SW: Hot As Hell
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was anyone else's neighborhood over run with trick or treaters? I came home just as the first kids started going out. Maybe this is unique in my area,but they start coming out about an hour or so before dark! When I was kid we never went out before sunset.

Once it started getting dark the caravans started comming by. And they weren't just Dodge caravans. Seems like this year everyone was carpooling. I walked to the curb and in total amazement, there were cars lined up and down the street on both sides. Each car had either kids spewing from all doors, or hords of them scurrying to get back in before their mothership moved on. Now I know why America is getting so much supposedly fatter. Kids today can't even walk down the street to fill up on sugar! They instead, depend on their parents to push them out of the car at the right times.

I just decided to stop giving out candy. Maybe I was tired, maybe it was late. Or maybe it was that the last three groups of trick or treaters were all over 20 years old! Oh yeah, next year I'm going to have to bring out the ol' chain saw again. I think I need to add a little fear to next year's Halloween.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Our neighborhood usually has the same thing. I'll need to ask my parents how it went last night.

My step-dad didn't want to put out any decorations because he thought it would rain, but by 3-4 PM, he decided to go all out like he normally does.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We had for the second straight year, the super trick or treat carrier come by. It is the mother ship of all mother ships. It's basically a super duty long bed pickup with a long flat trailer in tow. The kids ride all over the back of the trailer and in the bed of the truck. This year they also had a few piled in the cab. I almost wanted to just throw a few bags of candy in the front yard and let them fight it out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Damn! Can't say I had that before.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We had for the second straight year, the super trick or treat carrier come by. It is the mother ship of all mother ships. It's basically a super duty long bed pickup with a long flat trailer in tow. The kids ride all over the back of the trailer and in the bed of the truck. This year they also had a few piled in the cab. I almost wanted to just throw a few bags of candy in the front yard and let them fight it out.

That must of been a sight. How would they allow that on the road? We just bought a new house and I went and bought craps load of candy, but very few kids came. It must be a combination of having neigbhors in front of us and our neighbors on the side all had their lights out. Because when i took my little girl out, they were a load of kids around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

That must of been a sight. How would they allow that on the road? We just bought a new house and I went and bought craps load of candy, but very few kids came. It must be a combination of having neigbhors in front of us and our neighbors on the side all had their lights out. Because when i took my little girl out, they were a load of kids around.
    It was quite the sight. I think it had two advantages for the kids riding on it. One they didn't have to walk much, and two they could collect all the candy from the kids they'd run over with that rig.

Gone Crazy, be back later CrazyOne's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We were out until 6:00, but we had barely more than a dozen kids come by. And for all the leftover candy...

IT'S MINE!! ALL MINE!!! BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    We always buy the candy we hate to hand out so that we wont be tempted if there is any left over. But then my daughter always brings home tons of the good stuff and shoots our plan to . She could care less about the candy. She just likes going out in costume. We're the ones stuck having to fight our inner demons trying the resist the call of the "chocolate"

...2Blonde

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well were lucky...no very lucky. Not one trick or treater all night. We enjoy the little ones when they come by..but it's the ones over 12 that I don't like.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    but it's the ones over 12 that I don't like.
    We had like a 15-year-old girl trick-or-treat to our house.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    We had a bunch o kids stop by our house.

we had 15 year old + boys and girls trick-or-treating

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For the first time ever, we ran out of candy! However, I suspect my husband was handing it out by the handfull. I think there were a lot more kids this year and a lot of kids that don't live in this neighborhood. I still don't get that, but whatever.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not sure which was worse, the teenagers coming by without even bothering with a costume, the teenage girls coming by dressed like hookers, or a few moms that came by with their own bag.

We had quite a few truck loads of kids dropped off....I ran out of candy, too...my kids grabbed stuff out of their own bags for the last of the stragglers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We had like a 15-year-old girl trick-or-treat to our house.
    15 try 51 year-olds at our house. I thought the high school came by my house at one point. Two many girls dressed as Britney Spears, hookers, or combinations of the two. I was wondering if I should hand out candy or dollar bills.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Air Force Falcons
    We had a good number of kids stop by. Near the end, I was breaking Halloween records with the amount of candy I was giving away. This little kid came all by himself to the door so I filled up his bag all the rest of the way with candy.

On the other end of the spectrum, some kids rang the doorbell three times and starting banging on the door in a matter of 10 seconds ... so I answered and gave them each one candy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it wrong to pass out condoms?

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    teen girls dressed like hookers?

damnit why did i let the wifey hand out all the candy...

and what don't you get about out of neighborhood kids coming to yours?

the candy they'd get in their neighborhood probobaly sucks. or maybe it's a bad neighborhood with all the lights off...so they goto the suburb neighborhoods and stock up. it's all about the kids, so I say whatever works...

had about 60 kids come by the house....then i went out to run an errand and i saw all these caravans of kids in the neighborhoods....the only thing i worry about is kids getting hit by all the traffic.....

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dunno, Zak. My area of town doesn't really have any bad neighborhoods and there are tons of sub-divisions around here. How do you go about picking a neighborhood and know that it's 'safe'?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    how nice the cars and houses are is related to the financial status of the neighborhood....most likely more safe...and more likely to get some good in the trick or treat bag....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm not sure which was worse, the teenagers coming by without even bothering with a costume, the teenage girls coming by dressed like hookers, ....
    do you live in my neighborhood? Those same Hookers....err, came by my house also

kinda gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "TRICK or Treat"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    maybe they weren't hookers....maybe they were dressed as pussycat dolls....

though it would be tempting to ask, "what do i get for 2 snickers and a bag of m&m's?"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    bigzak25, I asked them what their costumes were. They said they were hookers! Those are great costumes I said!

On another topic, has anyone been to one of those "sexy costume" Halloween parties?

Thread Information