My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the most accurate pollster in the business...

The final Harris Polls show Senator John Kerry making modest gains at the very end of the campaign in an election that is still too close to call using telephone methods of polling.. At the same time, the final Harris Internet-based poll suggests that Kerry will win the White House today in a narrow victory.

Harris Interactive’s final online survey of 5,508 likely voters shows a three-point lead for Senator Kerry. The final Harris Interactive telephone survey of 1,509 likely voters shows a one-point lead for President Bush. Both surveys are based on interviews conducted between October 29, 2004 and November 1, 2004. The telephone survey is consistent with most of the other telephone polls, which show the race virtually tied.

Both surveys suggest that Kerry has been making some gains over the course of the past few days (see Harris Polls #83 http://www.harrisinteractive.com/har...ex.asp?PID=512, and #78 http://www.harrisinteractive.com/har...ex.asp?PID=507). If this trend is real, then Kerry may actually do better than these numbers suggest. In the past, presidential challengers tend to do better against an in bent President among the undecided voters during the last three days of the elections, and that appears to be the case here. The reason: undecided voters are more often voters who dislike the President but do not know the challenger well enough to make a decision. When they decide, they frequently split 2:1 to 4:1 for the challenger.

About one percentage point of the current difference probably reflects the inclusion in the online sample of people with cell phones but no landline (and therefore not included in the telephone survey) who favor Kerry by a wide margin (see The Harris Poll #86 released yesterday at www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll).

The surveys both suggest an increase of a few percentage points above the 51.3% turnout (of all adults) in 2000, but not as big an increase as some reports have suggested.

Three Key States (Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio)

Another piece of evidence pointing to a likely Kerry victory is that online Harris Polls in these large, key states, which may well determine the Electoral College result, all show modest Kerry leads. However, all these leads are within the possible sampling error for these surveys. Assuming the forecast is correct, Kerry is likely to win all three large states, and almost certainly the White House along with it. The sample sizes were well over 1,000 likely voters in Florida (1,433), Pennsylvania (1,204), and Ohio (1,218).
    Harris Interactive

Like I said, Kerry will take the big three and now maybe Wisconsin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you this Dan......Your turds should even come out "twisted".

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the most accurate pollster in the business...
    That begs the obvious question; why do you even bother with other pollsters then, Nbadanallah?

Thread Information