My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' "soft" loss on Sunday night in Seattle had this place stirring and flooded with criticism of the Spurs' lack of physicality.

The Seattle SuperSonics deserve major props for the way they continue to play as a unit. As I watched part of the Sonics/Kings tilt last night, I was reminded of that same confidence, extra effort and team D that Seattle had exhibited Sunday night.

They press and make entering an offense very labored, with Ridenour and Daniels in particular. Then, as the ball goes to the wing or is entered into the post, the Sonics sag into sort of a hybrid 1-3-1. Evans and Fortson really go after that ball and the whole team seems to be committed to defense.

On offense, the guards and wings do a lot of screens for each other with the first open shot, no matter how early, being their best shot. They are stroking it with confidence...and with Reggie Evans, Danny Fortson, and Nick Collison efforting every carom, and Fortson's knack of drawing major FT opportunities, they are very good right now.

Injuries happen and chemestry can be fragile with teams on a roll like this, so things could go south in a hurry. So far, however, Seattle joins Toronto and Utah as one of the surprise teams in this young NBA season.

I'm impressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, they've won four games in a row. They've looked really good in doing so. The probably have more good three point shooters than anyone else in the league. So far they are living by the three and good, physical play.

Eventually though, their shooting will come back down to earth and they'll settle into a 34-48 record by season's end.
    Last edited by timvp; 11-11-2004 at 12:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually though, their shooting will come back down to earth and they'll settle into a 34-48 record by season's end.
    Exactly what I been thinking. I would bet money they don't win over 35 even if completely healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have gotten some great guard play, and they should be able to score with Allen and Rashard and Vlade on the wings.

IMO, they are one quality post player away from a playoff spot. The don't have any inside post presence on offense, and that's what they need.

Some thought Collison could fill that role, but he's playing in what essentially is his rookie season. If they could secure a decent big with some offensive game, they would be a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team play can overcome a lack of individual talent. As long as they continue to play like this, they will continue to succeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They remind me of the Wolves of a couple of years ago when they terrorized everyone out of the gate with that zone with KG at the top. Eventually, teams saw enough of it, and solved it.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Fortson is playing possessed, I don't see them slowing down.

Thread Information