Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you want to watch the Spurs take on the Heat Friday night at the SBC Center? Now is your chance to win two tickets from SpursTalk.com!

All you have to do to enter is tell us why (in 150 words or less) YOU should be chosen to win the tickets. Our panel of judges will pick the best entry and we値l then send the winner their pair of tickets.

To enter, you値l have to first register with the SpursTalk.com forums and then all you have to do is reply to this thread with your submission.

Thank you for your participation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to SpursWoman for donating the tickets.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you want to watch the Spurs take on the Heat Friday night at the SBC Center? Now is your chance to win two tickets from SpursTalk.com!

All you have to do to enter is tell us why (in 150 words or less) YOU should be chosen to win the tickets. Our panel of judges will pick the best entry and we値l then send the winner their pair of tickets.

To enter, you値l have to first register with the SpursTalk.com forums and then all you have to do is reply to this thread with your submission.

Thank you for your participation.
    My girlfriend has the most impressive knowledge of the NBA and ,of course, adores the Spurs.She is driving in town from Houston,and despite the big acquisition there,still is loyal to our Spurs.Smart woman!
    She has never seen them live.This would fulfill a dream.

We have had an extremely rough go of it since the November elections.She and I are polar opposites and our strong love was tested severely as we cancelled each others votes and debated endlessly.This weekend she will be surprised by a stay at a river walk B & B with roses on the bed,chocolates under her pillow and I hope, a pair of seats for the Heat!This is our time for healing and renewing.This is the way.

Thank you and God Bless.
    Ron in Love

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My girlfriend has the most impressive knowledge of the NBA and ,of course, adores the Spurs.She is driving in town from Houston,and despite the big acquisition there,still is loyal to our Spurs.Smart woman!
    She has never seen them live.This would fulfill a dream.

We have had an extremely rough go of it since the November elections.She and I are polar opposites and our strong love was tested severely as we cancelled each others votes and debated endlessly.This weekend she will be surprised by a stay at a river walk B & B with roses on the bed,chocolates under her pillow and I hope, a pair of seats for the Heat!This is our time for healing and renewing.This is the way.

Thank you and God Bless.
    Ron in Love

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    150 words or less.
    Hmmm... I will choose less.
    Because it's my dream since ever to see NBA live in Arena. You know it is impossibilty in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been a long time fan of the San Antonio Spurs. Ever since Sean Elliot joined the team, I have been a strong supporter of the team. The team's great character and success have prompted me to like them for many years. My love for the team have made me a fanatic. I try to watch every game the Spurs play. The time they play are the highlights of my day. Further, I try to learn everythink about the Spurs, from their management to their players. Some people think i'm a little too crazy about the Spurs, but they are truely my favorite team of all sports. However, I haven't been able to go to a Spurs game. I live in northeast Tennessee so getting tickets is quite difficult. It just happens that there is no school on Friday, the day of the game. Thus, I would be able to go catch a plane to San Antonio. I would be extremely pleased and grateful if i'm selected to go see the game. If not, that is okay. It is very nice of SpursWomen to donate those tickets. Thank You.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is SW the judge?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I live in Dallas, so it's rare that I can make it down to San Antonio for a game. Free tickets would be just the thing I need to convince my wife it's worth the trip.

Which brings me to Reason #2: My wife. I have not had the success I had hoped to have in converting her to SpurFandom since our marriage 20 months ago. I would love to be able to sit down and watch a game with her without her rolling her eyes or whining that basketball is "boring." I think it would do wonders for our marriage. There is definitely potential in her... she thinks Tony Parker is really cute... and I think a trip to a live game would be just the... um... "ticket."

Finally, I bought a Spurs jersey last year that I received in the mail the day after Game 6 of the WCSF... and I haven't had a chance to wear it. I'd hate for it to collect moths.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Because if you don't give me the tickets I will kick your ass.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry Ronrun, nobody buys the cheese around here, we stand in line for it.

