Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    adidas11
    Great win for our Team USA. It has to be tough to try and get up for a 3rd place game, after losing to Argentina. Very professional performance on their end to come out and get a big win.

Das Texan
    better than nothing.

good job to the guys out there.

regroup for 2008 and reclaim gold.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    do we have no clue what perimeter defense is?
    After watching NBA ball for the last several years, do you even have to ask that question.

If you play defense you end up too tired to go all out on your Sportscenter highlights.

BTW, go figure - we give Marion and James extensive run today, keep Jefferson on the pine, and we have a good result.

We need to bring Javtokas over, kid can play D (and he already shoots FTs like a Spur).

smeagol
    Props to Team USA. They played with a big heart against LIT to win the Bronze. Nobody should diss this guys. They spent their summer training and playing for their country.

I hope T-Mac, Kidd, KG and Shaq are the ones who are ostracized for not showing up to represent their country, bunch of f-ing pussies.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    I can cut Kidd a little slack because he's rehabbing a knee injury.

The other three deserve all the p-bombs who come their way.

Shelly
    Congrats to Team USA!

tlongII
    Team USA made me proud today. I think these guys have been unfairly criticized since the start of the Games, but they didn't mail it in and played well today. We will bring the gold back to where it belongs in Beijing.

Shelly
    Exactly tlong. And I hope those stupid reporters that have had their heads up their asses criticizing the team left and right can pull their heads out long enough to congratulate them.

spurster
    For the love of God, how hard is it to guard the damn three point line?
    This has been quite a day. I agree with the Aggie again!

This US team has been atrocious on defense.

Das Texan
    Teams go off on us from outside.

Collins being the genius he is, talks about how great other teams 3 point shooting is.

**** if they are wide open you would hope any decent shooter would be nailing them.

Argentina played good perimeter defense and at least generally kept a hand in the defender's faces. And we see the end result.

Basketball 101.

Thread Information