NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Pooh if you want the real Bush see SpursWoman

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Sir!! Put the pipe down!!
    ^RACK^

"Ok today's topic, Who is the Spurs biggest rival?" That's the platform for the ENTIRE show??
    My point as well, Jeff Vexler let me down also, It seems like Walter can trim his beard and Jeff will say "hey how many spurs players will look good in a beard"? call in folks with your top 4 bearded sports players.

man talk about topic radio going soft? heck there are better topics at this website than that radio show ever came up with, I am sorry but I am so glad i stopped tuning in Sept,

Are you freakin kidding me!!!???
    Unfortunately Jeff is serious about his show I wish it was all a big joke but there show is no better than me and Joe Chalupa talking at a bar,

Plan out your segments buddy,
    That would make to much seance, The sad part is I think he does plan those shows,, I can just see him sitting on the toilet saying hey I have an idea, What top 4 players read when they are taking a crap, I will have callers calling on there top 4 reading material while on the toilet,

I don't need 3 hours of the same topic.
    This is a good point, even the most cheesiest radio shows change the subject every hour.

" o ticket 760 who are your rivals?" over and over and over!!!I emailed him once and told him that he is the typical sports guy wiht typical topics. I asked him if your gonna be that way, why not discuss Emmitt vs. Barry, Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame?, and national league baseball vs. american league baseball. And he actually came back with, "I think those would be great topics to discuss on the air" SWEET JESUS are you kidding!!!

Pssssst ! not to burst your bubble or DE motivate you or anything but......They really don't give a rats ass about what you or i want, just a heads up brah i have been there done that already,

, just discuss the infield fly rule while your at it!! I'm waiting for him to throw out lines like, "Let me hear from you, this is your show, your the straw that stirs the sports drink!!" "Your the captain I'm your ship, steer me!!" I'm so annoyed now...........no funeral
    That show was Monday you missed it..

Blood Where?
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I emailed my sentiments to Nate Lundy yesterday, and brought up the fact that KTCK, THe Ticket in Dallas, is a blueprint for success, and he knows it, and I was met with, "Don't compare Dallas to San Antonio its a top 10 radio market, and they have a big budget for staffing and marketing." I told him I wasn't comparing the two, but rather pointing out that the things they do on the air just WORKS!! And you don't need a big budget to be creative!! And by the way, ALL radio officianados in Dallas Ft. Worth said an all day local sports radio station would fail miserbly, and it is now 11 or 12 years later. I bet they didnt have a big budget when they started. He said he respects my opinion, but he says he gets lots of emails saying Vex is great. Well buddy, let's see'em!!! And I told him that if he didn't work for Clear Channel, he would have a very different opnion of the product they are throwin out there. I know they have to back their guys, what else are they going to say? I know they aren't going to please every listener, but they need to LISTEN to us!! I asked him why they arent doing any remotes at any locations for STSA, I mean it's their "featured" show. I asked him to hire me, I can get remotes set up for them!! He said STSA is not their "feature" show. I said thats BS I've live here a little over a year, and I knew when I moved here, that was the show they promote the most. Agree? THey have the opportunity to make this great, too bad they tripped straight out of the gate.
    Last edited by Blood Dong; 11-05-2004 at 12:40 PM.

Name you'd love to touch maxpower's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I totally agree with your view on the Dallas Ticket. To add to it..that station actually has compe ion. There are 3 sports stations in Dallas. ESPN Radio, Fox Radio and The Ticket. The Ticket(last I read) was the ratings leader. They have a nice mixture of personalities. The old stalwart Norm Hitzges, who has been in radio for 30 years. They have one of the newspaper writers from the Dallas Morning News(Dale Hanson) with two hours a week during lunch mondays and fridays. I like how they hand off one show to another...the hosts interact for a few minutes on hot topics. They constantly ride each other...it's just something you have to listen to.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    you e mailed Nate? I had no idea ,I take back what I said you will see things get done now,

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kori, you think we can secure Vladimir Putin for a SpursZone column?

If Vlad can't make it, I can.

Regards,

Yassir Arafat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    If Vlad can't make it, I can.

Regards,

Yassir Arafat
    ^RACK^

Blood Where?
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    you e mailed Nate? I had no idea ,I take back what I said you will see things get done now,

yeah I know. I could smell the frustration, when I opened his email!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    yeah I know. I could smell the frustration, when I opened his email!!
    wait till you find out is was not him but an intern that e mailed you back

Blood Where?
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    sweet, and btw, I am so glad I finally got someone to agree wiht me on this forum. I wasn't exactly met with open arms.
    Mouse=genius

Mr. Burns
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's It!

I've sat idle long enough.
    I made some phone calls, and talked Nate into.
    Back by popular demand.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

never more have I missed the vomit emoticon than right now!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    That's It!

Blood Where?
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    That's It!

I listend to her in Lubbock, cuz it's all I had. She dresses out at about 280lbs. she is one nasty and boring !!

Thread Information