Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    If Swick wins, he gets a le shot with the winner of Silva - Franklin. (according to Chris Leben in an interview on UFC.com)

If he loses I bet we do see Swick vs Leben...

Here are a few notes before the Ultimate Fight Night tomorrow...

Ultimate Fight Night Pre-fight videos...
    http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.video

Diego Sanchez interview...
    http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=3064

A couple notable quotes...

“I definitely think he is my toughest opponent,” said Sanchez. “I’ve always known that styles make fights, and ever since I got off the Ultimate Fighter show, I wanted to fight Karo Parisyan. I’ve always known my wrestling was better than his, and he ain’t gonna take me down with that judo crap, and I can outstrike him. I’ve been waiting a long time to get a knockout on my record, but I’ve been playing it smart. I’m not just gonna go in and stand in there with someone if I’m better than them on the ground.”

“I’m still hungry,” he said. “I want to be the guy that takes Matt Hughes out. I want to be the guy that finishes him, and sends him home with a retirement bag. They think that’s rude and a bad thing to say, but that’s what I want to do. I want to be the guy that ends the reign and starts it over. If someone does that to me someday, then that’s my destiny, but I’m gonna be the guy that comes in and takes over this welterweight division and gets out of my contract undefeated – the Golden Boy of MMA. My dream is to take our sport to a level that’s never been reached. I want it to be as big as soccer worldwide, with stadiums full of people going crazy like they do for soccer.”

I'm not a huge Diego fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing him win so he'd be a step closer to getting smashed by Hughes...

--------------

UFN Odds

Jake O'Brien -300
    Kristof Midoux +270

Forrest Petz -177
    Sam Morgan +167

Pat Healy -153
    Anthony Torres +143

Chris Leben -343
    Jorge Santiago +313

Dean Lister -700
    Yuki Sasaki +630

Joe Riggs -430
    Jason von Flue +390

Martin Kampmann -206
    Crafton Wallace +186

Karo Parisyan -130
    Diego Sanchez +120

Josh Koscheck -351
    Jonathan Goulet +321

My picks...
    Underdogs: Goulet, Diego, Morgan
    Locks: Riggs, O'Brien, Leben, Lister

But I suck at gambling...

Diego kicked Parisyan's ass. I think he can take out Hughes too.

I am also one who cannot stand Ortiz. I give the guy credit, he is a badass in the octagon. But that does not give him the right to be a y bas . I think he should not only respect his elders, but respect the other fighters who are trying to make a name for themselves. He is a poor sportsman and I long for the day to see him get his ass handed to him again.
    His day will come. Age will catch up to him the same way it did to Shamrock. When he does "get his ass handed to him", I hope it's some young punk that talks to him and treats him like a nobody. Give him the same treatment he gave Shamrock. Then he'll finally realize what an ass he is.

Post Count
    That was a nice fight last night. Diego was baaaaddd. Karo had a few nice take downs, but Diego was waay too good on the ground for him. Rock his ass a couple of times when they were on their feet also. Very entertaining fight.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    His day will come. Age will catch up to him the same way it did to Shamrock. When he does "get his ass handed to him", I hope it's some young punk that talks to him and treats him like a nobody. Give him the same treatment he gave Shamrock. Then he'll finally realize what an ass he is.

It could be Babalu or even an Ortiz/Silva rematch???

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ortiz is a wad. I was ing waiting on the fight when it came on and it ended in less the two minutes...needless to say, all of us watching it were in awe. Seriously man, that shouldn't have been called so soon.
    Yea, it was at least 1 or 2 unanswered elbows to the head too soon...

Diego kicked Parisyan's ass. I think he can take out Hughes too.
    He'd give him a good fight, but Hughes is too powerful for Sanchez...he should have to go thru Penn or the GSP (after Hughes beats him again) first anyway...

Post Count
    Just accidentally found the archive area!

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/arch....php/f-22.html

Post Count
    Ten Bucks says if o called Ken up for a 4th fight, Ken would be stupid enough to say YES

Get a little more of this

Thread Information