Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps the Bambino is simply waiting for the most opportune time to reinstate the Curse.

Can you imagine the panic if the Cardinals win the next two games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got to thinking that the Red Sox history would suggest that something crazy is about to happen. I'm pulling for the Red Sox (though I fear living in a world where the Red Sox have won), but I can see the Cardinals making this really tight and causing some real anxiety in New England.

Lowe is far from a sure thing tonight. If he throws the way he did last week at Yankee Stadium, the Sox will be parading through the streets of Beantown. But, if Lowe throws like he did most of this year (I should know I had him on my fantasy team) the Cardinals will rip him up. That could mean that the Sox have to go into their middle relief for the first time in this series (first time beyond Arroyo, that is), which could be a problem. If the Cardinals get over tonight, they have to feel pretty good about facing Wakefield in Game 5, since they got to Wakefield in Game 1. If they get it to 3-2 heading back to Boston, who knows what will happen? Can Schilling gut it up one last time -- he made it sound like he's skeptical about whether he can. If Schilling can't go, does Francona move Martinez up and risk Petey on short rest or does he bring in Arroyo for a spot start? If he moves Martinez up, who gets the ball if they have to go to Game 7?

I don't think any of that will happen, but I can certainly imagine a scenario where fans in Boston start feeling the curse coming down on them. I don't think the curse is dead yet, but it's on life support at this point.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Aroyo should start game 5 instead of Wakefield.

Thread Information