I hereby do promise to faithfully execute the duties and responsibilities of my position as a SpursTalk.com poster and representative. I promise to engage in intelligent game debate, usually directed at the referees and opposing players at an excessively loud volume and laced with occasional profanities while still upholding the higher than low standards set by the SpursTalk community. I promise to do my part to enhance the ability of the Spurs organization to sign quality free agents by consuming an excessive amount of overpriced fermented beverages in support of their future financial success. Finally, I offer the opportunity for a unique VBookie event as the posters of SpurtTalk.com are asked to guess the amount my bail is set at after I'm arrested for mercilessly heckling Shaq. Thank you.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    If you give me the tickets I will sell them on eBay and split the proceeds with you.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm an avid SPURS fan and can't stand it when the season is over. I'm from Austin and drive down any opportunity I get. My boyfriend is a huge Houston fan so there's always conflict in our house. I've been going to games since I was a little girl, my dad use to take us to games to see James Silas and even George Gervin. I have no problem driving from Austin just to see Americas Team and that's what I consider them to be!!! There what every athelete should model them selves by. I have nothing but respect for those guys. Even if I don't when I can promise I'll be there to cheer on my team!

Jill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free tickets? Puulleeeze.

I'll earn them. SW gets free back massages for year. Just don't tell.

I plan to lose my voice at the game, and will cheer even if we're up by double digits in the 4th. I'll cheer the janitors, I'll cheer the coyote. I'll cheer the fat guy in front of me with the low rise jeans. I won't leave early. I'll even help clean up the place. I even promise to take a poor underpriveledged spursfan with me. You see, I have this little sister, and uhm, she's sick and stuff. Diehard Spursfan though. Funny thing, doctor said she's probobaly gonna check out on Sat. morning, so uh, this is great timing.

Yes, I知 kidding,

she might not even make it to the game, but she値l have HOPE damn it! Go Spurs Go! and Godbless my fake lil sister!!!

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no bigger SPURS fan than me and my 1 year old boy. I have taught him that a great team is made up of great men and great players with morals and integrity. There are many great players in the league but few great men like David Robinson, Tim Duncan, etc. Me and my boy would truly love to see these Great Men beat the Heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...I just want to take my wife to her first Spurs game. Can't compete with Jill or Manuwannabe!

welcome to both of you!

New Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is recommended you take up a hobby when you retire. I retired from nursing about 21/2 years ago, got caught up in the playoffs and have thus made the Spurs/ basketball my hobby. My biggest regret is that I did not get to see David Robinson, The Iceman, Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson, and other great Spurs play. I bet they were awesome. Don't want to miss any more.Shaq/Wade against our "Team Dunkin"/Tony/Manu. Exciting game...

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok here we go.......................
    Being a long time Spurs fan, I try to attend as many Spurs home games that I can, although I must admit the wallet sometimes doesn't comply. Attending a Spurs game is great fun, but attending a game with family and friends make it all that more special. Am I a Spurs fanatic?? guility as charged.
    But weather I'm there live or at home I will cheer our Boys on, so in closing
    Go S P U R S Go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great responses so far, it's going to be a difficult decision.

Deadline for entries is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 12:00 noon.

needs a margarita
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! Look at all the people coming out of the woodwork!

I already have a hot date...:wink

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already have a hot date...

Oh?

I don't know....I'm glad I'm not judging. By the sound of some of these offers, I maybe tempted to give away my whole season's worth, not just the extra ones I have....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damm I wish I was going to be in sa for the weekend

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I'll bet I'm in the lead so far.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have bled silver and black since the age of 5; it's been 30 years. Due to my wife and myself working full time and then going home to work fulltime with our 2 kids we have not been able to see them in the last 2 years. We would be so greatful to be able to represent us as a forum fan at the game.

Reebok
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to receive this great donation of SpursWoman. I have been a Spurs fan since 1985, but rarely get to go to the games due to that green stuff it requires. I could go off and tell you my sob story on how these tickets would be a big lift in my spirits, but most of it is too personal to go into. I know that my 11 year old son would love to see them or even my disabled mother-in-law if she could handle it with her bad back. Ultimately, I would like to take my wife with me though if she would be interested as we could use the night out to help mend some deep wounds we have suffered together in the last week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need to win these tickets for a variety of reasons. Among the most prevalent of these reasons is that I NEED to see Shaq get dominated on his new team in person, I NEED to buy a Parker jersey, and I NEED to get the out of Victoria. My only opportunities to see a Spurs game is when they are occasionally broadcast on ESPN or TNT and that simply will not do this season. I've put up with listening to games on my headset for far too long. As soon as I win the lottery I will purchase Season Tickets front row and center, that is my plan, but until then... I shall continue to grovel and plead for tickets.

Thank you for your time,
    Pego

Thread Information