Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I had a preorder canceled last year (I was going to eBay that too ) for the 360, and they had the same thing happen at Thanksgiving with a laptop they had on sale.

I'd love to see someone take them to court on it, because all they do is cancel the orders, but then again the settlement would probably just give everyone a piece of $10 coupon like you got.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I doubt theres a legal case as long as they refund and don't take an extremely long time to do it. Its just a really ty business practice. Anyhow, looks like if I want to make my damn profit I'll have to camp out. I may do it anyhow, but I don't want to camp for 30 ing hours. Fuccccccccccccck that.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, me and some buds are talking about taking off from work. Paid time off for one day, and we can make $1400 or so on eBay...

My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    Name
    Erik Senecal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Kansas Jayhawks
    I've had similiar things happen to me from Fry's, Staples, EB Games and Circuit city.

It's not a BestBuy thing, it's just typical for the industry.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yeah, me and some buds are talking about taking off from work. Paid time off for one day, and we can make $1400 or so on eBay...
    When I saw how much they were going for camping out became very attractive. If I get Jess to do it with me thats 2 PS3s I can buy and sell and pay for all my holiday shopping and new TV.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I wonder if this is one of those situations where you can scam the scammers. Maybe go buy Jess a blue Best Buy shirt on Ebay, get her to hand out those concert-style bracelets to the first 100 people in line, and then go home, never to be seen from again. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to season that hundred people with some friends of yours. When subsequent people show up to wait for their consoles, they'll notice that all of the people in front of them have wristbands and they don't. And the employee that handed them out is nowhere to be found.

I know I'd go to another store - obviously I missed out on whatever the is going on.

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I wonder if this is one of those situations where you can scam the scammers. Maybe go buy Jess a blue Best Buy shirt on Ebay, get her to hand out those concert-style bracelets to the first 100 people in line, and then go home, never to be seen from again. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to season that hundred people with some friends of yours. When subsequent people show up to wait for their consoles, they'll notice that all of the people in front of them have wristbands and they don't. And the employee that handed them out is nowhere to be found.

I know I'd go to another store - obviously I missed out on whatever the is going on.
    Except that Jess would not be willing to participate in that with the fear of getting her ass kicked when someone figures it out.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't stores usually have something that says "While Supplies Last"?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Don't stores usually have something that says "While Supplies Last"?
    Yeah, but how is that relevant?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I just read that AHF. So they've done this TWICE? I've dealt with stupid Best Buy employees on several occasions, but this might take the cake considering its their corporate office that is ing up, again apparently. Nice.
    Thanks, I appreciate that.
    Dude, get over it. It sucks, but someone made a mistake.

And j-6, trust me, people know who the employees are. You can't just show up and get assigned the job of handing out wristbands without anyone knowing who you are. I got my first blue shirt almost 11 years ago, I've been around the block a few times.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yeah, I love it when I get told to get over it as a customer. Nothing shows better customer service than that. How about your company learns to run rather than tell people to get over it?

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    I find it rather funny you thought that link/pre-order would work. Kids have been talking about that link for days, some trying to buy 3-4 at a time.

No such thing as free money, so get your tent/sleeping bag and enjoy the wait.

If I were you, I wouldn't make any weather predictions prior, either...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is why I reserve consoles at the "game" stores. The Best Buys/Circuit City route is the only way to go for the game releases. They suck when it comes to consoles. I had a few 360's last year to sell, because I had reserved them at quite a few stores. But since the 360 fiasco that happened at the Gamestops, now they're giving fair warning that just because you have a reservation, doesn't mean you'll get it on release night. That's even if you're #1 on the list.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yeah, the link was insanely broken. I was foolish, had it been a part of Best Buy's functioning system I would have been charged. Oh, wait..

Silly me! I expected to receive material good after I paid for them. You're right, nothing for free, errrr 650 dollars.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Stores are getting like 100 PS3s each, not 8, so thats bull .
    Where'd you hear that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, the link was insanely broken. I was foolish, had it been a part of Best Buy's functioning system I would have been charged. Oh, wait..

Silly me! I expected to receive material good after I paid for them. You're right, nothing for free, errrr 650 dollars.
    If you need that cash back on your account so bad, you should call up the card company and they should credit your card back immediately. My credit card company even offers up some percentage of the total cost if the transaction went sour.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    What I don't get from some of you giving me , is what you guys are thinking. I wasn't trying to scam Best Buy. I wasn't doing to get over on them. I used THEIR site in a totally legit way. I didn't do anything special. My account was charged - is STILL charged - and I received a conformation email from Best Buy.

They SOLD ME A SYSTEM. I didn't steal from them, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Now, today I recieve an email telling me they're not going to sell me the system so they can in essence sell it on bestbuy.com again. This isn't an issue about the system being out of stock or going to a store. Best Buy WILL sell systems online on that day.

