Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marcus Bryant
    I like the idea of Cardinal but the Spurs need to be thinking about adding some real muscle to play alongside TD. Cardinal off the bench would be nice if you lose Rose.

Russ
    but spurs will prolly pickup horry's option.
    I think that is unlikely.

Especially since Pop refused to allow Horry to board the team plane back to SA. :eyebrow

T Park Num 9
    Is that true russ, or are you kidding.

SickDSM
    Spree is an older version of manu IMO. The difference in spree and manu is like Rasho and david. Spree knows when to do certain things, when to take over, etc... Not only is spree something like the top 80 alltime scorers but he's also either top 50 or 25 in 3 pt makes. Theres a reason why Pop wanted him.

KoriEllis
    After the game last night, they said that Bowen had a player option. Does he?

I always thought (and I thought I'd verified) that there's no options on Bowen -- he just has one more year.

Marcus Bryant
    There might be an option on Bowen

aggie93
    Spree and Van Exel are not realistic. Both have player options paying them something like $13-15 million. Sprewell is also playing next to Garnett and Cassell, why in would he not come back? NVE would be lucky to make half or a third of his current salary on the market so you can forget about him as well.

I like the idea of getting a shooter, especially one that has proven they can come off the bench cold and start draining open looks. I don't really see a need for a backup PG. I think the Parker/Hart/Manu rotation works awfully well. The weakness is having a dead eye shooter ala Steve Kerr. Personally I think we should offer anything but Duncan, Parker, and possibly Manu for McGrady or Allen. Either of those guys would make the Spurs close to unbeatable irregardless of the rest of the rotation. That would leave the Spurs with an All Star level player as a big, perimeter player, and point allowing them to score at will and spread the floor.

shafin
    What was wrong with Jason Hart? I think that he did a pretty good job when he was out on the court. Given the time at the training camp he might work out as backup point sharing the role woth Manu, provided Manu resigns. Rasho will definetely improve as he spends more time with the Spurs and at training camp. Rose should try and be traded or hope that the Bobcats pick him up. Why not invest in a good shooter? Maybe Fred Hoiberg or Wesley Person. Hioberg won't be to hard on the wallet. The Spurs could also try and go for Marquis Daniels or Gordon Giricek. Rasheed Wallace would fit in perfectly with Duncan at small forward, and being at San Antonio would do wonders for his bad boy image, but at best this is a very distant possibility.

STALINGRADSFINESTONE
    yeah i have to agree with you shafin. they need a good shooter

hoopforums.cjb.net

lilshorty136
    I think that RASHO should go to the bulls... and i think Duncan should go to the WOLVES then they'll have a double MVP thing goin there.. how tight would that be??

Thread Information