Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My brother. He got off with a warning and temporary suspension of service from Cox. Happy now?
    There is more to the story, first off who uses COX? and out of all the web surfers in Texas why did they go after him? and what movie was it that was so evil to draw attention to him? How to make a bomb, or Zoolander 3?

He would be famous all over the www. His picture would be on Google. even a small film on YouTube on how he got in trouble.

Out of all the sites I go to, and all the posters who have all thier friends and your the speacial person who knows someone who acually got in trouble?

what are the chances I meet you?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    There is more to the story, first off who uses COX?
    People who live in Cox Cable areas. Are you really this ignorant?
    and out of all the web surfers in Texas why did they go after him?
    Cox was told by the MPAA to crack down, and at the time it was relatively easy to see who was using the P2P software. Don't you read the papers?
    and what movie was it that was so evil to draw attention to him?
    Who knows? He downloaded alot of movies.
    He would be famous all over the www.
    No, the ones who were prosecuted got their names in the news. I told you he wasn't.
    Out of all the sites I go to, and all the posters who have all thier friends and your the speacial person who knows someone who acually got in trouble?
    There are many more than myself. Use your little Google to find the stories.
    what are the chances I meet you?
    Are you coming on to me?

Look, I tried to do you and your friend a favor. He's getting ripped off paying for illegal downloads he could just as easily find for free, if that's what he's into. Your copies of Saw III are not legal. If you really want your download to work, why not send an inquiry to Lionsgate Films and ask them how to fix the soundtrack of your download of Saw III from Butterfly Download Network.

Here is their email:

[email protected]

and their other information:

Los Angeles
    Lionsgate
    2700 Colorado Ave.
    Santa Monica, CA 90404
    Telephone (310) 449-9200
    Facsimile (310) 255-3870

I am sure they will be eager to help you.

Now, where is Butterfly Downloads located again?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I would like to see the story on these folks who got arrested. Does the paper have a web site? I looked on Google and I could not find anyone who has been arrested for downloading a movie. go check for yourself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People who live in Cox Cable areas. Are you really this ignorant?
    Dude I was born in Canada cox is not something you get everyday, (unless your gay) relax I'm just ing with cha, you know, for s and giggles.

Look, I tried to do you and your friend a favor. He's getting ripped off paying for illegal downloads he could just as easily find for free, if that's what he's into. Your copies of Saw III are not legal.
    I will pass this info on to him. now if I can only warn others before it's to late..............
    Now, where is Butterfly Downloads located again?
    I am not sure, I don't know how to download movies, and If I did, it wouldn't be SAW III. I am a huge Hockey fan I like sports. I just got word of this site last week from mouse at club spurs. he said folks here know all kinds of so I gave it a shot. I told him about you he said to watch out your a moderator.

Anyway thanks for the heads up, I really like your forum I may come back one day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I would like to see the story on these folks who got arrested. Does the paper have a web site? I looked on Google and I could not find anyone who has been arrested for downloading a movie. go check for yourself.

Here's the most recent one I could find:

Locals sued over downloads
    Movie, music industries target activity in Valley.
    By John Ellis / The Fresno Bee
    10/30/06 05:18:16

A few months ago, the Motion Picture Association of America sent a not-so-gentle reminder to the San Joaquin Valley when it sued four residents it claims illegally downloaded movies from the Internet.

Such actions by the movie and music industries no longer are headline news, but that doesn't mean both have stopped using the legal system as a tool in their battles against copyright infringement.

In fact, their legal offensives are as active as ever, and both industries say they intend to continue suing individuals.

"Our lawsuits are definitely an ongoing program," said Amanda Hunter, a spokeswoman for the Recording Industry Association of America.

The most recent MPAA lawsuits were filed in U.S. District Court in Fresno against Lupe Carillo of Avenal, Paula Dixon and Brandy Sherman of Bakersfield and Michael Martinez of Fresno. The civil suits seek monetary damages and a legal prohibition against the individuals illegally downloading movies.

Martinez, for instance, is alleged to have illegally downloaded five movies, including "Constantine," "Meet the Fockers" and "Are We There Yet?"

Each of those sued was found by their use of "peer-to-peer" networks — which enable digital files to be transferred directly from one computer to another.

The technology was first popularized by Napster for transferring music files, but with the advent of high-speed modems that can move larger files faster, many people began illegally swapping movies online.

Those alleged to have illegally downloaded material are found because each computer has a unique address. Once that address is determined, the movie or music industries seek a subpoena to force an Internet provider to divulge the name of the person who holds that address.

None of the four recently sued could be reached to comment.

These latest actions come as the tide may be turning against those who seek to illegally download music.

In June 2005, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled the movie and music industries can file piracy lawsuits against technology companies that encourage illegal downloading of copyrighted material over the Internet.

This past July, Sharman Networks, which distributes "peer-to-peer" software known as Kazaa, agreed to redesign its file-sharing program so that it will stop those who try to download copyrighted movies and music.

And three weeks ago, a federal judge in Los Angeles ruled that StreamCast Networks Inc. — which distributes the Morpheus online file-sharing software — encouraged computer users to share copyrighted material without permission.

At the same time, legal music downloads have been increasing, the RIAA's Hunter said.

Still, illegal downloading of movies and music outpaces legal purchases of digital media.

"We've put a tourniquet on a hemorrhaging problem," said Jonathan Lamy, another RIAA spokesman, "but it is by no means acceptable."

Lamy said the recording industry knows it won't totally eliminate illegal downloading of music, but believes it can control the problem with a combination of education and lawsuits.

As the next step in that ongoing fight, the movie and music industries have started taking a more local and regional approach in their efforts to stop the illegal downloads.

In the recent civil lawsuits filed by the Motion Picture Association of America, for instance, the headline of the announcement read: "Motion Picture Industry Takes Action Against Central California Internet Movie Thieves."

"The purpose of the suits are twofold — to recover damages, and to raise public awareness about Internet piracy and its consequences," said the MPAA's Elizabeth Kaltman.

The end result can be painful for those cited.

On Aug. 31, U.S. District Judge Oliver W. Wanger approved an agreement between Veronica Ontiveros and six record companies, including Sony BMG Music Entertainment and Atlantic Recording Corp.

The settlement will require the Bakersfield resident to pay $10,700 for illegally downloading and sharing music.

On the movie side, Columbia Pictures Film Production Asia Limited has filed paperwork seeking $6,000 in damages and close to $2,000 in attorney's fees from Visalia resident Lisa Marks, who the movie company claims illegally downloaded the film "Kung Fu Hustle."

Brian Marks, who identified himself as the son of Lisa Marks, said a reporter's call was the first he had heard of the lawsuit.

"I don't even know how to download movies like this," he said. "We shouldn't have to pay a damn thing because we didn't do it."

Marks, 20, said the house he shares with his mother has a wireless network that isn't encrypted. He thinks somebody else used their Internet connection to download the movie.

"It's like me stealing your car and robbing a bank and you getting in trouble for it," he said.

The movie company, however, said Lisa Marks never responded to the lawsuit and it is seeking a judgment in its favor.

Though the fines sought in these cases are large, federal statues allow the industries to seek penalties up to $30,000 per film or song.

http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/10198.html

Duped again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I asked crazyone about that picture he said real satellite photos are really that big and he has one that is 200 MBs so good luck downloading that bad boy

Ps: Thank you Mr. Dumper for that info I was about to join that site!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Rub it in, why don't you?

Thread Information