sorely apparent that many who opposed Judge Alito's nomination also opposed the seemingly made-for-TV antics that accompanied the hearings...
    Yeah, this is a man who knows his looney left base make up a mere fraction of his electorate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean they're not already on record as opposing the nomination?
    That's what Kerry's half-hearted call for a filibuster was--his going on record in opposition.

Yeah, this is a man who knows his looney left base make up a mere fraction of his electorate.
    different state, different electorate. Byrd is listenening to his cons uents, the K brothers are listening to theirs'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what Kerry's half-hearted call for a filibuster was--his going on record in opposition.
    Yeah, okay.
    different state, different electorate. Byrd is listenening to his cons uents, the K brothers are listening to theirs'.
    What does that say about people from Massachussetts? And, what does it say that Kerry and Kennedy are in the extreme minority of their own Party by calling for an unsupported filibuster? The former Party candidate for President and a freakin Kennedy can't get the left behind them?

One might suspect they represent the fringe -- but, of course, that'd undermine everything Cindy Sheehan has worked so hard to achieve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that say about people from Massachussetts? And, what does it say that Kerry and Kennedy are in the extreme minority of their own Party by calling for an unsupported filibuster? The former Party candidate for President and a freakin Kennedy can't get the left behind them?
    Depends on how you interpret their actions. Maybe it says that Kerry and Kennedy stick to their guns and other dems cut-and-run. Maybe it says they're "out of touch with the common man." Not that you give a about the common man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on how you interpret their actions. Maybe it says that Kerry and Kennedy stick to their guns and other dems cut-and-run. Maybe it says they're "out of touch with the common man." Not that you give a about the common man.
    Mr. Flip-Flop sticks to his guns?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr. Flip-Flop sticks to his guns?
    same can be said about your president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same can be said about your president.
    I don't recall the President asking for a filibuster against Alito.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall the President asking for a filibuster against Alito.

bin laden, wiretaps to name a couple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bin laden, wiretaps to name a couple
    I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the filibuster threat...hence, the le of the thread.

I hear Ritalin will help with your apparent inability to remain focused on the topic at hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the filibuster threat...hence, the le of the thread.

I hear Ritalin will help with your apparent inability to remain focused on the topic at hand.
    we were. then you attacked Kerry for being a flip-flopper. I said that W can also be considered a flip-flopper and provided two examples.

Then you made a lame attempt at a personal insult. Figures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we were. then you attacked Kerry for being a flip-flopper.
    Because you made the ludicrous assertion that he was sticking to his guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you made the ludicrous assertion that he was sticking to his guns.

I said that one may perceive it that way. Convenient how you left out the fact that I also said one could percieve it as Kerry being out of touch, a perception touted by your right-wing talk radio hosts.

Thread Information