So yes, when I buy something from someone and they turn around and take it back to sell it again, I find it rather annoying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    If you need that cash back on your account so bad, you should call up the card company and they should credit your card back immediately. My credit card company even offers up some percentage of the total cost if the transaction went sour.
    Whether or not I need the cash is not relevent. If I needed te cash that bad, do you think I'd be spending it buying a PS3? Its the fact that they charged me for something. And no, my bank isn't going to credit me the money if I call them up and tell them the transaction is wrong. They're going to say its on Best Buy's end and they have to credit my account, and they're right.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What I don't get from some of you giving me , is what you guys are thinking. I wasn't trying to scam Best Buy. I wasn't doing to get over on them. I used THEIR site in a totally legit way. I didn't do anything special. My account was charged - is STILL charged - and I received a conformation email from Best Buy.

They SOLD ME A SYSTEM. I didn't steal from them, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Now, today I recieve an email telling me they're not going to sell me the system so they can in essence sell it on bestbuy.com again. This isn't an issue about the system being out of stock or going to a store. Best Buy WILL sell systems online on that day.

So yes, when I buy something from someone and they turn around and take it back to sell it again, I find it rather annoying.
    Your credit card company/bank holds the entire amount when you charge something? I'm pretty sure BB is gonna be quick about refunding the money. I've returned to them before and when I check my current activity once I get in the parking lot, I see the refunded amount. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Whether or not I need the cash is not relevent. If I needed te cash that bad, do you think I'd be spending it buying a PS3? Its the fact that they charged me for something. And no, my bank isn't going to credit me the money if I call them up and tell them the transaction is wrong. They're going to say its on Best Buy's end and they have to credit my account, and they're right.
    Damn, I'm just offering up some advice.

Yeah, I understand they charged you for an item that you have not received. I charged about $1600 worth at Gamestop, Hollywood Video and EBgames last year for 3 360s. They weren't delivered until release day, but I was charged well over a week before. I'm sure if I hadn't received the item as promised by them when they took the preorder, they would've refunded my money.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Your company doesn't hold the entire amount when something is charged? Thats odd. The only items I don't get held the entire amount for are the ones where the amount is unknown. When I worked at a bank, transactions where they swiped your card and put a refund back into your account show up immediately, but thats because they have your card to swipe. Its been 4 years since I worked for a bank, however, so take it for what its worth.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Damn, I'm just offering up some advice.

Yeah, I understand they charged you for an item that you have not received. I charged about $1600 worth at Gamestop, Hollywood Video and EBgames last year for 3 360s. They weren't delivered until release day, but I was charged well over a week before. I'm sure if I hadn't received the item as promised by them when they took the preorder, they would've refunded my money.
    Yeah, obviously when I get my refund I'll lose a lot of the reason I'm annoyed right now, but I still find it annoying that they've sold me something and after they sold it to me are basicallying saying "oops!", we're going to resell that.

The people that bought them placed in legit orders, so why the won't Best Buy just honor them?

It also annoys the out of me when people who work for a company tell me to "get over it" when the only up in the entire situation is on their end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Oh, the Best Buy Ps3 numbers were numbers for stores in the NYC area apparently. However, WalMart has already said there will be a minimum of 10 per store, and I'm sure some will have much higher numbers than that.

Anyhow, Jess and I are planning to camp out to get a couple of them on launch day. It actually sounds pretty fun from what I've read. I'll be curing Best Buy on that day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your company doesn't hold the entire amount when something is charged? Thats odd. The only items I don't get held the entire amount for are the ones where the amount is unknown. When I worked at a bank, transactions where they swiped your card and put a refund back into your account show up immediately, but thats because they have your card to swipe. Its been 4 years since I worked for a bank, however, so take it for what its worth.
    I rarely use my Bank of America card, so I'm just going on my AMEX. I have access to my full limit and verify any transaction that is placed. If I had done what you did, I would've gotten a call to verify the charge by BB in a couple of days to ask whether or not to put the charge through or to continue to hold it. I would've told them to reject the charge if I had gotten that email from them. If I was still cautious, I would've just told them to call back when the transaction was completed(I got the product)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I rarely use my Bank of America card, so I'm just going on my AMEX. I have access to my full limit and verify any transaction that is placed. If I had done what you did, I would've gotten a call to verify the charge by BB in a couple of days to ask whether or not to put the charge through or to continue to hold it. I would've told them to reject the charge if I had gotten that email from them. If I was still cautious, I would've just told them to call back when the transaction was completed(I got the product)
    Thats a pretty kick ass service, is that a business account? Jess has an AMEX but they don't do anything like that. AMEX does a very good job of taking care of their customers.

Thread Information