Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

First, Thank you to SpursWoman for helping fellow Spurs fans.

I think we are all here because we love the spurs, that being said I will be happy for anyone who wins the tickets. Although I hope it's me :-). I would love to be able to attend the spurs game, it would be a first for my wife and I. We have been hoping to go see a live spurs game for a couple of years but have not found the time and $. My mother inlaw is visiting this week which makes it a perfect opportunity to get away, if atleast for the one day to see our Spurs LIVE. She can help watch our boys (7mo&2yrs). It will be our mini vacation!

Best of luck to all our great spurs fans!

-jdgarza
    mcallen,tx

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was a great post mouse....i can't wait for the movie.....something about sequ in battle gear with a little sword cracks me up..... and SW, bareback rider? whoa.....

Good luck to all....and Big Thanks to those serving our country!!!

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should I win the tickets? Well, quite simply because I deserve them. I have been a spurs fan since the 1970's, I live in Laredo, Texas, where it is not easy to see the Spurs often and follow my team every night they play. I have been with the team through its ups and downs. Never rooted against them and most certainly always been for them, even when they lost! I read up on them at every chance I get, I have my office pc with the background schedule as wallpaper, a "Go Spurs Go Poster" and now even changed my cable provider to the local Time Warner just to see the Spurs play. Need I say more? Oh, and i don't like the fact that I went to the NBA store in New York City and they don't have a lot of Spurs jersey's, shorts, etc! Mostly other teams things. :o( That will change once we win a couple of more championships!!!! Go Spurs!!!!!

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Mouse used a spinner with names on it during his cut-and-paste adventure...either that or the entire population of the story was a bunch of shape-shifters...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I am not going to start off by saying that I am the biggest Spurs fan there is because everyone claims that they are the biggest fan when it comes to a contest like this one. However, I am a big Spurs fan and I have been for 16 years now. It started when I was 10 years old and there has not been another professional team that I am crazy about like the way I am about the Spurs. Whenever the Spurs lose it upsets me. There is not a game that I don't think the Spurs can't win. Every game that I have watched I have felt that the Spurs can pull it off. Even the year when Dominique Wilkins led our team in scoring, which is the last time I have had good seats to a Spurs game. I purchased a car from Brown Chevrolet that year and while I was in their offices signing the papers I glanced across the hall and saw a man who looked like the Spurs coach, which at that time was Bob Hill. Well, I mentioned that to the guy who was selling me the car. He then happened to mention it to the man who looked like Bob Hill. That man happened to be the General Manager of that dealership and was a season ticket holder. I guess he found that funny and gave me a pair of his own tickets. The tickets he gave me were great seats that were only like three rows from the floor. I will never forget that even though the Spurs lost that night. Now I have been to a few games since then, but nothing ever close to where I was sitting that night.
    I recently got married on October 23, 2004. Let me tell you that it has been a fun and crazy 2 1/2 weeks. Fun because this is my first time living with a female and living with the woman I love. Crazy because I am no longer able to spend my money on things that I really want to. I wanted to buy tickets to the Miami game because there was this special promotion here at work where you can buy $25 seats for $10, but I have had to spend my money on a new bedroom set, new mattresses, new lamps for the nightstands, a new and fake Christmas Tree, softener for laundry, a 18 pair shoe rack, and new towels. I knew marriage would be different from my single days, but never did I think I would be at Wal-Mart trying to figure out which softener is the best. Since we got back from our honeymoon we have not been on a date. Now I know its only been 2 1/2 weeks, but I am so ready to get out of the house and away from re-organizing our home. I don't know if these tickets are good and don't care, but these tickets would be a great first "marriage date" for my new bride and I. We would love to boo the giant who never wants to admit he was a San Antonio high school product and witness the Spurs hand the Miami Heat their first loss of the season if the Mavericks don't do it Thursday, which more than likely they won't. Come on! Fabric Softener???? Give me a break!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but never did I think I would be at Wal-Mart trying to figure out which softener is the best.

I go with Downy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's what we went with. I am so tired of the Michaels, Hobby Lobby's, and Garden Ridges.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being able to get two tickets to a spurs game would be great! My husband and I were unable to take our kids anywhere this summer and our kids were pretty good about being patient when we didnt' get to go anywhere. My older son who is so good - patient, makes all A's deserves to go and take his dad who has not had a vacation or break since making a career change to coaching/teaching junior high kids, and would be the two people who I (Mom) would like to send to a spurs game. My younger kids and I will cheer from home for our spurs. We are the biggest fans!!! We'll cheer our Spurs to victory from home or if possible at the game! Thank you SpursWoman for considering us! You are a
    Last edited by deespurfan; 11-10-2004 at 12:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now that all of you new posters have come out of the woodwork for free tickets, will you promise to stay and keep posting?

God don't like those who come for the prize and then ditch the scene.

New Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't sure what "lurkers" were. This is my first time posting, yes it was the 2 tickets that channeled me here. Know computer/internet somewhat, but not too proficent. Thanks, I hope I did this right. Do you all get together on this while games are going on, or do you discuss game afterwards- immediately after game, day after?? ( wanted to insert pc toss in here, don't know how)

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you want to watch the Spurs take on the Heat Friday night at the SBC Center? Now is your chance to win two tickets from SpursTalk.com!

All you have to do to enter is tell us why (in 150 words or less) YOU should be chosen to win the tickets. Our panel of judges will pick the best entry and we値l then send the winner their pair of tickets.

To enter, you値l have to first register with the SpursTalk.com forums and then all you have to do is reply to this thread with your submission.

Thank you for your participation.
    o All, I currently pay out the wahoo for child support which leaves me little to no money to do fun things with my child! My Daughter is eight years old and a Spurs fanatic! If we could go to any game it would be much Appreciated. Thanks ahead of time, Spurs dreamer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for participating in the contest. We will announce the winner(s) at 3:00pm TODAY!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you all get together on this while games are going on, or do you discuss game afterwards- immediately after game, day after??
    People are here anytime or anyday discussing the Spurs. A lot of people are in our chatroom during games as well. Please join us when you can!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, this was my first time and I have to say it won't be my last. Why wouldn't I want to chat with people who love the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go with the guy who has and 8 yr old kid. Just reminds me of me, my 7 yr daughter loves to go to games. She absolutely loves the atmosphere. I tend to go to games later in the season.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Got any Blazer tickets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do when they come here.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is 3 pm, did I win??? I hope so, so I can give the tickets to some hottie and have her be forever in my debt, ifyouknowwhatimean.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, now it is 3 pm.

I am waiting with bated breath.

New Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also waiting, got my spurs t shirt ready-

Thread Information