My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday night on the tonight show with Jay Leno, MM offered to air F/911 on Sinclaire stations for free to see how truely unbiased they really are.

Also Friday, Moore offered to let Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. air the movie for free. Such a deal would likely get a chilly reception at Sinclair, a broadcaster with a reputation for conservative politics that plans to air a critical do entary about John Kerry's anti-Vietnam War activities on dozens of TV stations two weeks before the election.
    guardian

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday night on the tonight show with Jay Leno, MM offered to air F/911 on Sinclaire stations for free to see how truely unbiased they really are.

guardian
    Some challenge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, it's barely out on video, and MM stands to lose TONS of money if they take him up on it. He's safe though, because they AREN't unbiased, and they'd NEVER show it.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    showing that partisan piece of crap is just as biased.....

and i don't care about kerry's vietnam records.....the only people watching that will be people that support bush.....the way the only people wasting time and money on that farenheit crap are already kerry supporters.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish they WOULD show F911 for free...because that is the ONLY way I will ever watch it...I absolutely refuse to spend one penny on anything produced by Michael Moore...

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they should do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moore has been having litigation problems with INDEMAND to air his preelection special which includes a showing of F/911...

Michael Moore is considering taking legal action against a US cable pay-per-view TV company for dumping his pre-election special, which included the airing of his controversial do entary Fahrenheit 9/11.

The cable company, iN DEMAND, said it based its decision to drop the program on "legitimate business and legal concerns."

The US$9.95, 3 hour pay-per-view special was to include interviews with celebrities with strong political opinions, as well as Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11."

The special was to air on the eve of the US presidential election.

Moore told the press he signed a contract with iN DEMAND early last month and is considering legal action.

<snip>
    Hallifax

Moore stands to make a killing off the pay per view special, but not if he shows the movie on Sinclair stations for free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moore has been having litigation problems with INDEMAND to air his preelection special which includes a showing of F/911...

Hallifax

Moore stands to make a killing off the pay per view special, but not if he shows the movie on Sinclair stations for free.
    Yes - Moore stands to make a killing, except for the fact that his special was pulled.

My guess is that most people who want to see it have seen it. People would watch it on free TV, just beacuse of its controversy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I know people who would love to see it, but for one reason or another haven't. INDEMAND has no legal right to dump Moore's special, the ruling by the FCC in the Sinclaire case set the precident. Moore stands to make a killing either way.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen PPV stations pull the plug on sporting events, etc. when there wasn't enough interest.

Why should there be a different standard for Michael Moore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says there's not enough interest? Ultimately it was Moore taking the financial risk.

Meanwhile, Sinclair broadcasting is threatening to come down hard on anyone who accidentially passes on a hoax e-mail circulating the web...

Press Release
    Source: Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.

Sinclair Warns of Email Spoof
    Friday October 15, 11:03 am ET

BALTIMORE, Oct. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI - News) is notifying the public of an email spoof that attempts to make the recipient believe that they are receiving an email from Sinclair's CEO David Smith. The email is en led, "Update on Kerry POW Film and FEC Ruling." Recipients should ignore and delete any such correspondence. Sinclair would also urge that any purported communication coming from a Sinclair executive or employee be confirmed as authentic.

Sinclair is in the process of tracking the sender of the email spoof and will determine whether to proceed with civil charges. Anyone found to be creating, forwarding, or posting such false emails may also face civil action.

Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies, owns and operates, programs, or provides sales services to 62 television stations in 39 markets. Sinclair's television group includes FOX, WB, ABC, CBS, NBC and UPN affiliates and reaches approximately 24% of all U.S. television households.

Source: Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.

Nazi tendencies die hard.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, impersonating or falsely representing yourself as a CEO is no biggie. How'd you like it if I spoofed your email and sent all your democratic undergound and salon buddies some emails talking about how you were going to vote for Bush?

Nazis? Dude you need help. Seriously.

Thread Information