Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Global Eye
    Party Hacks
    By Chris Floyd
    Published: March 3, 2006

Two weeks ago, an obscure, unelected, Republican-appointed official in California decided the future of the world. That future -- at least for the next several years -- will be an accelerating nightmare of war, corruption, repression, atrocity and terror. That's because the loyal apparatchik has, with the stroke of a pen, guaranteed the perpetuation of the Bush faction in power in 2008 and beyond.

One of the few certainties in modern U.S. politics is that no Democrat can win the presidency without carrying California. Thanks to the Electoral College system set up by the Founding Oligarchs to keep the low-born rabble from voting directly for president, the big haul of California's electoral votes is crucial for Democrats to offset the mul ude of small, sparsely populated states that reliably vote Republican. Bagging California doesn't guarantee Democratic victory, but without it, the cliffhanger electoral counts in the goosed elections of 2000 and 2004 wouldn't even have been close.

Thus, the sudden, hugger-mugger decision by California Secretary of State Bruce McPherson to override the objections of his own experts and certify the eminently hackable voting machines of the politically partisan firm, Diebold, for use throughout the state means, quite simply, that the fix is in for 2008. It doesn't matter who the Democrats run -- Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards, George Clooney or Jesus H. Christ in an Uncle Sam suit. It won't make a bit of difference. California is lost, the presidency is lost and the Bushists are in -- already. It's over.

After Diebold's machines failed miserably in a battery of tests last year, McPherson vowed to put their certification on hold until his own hand-picked panel of experts had fine-combed the system to a fare-thee-well, blogger Brad Friedman reports. The panel delivered their conclusions last month -- and the results were staggering, far beyond the worst fears of the most hard-core "conspiracy theorist." The panel found that Diebold's machines were riddled with curious built-in glitches that effectively "ceded complete control of the system" to hackers who could "change vote totals, modify reports, change the names of candidates and change the races being voted on."

What's more, "hackers wouldn't need to know passwords or cryptographic keys, or have access to any other part of the system to do their dirty work," the Los Angeles Times notes. "Voters, candidates and election monitors wouldn't necessarily know they'd been rooked." A more perfect vehicle for fixing an election can hardly be imagined. And it would require nothing more than a handful of high-tech zealots, not a vast conspiracy.

Naturally, after such a blistering condemnation, McPherson did what any official charged with guaranteeing the integrity and credibility of his state's elections would do: He approved the slipshod system by the dark of the moon, on a Friday before a holiday weekend, without any public hearings -- indeed, without waiting for the results of a pending federal review of Diebold's mole-infested code. Now, the Diebold contraptions, whose chronic "breakdowns" have featured in numerous contested elections and last-second "miracle" victories by Republican candidates across the country in recent years, will control California's pot of electoral gold.

A good example of how this control works can be found in Alaska. There, the state Democratic Party has long been seeking an audit of some of the 2004 Diebold-counted returns, which produced a series of strange anomalies -- including awarding President George W. Bush an extra 100,000 votes that turned out to be phantoms. First, state officials blocked the request because that information, the vote count of a public election, was a "company secret" that belonged exclusively to Diebold, Friedman reports. Then they decided that the returns could be examined -- but only on the condition that Diebold and the Republican officials be allowed to "manipulate the data" before it was released. In the end, even this tainted transparency was too much for the Bushist ballot crunchers; late last month, Alaska officials suddenly declared that examining the returns would pose a dire but unspecified "security risk" to the state.

America's votes are increasingly controlled by a small number of interrelated corporations: Diebold, ES&S and Sequoia, all of which have close political and financial ties to the Bush faction -- and to other dark forces as well. Diebold and ES&S were both bankrolled by tycoon Howard Ahmanson, who was also a major funder of the Christian "Reconstructionist" movement, which openly advocates a totalitarian theocracy in America, including the death penalty for sexuals, slavery for debtors, stoning for sinners and stripping nonbelievers of citizenship. As journalist Max Blumenthal reports, these extremists have been welcomed as a key part of the Bushist base of politicized evangelicals, whose cadres have been quietly filling government posts for the past five years. Meanwhile, Sequoia -- whose machines racked up 100,000 "mistakes" in just one Florida county in 2004, according to a recent audit -- is owned by a business partner of the Carlyle Group, the investment firm whose insider deals and war profiteering have earned millions for the Bush family.

