ducks
    Bobcats pick four from open tryouts
    sports.yahoo.com/nba/news...&type=lgns
    By JENNA FRYER, AP Sports Writer
    June 27, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- The Charlotte Bobcats added to their expansion team Sunday, selecting four players from an open-tryout session to advance to their minicamp.

Guards Pierre Wooten and Patrick Jackson, forward Anthony Greenup and center Moustapha Diouf were picked to participate in the rookie/free agent minicamp that begins Tuesday.

The Bobcats invited 44 players to tryout on Saturday, then whittled the list down to 20 players for a Sunday game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Greenup, who played at Shaw University, had 14 points and 10 rebounds in the final audition.

``I knew I had a really slim chance,'' he said. ``But I worked hard and chased after loose balls and that got me picked. I'll have to work a lot harder in camp to make it past that.''

Diouf, who played at Queens College in Charlotte, was thrilled just to have been invited to the tryout.

``It was a good first step for me and it was very hard,'' he said. ``I got a letter about three weeks ago to come to this and I was so excited. We'll see what comes next.''

Wooten, who played at Winthrop and spent last season playing for a team in Turkey, and Jackson, from Ball State, both advanced because of Charlotte's desperate need for a point guard.

The Bobcats did not select any point guards in the NBA expansion draft last week and picked forward Emeka Okafor and swingman Bernard Robinson in the NBA draft.

``It was a good session, very organized,'' coach and general manager Bernie Bickerstaff said. ``No one embarrassed themselves and it was a great opportunity for them to play some basketball.''

gutterballer733
    smush parker was at the bobcats open tryouts too.

Thread Information