Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jupiterhal
    I don't live in SA. Apparantly was reported in local radio newscast. He was grabbing the left knee and limped off the court in the middle of the practice.He was also worked on by doctors. Can somebody shed more light on this ?

timvp
    Fvck the Olympics.

KoriEllis
    Where do you live?

I haven't heard this, but I haven't been watching TV today.

Anyone else?

ducks
    this is one reason why nba pro players should not go

jupiterhal
    There was a video of him shown limping off court on a local TV broadcast. Got that info from another messageboard.

Emeyin
    well this sucks.. i hate to say this but this is the reason i don't like any of the nba players especially spurs players to be representing their countries or whatever.... i think i pretty much agree with mark cuban in this point..

tim duncan, tony parker (in the future when he plays for France) and manu ginobili will all be jacked up when the season starts... all that wear and tear playing all year round will shorten their player's careers pretty fast..

the spurs might as well hand over the nba finals trophy now..

KoriEllis
    the spurs might as well hand over the nba finals trophy now..
    I think you are jumping the gun a little bit... or a lot.

Until I hear a medical diagnosis, I'm not worried about Duncan. He limps off the court and holds his knee, ankles, head, etc. all the time. He checks for blood 100 times if he gets hit. He's not exactly a psychological iron man in regards to getting banged around.

I'm not saying that there's nothing wrong with him, but I'd like to wait and see before writing off Team USA ... and of course before writing off the Spurs season.

Walton Buys Off Me
    He's not exactly a psychological iron man in regards to getting banged around.
    Thank you.

Tim Duncan is not a soft compe or by any means but he is a massive when it comes to getting banged up. I don't think I've ever seen a guy lie on a basketball court for ten minutes after being poked in the eye.

Anyways, he's a basketball player, they're all wimps.

KoriEllis
    I don't think I've ever seen a guy lie on a basketball court for ten minutes after being poked in the eye.
    Apparently, you didn't see the US-Turkey game. I had never seen a group of players acting like the Turkish players did.

timvp
    Very true, Princess.

After watching that Turkey game, Hedo all of a sudden made sense. Actually, it seems like Hedo is Turkey's version of Superman.

Walton Buys Off Me
    Didn't see the game, but I'll take your word for it.

Ms. Duncan gonna be ok?

Pooh
    Fvck the Olympics
    All they have to say is "no" and they can stay home.

Sii to Me
    if this were a big deal then why has it not been reported anywhere else? no mention of this on any of the national Olympic coverage. Iversons fracture was all over the Sports updates the other day. I bet this is nothing. David Chancellor always overdramatizes stuff

Sii to Me
    I just scrolled through every AP story regarding the olympics posted today on Yahoo sports wire and no mention whatsoever about Some Duncan injury

adonis50
    I didn't here anything about it on the Greek tv channel that covers the Olympic events. Since the Greeks have chances to end up as high as second in the group, the slightest Duncan injury would have traveled around the world by now.

Solid D
    I saw the news on KSAT tonight at 5:50 PM. They said that Tim's back and knee were bothering him but the Dr. looked at him and he checked out okay. After a while he was doing okay. They said that Tim has been playing a lot of minutes lately. He left a little early to rest today. They also said that it was nothing seriious.

Wolves009
    then boys and gals - start singing Sinatra's "My Way" ---

And now , the end is near.....

adidas11
    Quote: "well this sucks.. i hate to say this but this is the reason i don't like any of the nba players especially spurs players to be representing their countries or whatever.... i think i pretty much agree with mark cuban in this point.."

This is precisely why our Team USA program sucks. We value our domestic compe ion more than we do internationsl compe ion. Absolutely pathetic. Why would our best players go, when even the fans could care less about international compe ion.

And yes, we should definitely send our pros. Other countries send their pros, and it's good for the sport overall.

jupiterhal
    They also said that it was nothing seriious.

T Park Num 9
    They said that Tim's back and knee were bothering him
    If you had to carry two bands of stiffs from the Spurs to the Olympics, your back would hurt too.

Duncan should shut it down.

Prepare for what your getting your millions for.

Tommy Duncan
    I hope TD doesn't play another minute.

ducks
    We value our domestic compe ion more than we do internationsl compe ion.

who cares about internetational competion
    it is suppose to be for amature's not pro players

and yes addiass I know you have said they have pro's in scorrer
    they can send them home to where they belong

Pooh
    you're there to play not sit

ducks
    other players on the usa have SAT many minutes
    duncan has played the most IMO
    time for other players to play

Aggie Hoopsfan
    If only Duncan were like 22 or 23, then we wouldn't have to worry about Larry Brown playing him.

Thread Information