Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ... something along the lines of $300. Any sujestions? also can anyone here explain what the bluetooth technology is all about?

In a garbage can next to Oscar. To be more specific, I live in the suburbs of Detroit.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    ... something along the lines of $300. Any sujestions? also can anyone here explain what the bluetooth technology is all about?
    Bluetooth allows wireless communication between a earpiece/headset and a phone/computer/etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I use a BT headset with my Motorola. I'd suggest getting one that has the swingarm. They turn off when the arm is closed. Constantly running BT on your phone will eat batteries. I've also run my company cell phone (Motorola too) to connect to the 'net. Not blazing speed, but it'll do in a pinch.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have the Motorola SLVR. It has Itunes and can hold about 100 songs. Not a lot, but I didn't want a gazillion things to carry around, so works for me.

I don't have the BT headset, but our cars have BT, which is nice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ditching my Motorola P.O.S. in March. I'd do it now, but Cingular won't let me upgrade without paying full price yet. I was going to, but I can wait 3 months for my Samsung Blackjack at $150 off. It may be cheaper by then anyways.

I've had nothing but horrible luck with the 3 Motorolas I've had so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have one of the crappiest phones, but all I need to use it for is call people, I don't need all that other BS. I wouldn't mind it, but it doesn't make much of a difference in my life. I would upgrade it to another phone and get another plan, but all the basic plans are pretty expensive compared to what I have, since my current phone is running from an agreement where I got the phone for free as long as I guaranteed a year of service. It's been maybe 18 months, so I could end it, but I'm not looking to pay 30-35$ a month for the most basic plan.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ditching my Motorola P.O.S. in March. I'd do it now, but Cingular won't let me upgrade without paying full price yet. I was going to, but I can wait 3 months for my Samsung Blackjack at $150 off. It may be cheaper by then anyways.

I've had nothing but horrible luck with the 3 Motorolas I've had so far.
    We've had no problems with ours *knock on wood*

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Asked about this before, and I went with the Samsung D807

Been hearing good things about the Sony Ericsson w810i, k790 and motorola rizr

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you don't have the budget for the data package, then smartphones might be unnecessary. If you do have the budget for it, however, the Samsung Blackjack is nice once you get used to the smaller keys. It's very thin with a nice screen. You don't mis-hit much on the keys but they do require some getting used to.

If you keep it on 3G mode at all times, then you will need the extra battery you get with it. The battery runs down fairly quickly in that mode. Windows mobile applications are nice and the actual phone quality is much better than the Blackberry 7100 (or, so people on the other end tell me).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    im feelin T-Mobiles sidekick

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks for the input people

You Belinelli Believe It! dougp's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I personally love my Treo 700wx ... but might I suggest the 750v, as it's everything good about mine with the newer version of bluetooth

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If battery life is an issue, you might try disabling the GPS function on your phone.
    I did, and I get an extra 10-12 hours on the battery.

Name
    Sean
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Utah Utes
    The Blackberry Pearl had turned out to be a nice phone. $199 from T-Mobile.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Asked about this before, and I went with the Samsung D807

Been hearing good things about the Sony Ericsson w810i, k790 and motorola rizr
    family has that samsung at home, younger bros tend to use the latest gadgets while im stuck on an old model, at leasts it rings and sms;thats all it matters.

that erricson is pretty good, friend has one, only reason he bought it cose it has big memory for mp3s and a good camera....

im over that needs/wants of latest gadgets, waste of money.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Thread Information