Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saying Aikman is a top 3 quarterback just ruins all of your credibility off the bat. Aikman was a good quarterback in a GREAT system. If Elway had half the offense early in his career that Aikman had his ENTIRE career he would have won more championships than any other quarterback ever. Elway was the most talented quarterback to ever play the game. Elway took 3 teams to the superbowl that Aikman probably could have gotten to 8-8.
    Yeah, you're right and totally unbiased...Elway had no other talent around him

Three Amigos, Karl Mecklenburg, Rod Smith, Terrell Davis, sure I'm missing more stars...

You don't think the Broncos had a great system...Shanahan is one of the best football minds out there...

Could've, would've, but didn't...
    Last edited by DallasFan; 06-28-2006 at 12:54 PM.

i've seen into the kids eyes during the game

he looks like he's going to cry

maybe when his frontal cortex develops he'll nut up
    it's not his fault he's from ohio

aikman was a GREAT qb in a GREAT system

top 3, not so fast my friend, however
    Ohio???

My favorite QB of all-time is Marino...yes Montana and Aikman are on MY list...Steve Young is one of my favorites also...opinions are like assholes...we all got 'em.

If you guys are going to play the "GREAT SYSTEM" theory, then you have to include the 49ers (80s and 90s) with Montana and Young...they had Rice, Taylor, Craig, bad ass OL, etc...and probably the best offensive system ever, and best offensive mind in Bill Walsh. However, we know how stupid it would be to say that Montana isn't in the top 3, if not the best...how many rings did those guys ac ulate?
    Last edited by DallasFan; 06-28-2006 at 01:09 PM.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count

Three Amigos, Karl Mecklenburg, Rod Smith, Terrell Davis, sure I'm missing more stars...

You don't think the Broncos had a great system...Shanahan is one of the best football minds out there...

Yeah, i know that Shanahan is one of the great football minds, and Elway won two superbowls with him.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    Brady Quinn is from Ohio. Dublin I think. Home of Wendy's.
    He shafted the Bucks for the Domers & he was Persona Non Grata in Ohio.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count

No doubt.
    Elway the best/greatest? Yeah, Only if I love the Rockies. And I don't.

since when did Rod Smith and Terrell Davis play on the 80's broncos? Shanahan wasn't the coach at the time either. The broncos team that won the superbowl was completely different then the ones that lost to the 49ers, skins and giants.

The teams that won had alot of talent on both sides of the ball and should've won 3 superbowls had they not choked against j-ville at home the year green bay won. Now the teams from the late 80's had a bad defense and for the most part a bad offense, for example even with all the success denver RBs have had lately Elway is still in the top 5 for rushing yards in broncos history.

Elway never had a running game until TD came along he basicly had to do it all himself. Forget stats and rings the most impressive thing about elway was his heart, the only other QB that comes close is Favre, they both have that drive that refuses to lose. I'd take Elway or Favre over Aikman any day.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    I like this slinkyman fella. Too bad he brought up that damn Jacksonville game. The Tory James pick wasn't a pass interference.

since when did Rod Smith and Terrell Davis play on the 80's broncos? Shanahan wasn't the coach at the time either. The broncos team that won the superbowl was completely different then the ones that lost to the 49ers, skins and giants.

The teams that won had alot of talent on both sides of the ball and should've won 3 superbowls had they not choked against j-ville at home the year green bay won. Now the teams from the late 80's had a bad defense and for the most part a bad offense, for example even with all the success denver RBs have had lately Elway is still in the top 5 for rushing yards in broncos history.

Elway never had a running game until TD came along he basicly had to do it all himself. Forget stats and rings the most impressive thing about elway was his heart, the only other QB that comes close is Favre, they both have that drive that refuses to lose. I'd take Elway or Favre over Aikman any day.
    Elway played on those Super Bowl teams in the 80's with those players, didn''t he...??? Look, no-one questions Elway's heart...certainly not me. He probably has more comeback wins than anyone, except maybe Montana?

Saying Aikman was only great due to the system he was in is totally absurd...what would the Cowboys have done with Steve Walsh at the helm? All great teams have had great systems (whether offensive, defensive, or both), or they probably would not have been great.

Aikman is one of, if not the most accurate passers ever, and had a tremendous "cool under pressure" about him. That "GREAT SYSTEM" he played in also kept him from having numbers like Montana, Elway, and Marino, as the Dallas offense was so balanced.

By the way, Sammy Winder was not too bad in the 80s either...not saying he was a star, but he pulled his own, kinda like Ottis Anderson or someone of that caliber, and they did have a solid running game. Didn't they have A er too? The Broncos had great teams, hence great systems in the 80s and 90s. The system was just more complete in the 90s.
    Last edited by DallasFan; 06-29-2006 at 08:49 AM.

Top 3 QB's

1) Montana
    2) Elway (My favorite but I still Acknowledge Joe.)
    3) Roger Staubach

Post Count
    bump

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I still haven't heard when he's coming.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I'm beginning to think I was lied to in order to get me all in a tizzy.

Thread Information