Thus, the 2008 election will be conducted largely on wide-open machines programmed by avowed partisans and paymasters of a ruthless gang that has already committed demonstrable vote fraud on a massive scale in engineering narrow "victories" in 2000 and 2004. So it doesn't matter who runs, who votes or how unpopular the Bush faction becomes through the murderous ruin of its radical agenda. The "consent of the governed" will be drowned in the blood money that has bought the nation's electoral process.
    The Moscow Times

Now you know the real reason why Dubya doesn't listen to polls. Why should he have too? He who controls the vote count, controls the vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serrusly dah

Hack the Planet...they need to hire Zero Cool, Acid Burn, Phantom Freak, Lord Nikon, et. al

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GAO recently released a 107 page scathing report on Electronic Voting Machines in our country. The report states that Electronic Voting Machines in the U.S. are NOT SECURE, NOT ACCOUNTABLE, NOT TRANSPARENT, NOT ACCURATE, AND ARE UNCERTIFIABLE. A bipartisan panel which included both Republican Congressman James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) and Democratic Congressman John Conyers (D-MI) released a joint news release (a true rarity in these days of divisive politics) regarding his report, yet the main stream media has ignored it's important findings.

Here is a link to the GAO Report: Government Accounting Office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suggest we go back to butterfly ballots...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This hacking thing is so awesome. Is there a way they can do it so that the Democratic candidate has the lead for most of Election Night, only to have the Republican rally back in the late precincts to eke out a narrow win? That way, the liberals suffer the most emotional distress, getting their hopes up and thinking they have a chance to win.

I would name the software "Lucy."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hand-counted paper ballots are the only way to save the integrity of our election system.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Hand-counted paper ballots are the only way to save the integrity of our election system.
    I think the voting should be done on a chalkboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little early for the "IT'S NOT FAIR!" whining, dont'cha think?

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serrusly dah

Hack the Planet...they need to hire Zero Cool, Acid Burn, Phantom Freak, Lord Nikon, et. al
    Nah, they just need that guy "Rat" from the movie, "The Core."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep telling Dan, get those dimm-o-craps to pass a law to stop Republicans
    and Conservatives from voting. They always mess up an election for the
    dimm-o-craps. They just keep going to the polls.

One thing Dan, how did those voting machines work, where was their paper
    trail. Paper ballots now that is a good idea. Just think, people can tell what
    someone had in mind to vote even if they don't know how to vote, bring on
    those hanging chads and indentations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I can get a printout of my transactions at the local ATM then why can't I get a copy of my ballot after I vote? and while were at it, why don't we carbon copy my ballot and put them in a locked ballot box so we can verify the vote being transmitted into the central tabulators by the voting e-machines add up to the paper ballots in the ballot box? Is that too much to ask for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I can get a printout of my transactions at the local ATM then why can't I get a copy of my ballot after I vote? and while were at it, why don't we carbon copy my ballot and put them in a locked ballot box so we can verify the vote being transmitted into the central tabulators by the voting e-machines add up to the paper ballots in the ballot box? Is that too much to ask for?

I still cant recall, when I voted on voting machines, getting a paper anything
    or for that matter a paper printout of how I voted. Did you get one?
    They were used for years.

And who is to say that a dumb printer wont mess up, hang up, jam up or
    run out of ink or anyother number of things happen.

Come on dan, quit thinking someone is going to steal your vote. The
    have poll watchers at everyone poll place from bother parties and
    election judges. There is no fool proof method, you getting a copy isn't
    going to solve anything. What they going to do call everyone back in
    and look at their copy of their vote. And what would prevent them
    from changing it on their own printer.......

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This needs bumpage for deflection purposes.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This needs bumpage for deflection purposes.
    Deflecting from what?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The proof of all this was in the pudding. Virtually no swing states were even in close in 2008 and 2012 as Bushbama won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deflecting from what?
    Its 2020

November is coming and your media is getting desperate.

Im helping you out here buddy boy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its 2020

November is coming and your media is getting desperate.

Im helping you out here buddy boy.
    You can't feel good about your zombie puppet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't feel good about your zombie puppet.
    Anyone Else 2020

But you do feel good about your lying, narcissistic, incompetent leader.
    Who has helped you and your personal feeling of hate and division through childish retribution in The United States.
    Thank you patriot.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone Else 2020

But you do feel good about your lying, narcissistic, incompetent leader.
    Who has helped you and your personal feeling of hate and division through childish retribution in The United States.
    Thank you patriot.
    America has its chance at real greatness in 2012. Our rigged system didn't allow it. Cucks like you don't even know what I'm talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America has its chance at real greatness in 2012. Our rigged system didn't allow it. Cucks like you don't even know what I'm talking about.
    America had a real chance for greatness in 2016, but you went and voted orange so incels like you can't see it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America had a real chance for greatness in 2016, but you went and voted orange so incels like you can't see it.
    You think putting a ing psychopath like Hillary into office was the answer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you talking about Rn Pul?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This hacking thing is so awesome. Is there a way they can do it so that the Democratic candidate has the lead for most of Election Night, only to have the Republican rally back in the late precincts to eke out a narrow win? That way, the liberals suffer the most emotional distress, getting their hopes up and thinking they have a chance to win.

I would name the software "Lucy."
    done

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Moscow Times

Now you know the real reason why Dubya doesn't listen to polls. Why should he have too? He who controls the vote count, controls the vote.
    Russian interference, amirite?

Thread Information