A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn!!!!

i guess this all shows how much we all love barry here in the forum huh? hehe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could have been ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn!!!!

i guess this all shows how much we all love barry huh?

I'm a HUGE Barry fan, but this guy is better.

Suppose there never was an Aaron? aaronstampler's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm kind of hoping Barry becomes another Horry and sucks for five months and then comes alive for the playoffs. I've just about given up on him, but still, JR Smith? Come on. All he can do is dunk.

Brent could miss a hundred shots in a row (and he might in fact have), but I think I'd still trust him more to shoot a three in the playoffs than Fin. Barry has a track record of success to fall back on. Fin is notorious for getting worse in the playoffs. Then again, Brent has nowhere to go but up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could have been ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now how the would barry be able to perform now.

so far he still hasnt been the great spot up shooter that weve expected. except n a few games.

i just hope this inspires brent to work harder and actually shoot the damn ball if hes open.

of course, not bricking it is another thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now how the would barry be able to perform now.

Smoething like this turned Robert Horry into who he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm kind of hoping Barry becomes another Horry and sucks for five months and then comes alive for the playoffs. I've just about given up on him, but still, JR Smith? Come on. All he can do is dunk.

Brent could miss a hundred shots in a row (and he might in fact have), but I think I'd still trust him more to shoot a three in the playoffs than Fin. Barry has a track record of success to fall back on. Fin is notorious for getting worse in the playoffs. Then again, Brent has nowhere to go but up...
    Smith just a dunker? He's a better three-point shooter than Barry is.

Talk is cheap and so is Holt! Peter's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why did the Hornets look to move Smith for Barry or like value?

http://hornetsreport.com/HRForums/sh...ad.php?t=31850

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/inde...6517539890.xml

"I stop talking to people that don't listen," Scott said. "I'm not going to waste my breath. I've sat down with J.R. on numerous occasions and told him what he needed to do, so have Coach (Darrell) Walker and Coach (Kenny) Gattison and Coach (Jim) Cleamons. And like I said before, if you chose to do it, then we'll work.
    "If he chose not to, there is nothing I can do about that. I tell all our players what they need to do to improve. I have an open-door policy. There hasn't been one time that J.R. has come into my office and talked to me. Like I said, he's lying."
    "I wasn't surprised at all, because his ego is too big in order to put something petty aside and try to win the game," Smith said. "At this point, something has to be done; I'm not going to prosper from this situation. When you can't communicate with the head guy, something is wrong. I come in early, stay in late, and if that don't work, I don't know what will. So there is nothing for me to do. I've approached him (Scott) numerous times, tried to call, set up meetings -- no communication. Every team I've been on, I've always been friends with the head coach."
    Replace "J.R." with "Jack" and you have an oldie but a goodie.

Germany's #1 Spurs Fan Streakyshooter08's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How come this whould have worked contract wise? Isn't J.R. a 2nd year player? Doesn't he get a lot less than 4 mio/year? Just curious... but it would have been a great trade anyways...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, so we could've gotten some serious talent and cut salary at the same time? That would've been a perfect Spur trade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How come this whould have worked contract wise? Isn't J.R. a 2nd year player? Doesn't he get a lot less than 4 mio/year? Just curious... but it would have been a great trade anyways...
    That's why more than two teams were involved...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I like Barry, I think the Spurs needed to do this cause of salary cap constraints next season. Its not about signing Nazr to an extension but as much as I would have welcomed JR Smith, I think using Barry as trade bait Spurs should think about getting a young center in return.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm glad the rich didn't get richer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, now the Spurs can stop using Barry sparingly and give him a chance...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually the Spurs could have traded Brent DIRECTLY for JR Smith because the Hornets have the cap room to absorb the extra salary. That is what I find intriguing- another team did not have to be involved- so what is the rest of the story. There has to be more to this than just Brent and JR because the Spurs and Hornets could have done that even if some other team pulled out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously. im worried about brent.

i just wish he'll use this to catapult his performance at least come playoff time.

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another season, another CIA Pop. Pop insisted that no trade was going to be made.

yes, I've learned to treat everythign he says as an out & out lie.

back to topic. Man, I like barry.. but that would've been one of the greatest trades of all time.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Smith just a dunker? He's a better three-point shooter than Barry is.
    Okay, I haven't seen much of Barry this year but if he could still shoot then he's still better than Smith. JR couldn't hit an open jumpshot (unless he's on a rhythm) to save his life. He's so bad I think Stack could beat him on a shoot-out.

Don't get me wrong: I'd still take him because it's essentially an aging (and alleged) underperforming fossil for a young, athletic swingman - just not because on the pretense that he's a better shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JR Smith is a dime-a-dozen dumbass that Gregg Popovich would eat alive. He also can't do anything but dunk, which I guess is one thing more than Barry can do but whatever.

Who cares?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JR Smith is a dime-a-dozen dumbass that Gregg Popovich would eat alive. He also can't do anything but dunk, which I guess is one thing more than Barry can do but whatever.

Who cares?
    It doesn't matter how good JR Smith is. It would have gotten rid of Barry's burdening contract (which still has two years left after this one). And left the Spurs with a cheap, raw player who is only 20 years old, extremely athletic, and a decent shooter.

Germany's #1 Spurs Fan Streakyshooter08's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys think this will affect Brent in the way he plays? I bet he is pretty pissed right now. Either he comes up strong or he will play even worse...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some news (you need to register to read the article)

Scott declined to give specifics of the deal that fell apart. He did say that the Hornets had entered discussions on another trade about 30 minutes before the deadline and with five minutes left, both teams were in agreement.
    “We got it (to the league) five minutes after the clock and they said, ‘No deal.’” Scott said. “So it was squashed, and everybody in the room was a little disappointed. We were that close to really feeling pretty good about the whole thing.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott declined to give specifics of the deal that fell apart. He did say that the Hornets had entered discussions on another trade about 30 minutes before the deadline and with five minutes left, both teams were in agreement.
    “We got it (to the league) five minutes after the clock and they said, ‘No deal.’” Scott said. “So it was squashed, and everybody in the room was a little disappointed. We were that close to really feeling pretty good about the whole thing.”

Thread Information