Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't worry about tests.

I just rig the employment process.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    WTF, a personality test? Some of the laziest ass people in my department have the absolute best personalities.

I would probably feel indignant towards a prospective employer who asks me to take a personality test.

It's probably a good thing I never had to take one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well I took it yesterday (Friday). There were nine tests. First three were ap ude tests, the rest were personality tests.

On two of the aps test he was very impressed with my results, one he said I didn't do too well. They all were timed and he said i didn't answer enough questions, I only missed one of the ones I answered (65 i think in five min), but it was how many we answered. Later on the Taxi ride home I remembered the person who presented the test said it didn't matter how many we answered (another person was taking the test with me), so don't try to answer as many as you can, they just need to time it. I was pissed when I remembered, I would of rushed more instead of making sure my answers were correct. When we placed our test down, I had noticed he had answered 5-7 more than me, and i was taking my time, so I know he wasn't rushing either. So i wish I could've told him she shouldn't say it doesn't matter.

My personality test came back as I expected, except one. He said the results show that I'm disciplined, dependable, cool under pressure, accurate and so forth. I make sure the job is done correctly and care about quality more than time, which he explained why I probably didn't rush to answer many questions on that one test. Then he said I avoided confrontations most of the times. There are people who argue all the time and then people who avoid it at all costs. I'm towards avoiding it at all costs. I was, well I don't make a big deal of small stuff or stuff that doesn't matter. But no way am I afraid to confront someone when needed. I have no problems speaking my mind, if anybody knows me would know its true.

Overall I'm happy how everything turned out. BTW, I'm applying for a Project Manager position with a great home builder. I was laid off from my job a couple of months ago and haven't had luck finding something I want. I was in Information Technology before, and construction before that. I wasn't looking for construction, but really enjoyed the two new homes we did do, so I know I'll be happy here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I always analyze the questions too much on these. I remember in college I took a long test with simple yes/no answers. I knew there would be built in accuracy questions, but they were not worded the same, so to me they were different questions and I answered some of them differently.

For example, early in the test it asked- are you afraid of deep water? At the time I definitely was due to a recent boating accident. Later on in the test it asked- are you afraid of water? That one I answered No- because I was not afraid of water. I was not afraid of the swimming pool- or my bath tub- or the beach. The tester told me my results were too inconsistent to be meaningful. I think I was too smart for the test.

Thread Information