http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...282EF387062A69

Then there is Lee, and let's be honest here:

Sure, this kid has some intriguing qualities and has already flashed some skills worthy of earning more playing time. But it's not as if the Cowboys are keeping Barry Sanders on the bench.
I really hate this guy sometimes b/c he's such a homer. Sure, Rashard Lee isn't Barry Sanders. But it's like we have Barry Sanders out on the field either. We couldn't do worse with Rashard in there over George. George has done nothing to stay in there.

He comes in with fresh legs to make a few nice runs here and there. And this reminds me more of Troy Hambrick when he was spelling Emmitt Smith in 2001 and 2002 - and oh yeah, in 2004 again. But then make him the 16-game starter as the Cowboys did last year and suddenly the undrafted running back out of Savannah State emerges. Diminishing returns set in.
I totally disagree. I never liked the idea of replacing Troy Hambrick over Emmitt Smith. At the time, I didn't think Troy Hambrick could be a starter, even with his success as a backup. And it's not like Emmitt was as dog awful as George is. At least Emmitt had some big games. There haven't been any by George. NONE. With Rashard out there, at least we can see what we have before Julius Jones comes back. We have a lot question marks at running back and if Benson is available to us. I'd really like to know if Running Back is a serious need for us. We're not gonna learn jack if George is taking all the carries and gaining one yard a pop.

I think Rashard deserves a chance to show us what he has. There is something about him that I didn't think Hambrick had when he was backing up Emmitt. Rashard Lee has a better feel for running into the LOS, he can shed tacklers better and definately has better vision than hambrick did. My only question is his durability. I don't take him as a fumbler but I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement on that either. But there is no doubt in my mind, we have nothing to lose by putting him out there over George. Rashard should play.

Now after a month of wondering why Lee hasn't received more playing time, Parcells finally came clean on Monday, saying he simply doesn't trust the first-year back in all phases of the game.

The media doesn't watch practice, at least not anything past stretching and some thrilling walk-through drills.

But we don't see what Parcells is talking about when it comes to his lack of trust in Lee's blocking. In fact, the coach said anytime he doesn't have the ball in his hands he's a liability.

"I thought he was headed along but when I watch him practice, it's hard to put him in there," Parcells said of Lee. "Now, I'm hopeful for him that he can still come along. This is a guy that has trouble paying attention to other details besides running the ball. Now that's the best way I can explain in a nice way. I really am. I'm trying to be as candid as I can. When he's not returning the ball on kickoffs, he's a liability, not an asset.

"The most pertinent thing to his position . . . if you're a running back in this league and you cannot pass protect, or you do not look like you can follow the blitz scheme well, you can't play."

And that's probably why Lee hasn't been playing.

Now Parcells' reasoning certainly won't satisfy the fast-growing members of the ReShard Lee Fan Club, which likely added a few supporters Sunday with Eddie George and Richie Anderson struggling to gain yards and Lee rushing for 38 yards in mop-duty late in the game.

But it doesn't appear Parcells is in the club.
I can buy that. But at what point do we sacrifice our running game to protect the passer. Can't he find a way to add another blocker and leak Rashard out of the backfield? I'm sure he could find a way. AT this point, George isn't winning any more playing time. At the very least, I'd like Rashard getting some carries when the game matters. He should be really the first guy off the bench to give Eddie a blow. Obviously on passing downs Richie Anderson should be in there but man, I really wish they could find a way to get Lee in there for some meaningful snaps.