My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOW!

So much for staying on message.

LAHORE: Secretary of State Colin Powell has privately confided to friends in recent weeks that the Iraqi insurgents are winning the war, Salon.com quoted Newsweek as having reported.

The insurgents have succeeded in infiltrating Iraqi forces “from top to bottom,” a senior Iraqi official told Newsweek in its Monday’s issue, “from decision making to the lower levels”.
    Daily Times

No way this leak is an accident. I have to think this is a deliberate leak on Powell's part. He's trying to warn America.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they're winning. We're playing for political correctness and rules of engagement.

They're playing for blood.

As for Powell, I'm not sure when he became a senior Iraqi official, I guess that's salon.org's version of the Stormin' Norman endorsement.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Powell is a lame duck secy state, at best, even if faux macho man wins. I would like to imagine that his conscience as military officer and battle commander is in pain, as he sees his army's soldiers suffering and dying for nothing in Iraq, in a bogus, counter-productive war supported by nothing lies. This may be Powell's own message, not some anti-message message.

He was initially my sole hero in the shrub posse, the only posse member who had ordered soldiers to their deaths in war, or had seen war and his war dead and injured up close. He was anti-Iraq war. Then he caved in and went before the UN and lied as hideously as he rest of the pack of liars about the trucks as bioweapons labs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd vote for Powell.

Thread Information