I haven't been around lately but baylor? come on man............. that hurt

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Damn, I had almost forgotten.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    they should be dropped out of the Big XII and Arkansas should come back in to the Big XII, it isn't going to happen but that would be a good deal.

take West Virginia into the ACC and give Clemson to the SEC

see it all works out

as for The Failor Bears, they would be suited more in the Mountain West or WAC or perhaps the Lone Star Conference where they can be kings again

It's 11:46...and OU STILL sucks!!!!! jalbre6's Avatar
    Post Count
    I always thought putting TCU in the Big 12 would be good. Decent sports school, money, in the region's largest media market. Arkansas leaving was the fall of the SWC, so they can go themselves along with all those other Dixie schools.

The only reason Baylor is in the Dirty Dozen is that Ann Richards wanted it to happen.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    TCU would be good, how can I forget them?
    certainly they'd at least not go in 0-5 versus the Big XII north

Post Count
    Agreed.

Baylor has won only six conference games since the Big 12 was created.

1-7 in '96
    1-7 in '97
    1-7 in '98
    0-8 in '99
    0-8 in '00
    0-8 in '01
    1-7 in '02
    1-7 in '03
    and of course the victory over A&M two weeks ago.

Rich and Smooth
    Post Count
    Are ya'll talkin' bout the same TCU team that got taken to the woodshed last night?

But then again they would be better than the 18-5A Baylor Bears!!

Post Count
    TCU is having an off year given their success in recent seasons. I would still bet they could win more than one conference game though. IMO, TCU could have beaten two of the three XII North teams Baylor has scheduled (Nebraska, Mizzou, ISU), even in this ty of a year. C-USA this year is about as good as Big 12 North.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    We'll never kick Baylor out of the B12... everyone likes a win (in all the sports).

Although when the next power shift occurs in college football, bearing out superconferences of 16 teams that make the core of DI, I think Baylor will be left behind.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    We'll never kick Baylor out of the B12... everyone likes a win (in all the sports).

Although when the next power shift occurs in college football, bearing out superconferences of 16 teams that make the core of DI, I think Baylor will be left behind.

Thank god

and good riddance to them. it just never panned out, unlike the Marshall Thundering Herd and to some extent UConn coming up from D2 football to D1

They can go be kings of the Heart Of Texas Conference

Post Count
    Marshall was very successful at the I-AA level before entering the MAC, and then just took over their first two years on board. UConn was a large state school with good sports tradition, supportive boosters, and not much of a football pedigree.

The Huskies got decent Connecticut HS players to stay in state, sold 25K season tickets, and hired a damn good coach in Randy Edsall. The state government has a hard-on for UConn sports too, so the program got a pretty new stadium and lots of funding thanks to the hoop teams (the women bring in a lot of cash, sort of a reverse le IX). Then they lucked out when Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College decided to set sail for the ACC, especially when the Canes and the Hokies fled early. With those three gone, it will become an annual three-team race between UConn, WVU, and either Louisville or Syracuse, depending on who steps up each year.

In comparison, Baylor typically sells about 11-12K of season tickets. A couple more schools to think about replacing Baylor: Colorado State or New Mexico. Thoughts?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Oklahoma State 49
    Baylor 21

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200411130025

Christ this is embarrassing, constantly i've never seen this team lose maybe 21-19 or something like 17-14

These poor sons of es are ALWAYS getting at LEAST 49 Points ALWAYS dropped on them, how sad...
    They need to be removed out of the conference on the basis of being humane, its going to get to the point to where some of their players are going to start getting killed. I guess once they start carting off Dead Bears off the field they'll know.
    Jesus Christ, for the love of humanity bring in someone else that can remain Competetive, in the BCS Rankings a sorry cup cake like this will hurt you and possibly cost you a shot at a major bowl or a le. now OU has to beat them up next week by at least 50pts or more to leap frog Auburn after their convincing win today.

i'm telling you those poor bas s are going to start getting killed up there.

Thread Information