Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Because they're not a SA school. I support only SA schools. Besides, I remember when Judson used to be called San Antonio Judson back when they were class 3 or 4A. Then their enrollment grew, and they had more kids to choose from, so therefore their teams got better.
    Suddenly they wanted to be refered to as Converse Judson.

On the bright side, Wagner High will open next year, which will probably cut Judson's enrollment in half.

Post Count
    I have no problem with them being called Converse Judson...but they should be left off of the San Antonio All-City team. (yes I know its "Greater San Antonio...doesn't mean I have to like it)

Player To Be Named Later
    Post Count
    do you hope o'connor loses too in the playoffs since they are in helotes and alamo heights? or is this just a judson hate thing.
    if it was just a san antonio all city team then it loses significance cuz then it would be much easier to get in. and the players in surrounding area schools(judson, smithson valley, east central, clemens, boerne, etc.) need that type of recognition as well.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Judson is up there with Permian and Plano as one of the greatest Texas High School Football programs... why all the hate?

Heavenly Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    I follow and love Judson as much as I do the Spurs, so I think your wish for them to lose in the playoffs isn't happening anytime soon. And the "they have more kids to choose from" argument is old. If that were true, all the big schools would be winning championships all the time.

Post Count
    my only issue was that some people from Judson would if they were mistakenly referred to as "San Antonio Judson". But I know it wasn't all Judson fans. Personally I root for all area teams in the playoffs, RR was the one with the "hate"

BTW, O'Connor is technically in the SA city limits.

Player To Be Named Later
    Post Count

Post Count
    Converse Judson!

Post Count
    ahh...shows you what I know!

Post Count
    Regardless of where O'Connor is located - in the city limits or not - Judson. I have hated Judson since I was in middle school. I hate their at ude, their smugness, the way they think they are had asses cuz they get to choose from 5000 kids. them hardcore, I seriously hate their programs.

Heavenly Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    Wow, tell us how you really feel. Like I said in my previous post, it's not about how many kids you have, but what you do with them. When has Judson ever been arrogant? Perhaps you've encountered fans that are that way, and I won't deny they're out there, but I haven't seen it so much from the players or coaches.

Post Count
    Do you really , honestly want to know about this crap that I know about the players and coaches? Never mind, I am not going to argue or spread the dirty laundry out anymore in public. All I will say is that if Judson was an average 5A school enrollment wise with the rest of the SA area schools, they wouldnt have half as many les as they got now.

Heavenly Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    Well, if you have proof, then go ahead, by all means. Oh, here's the top 10 schools in the state in population:

Conroe The Woodlands 4918
    Converse Judson 4864
    La Joya 4814
    Dallas Skyline 4415
    Spring Westfield 4188
    Houston Memorial 4115
    Victoria Memorial 4115
    Humble 4104
    Alief Elsik 4062
    Allen 3949

How many of those schools have multiple state les besides Judson?

Post Count
    GOOOO Rockets and go Kirby (I lived a mile away from judson for the first 14 years of my life and went to Kirby up to 8th grade)

Heavenly Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    Kirby? Psh, go Kitty Hawk.

Post Count
    No way, its all about the blue and white!!!

are there anymore Junior High schools in the district now?? (I havent lived in Converse in awhile)

Heavenly Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's Woodlake Middle School now. Actually, they added 6th grade to all of them my freshman year in high school (about 1996).

Post Count
    Oh is woodlakes team anygood or does kirby get to retain its absolute dominance... as far as the 6th grade thing, I know that the used to have them at kirby before, but your telling me they went back to having it again. Oh well, no more Kirby junior high, now its a middle school.

BTW about the dominance thing, I am just messin with you I dont care that much about JH football, I am just channeling my 8th grade self.

Heavenly Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    I've heard they were pretty good, but I'm not quite since I don't really follow it, either. So it's all good. I'm just a long time Rocket fan.

Post Count
    yep, even when I moved to NEISD I had to represent. It was dangerous sitting on the Churchill side w/my friends, cheering for judson!

Heavenly Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    Oh, but I bet it was fun.

Post Count
    well all but once, Judson did win so it was fun, I almost didnt get a ride back from Converse because I rode there with my friends, and they were angry at all my . . . well we will call it smacktalking. (BTW I lived in encino park at 281 and 1604, so it woulda been quite a walk)

Post Count
    been great talking judson w/ya but gotta go to bed! g'night

Heavenly Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    Ahh. My dad and brother take me to games so thankfully, that's something I don't have to worry about. Night.

Post Count
    It is nice to see others here with a similar passion for high school football. for awhile...it was just me. welcome!

Thread Information