Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Apparently it's not that difficult to get HPV, either ... considering the staggaring number of cases of it.

Isn't it an STD?

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep. But it's an STD that's been determined to be the cause of 70% of the cases of cervical cancer. Something herpes can't boast of, that I'm aware of.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I believe it stems from the herpes virus, but like SW said, there are a LOT of cases...I had never heard of it before, then I started hearing radio ads about the subject, and never realized how big a problem it was becoming. I agree with the point about long-term effects though, it would be awful to learn about something happening to these women 20+ years down the road because of it.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And men can be infected with HPV too.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yep. But it's an STD that's been determined to be the cause of 70% of the cases of cervical cancer. Something herpes can't boast of, that I'm aware of.

So, it is a little harder to get than polio.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't give a rats ass if he makes enough money to buy a luxury penthouse in ... but I've heard good things about the vaccine and I'd rather have my daughter protected. And if it's mandatory, insurance will cover it or you can get it at the WIC clinic for $5.

Just like I would rather them not contract polio, hepa is, mumps, measles & tetanus. But I guess I'm just not a super-cool, livin' on the edge kind of girl. God, it sucks to want your kids to be healthy.

Like you don't use any products whatsoever that people ultimately profit by from your purchases.

X 564654632135465.
    You missed the point
    a) I have a choice who i give my money to
    b) i guess it deserves another roll eyes x 2302342432423 that none of you find it creepy or discomforting that a tail of substances is going to be forced into the veins of human beings and it is going to be processed by a single company...
    what if a processing lab makes a mistake? What if they aren't totally complying with all regulations? Who gives a , they have no compe ion (for that particular tail)

you guys see the word "vaccine" and think its some kind of fairy that is going to weild its wand and make all the bad things go away but the fact is it is made by fellow humans and when a company has no compe ion for a particular product its only natural that the quality is not going to be top notch, compared to a scenario where they were forced to be 100% dead on bad asses by compe ion

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You also are talking as if a vaccine is 100% composed of anti-viral agents

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    AND its a ing STD which makes it all the more laughable that we're giving the vaccine to children

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    So you're not going to vaccinate your daughter?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think vaccines under the sole control of a single company are a recipe for disaster in terms of quality control, especially when you realize how much of this they will be making.

30 seconds longer here, a drop more there, who gives a we have no compe ion and we have a deadline to meet

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You know how early kids have sex now? That part's not laughable at all.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you guys see the word "vaccine" and think its some kind of fairy that is going to weild its wand and make all the bad things go away but the fact is it is made by fellow humans and when a company has no compe ion for a particular product its only natural that the quality is not going to be top notch, compared to a scenario where they were forced to be 100% dead on bad asses by compe ion
    Kind of like when you guys see the word "Republican", your eyes glaze over and you start foaming at the mouth, right?

So if I'm dying of cancer and only one company has come up with a cure that will save me, I should just tell them to off because Can't Be Faded thinks I'd be getting bent-over by The Man?

Whatever, dude. Call me Guinea.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    So you're going to home-school your children so they don't have to be given vaccines?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "polio vaccine"

a bad early batch killed almost 200 people and gave polio to a few 100 more. There were no mass communications then other than radio and newspapers, which were "read only". Sure, polio vaccine has been a huge success, but tell that to the families of the dead and paralyzed vaccine victims. you wanna go first?

There's much more info around now, including person-to-person "horizontally" rather than just send-down vertically from the media, and plenty of experience where bad products kill or sicken people. Medical errors kill 100K/year. Tainted food kills 5000, sickens 75 MILLION/year. Extreme reticence and skepticism is much more intelligent than trust. Look at the controversy around autism and mercury in vaccines, etc, etc.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I repeatedly tell my 14 year old that he better not be making me a grandmother any time in the near future.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    "polio vaccine"

a bad early batch killed almost 200 people and gave polio to a few 100 more. There were no mass communications then other than radio and newspapers, which were "read only". Sure, polio vaccine has been a huge success, but tell that to the families of the dead and paralyzed vaccine victims. you wanna go first?

There's much more info around now, including person-to-person "horizontally" rather than just send-down vertically from the media, and plenty of experience where bad products kill or sicken people. Medical errors kill 100K/year. Tainted food kills 5000, sickens 75 MILLION/year. Extreme reticence and skepticism is much more intelligent than trust. Look at the controversy around autism and mercury in vaccines, etc, etc.
    Just don't go to University Hospital when your daughter gets HPV and cervical cancer and be a drain on my tax dollars, okay?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Kind of like when you guys see the word "Republican", your eyes glaze over and you start foaming at the mouth, right?

So if I'm dying of cancer and only one company has come up with a cure that will save me, I should just tell them to off because Can't Be Faded thinks I'd be getting bent-over by The Man?

Whatever, dude. Call me Guinea.
    See what i mean...you see the word vaccine, all of a sudden this is a cure for someone in the midst of cancer?

Okay, take me to this world of vaccine fairies, and I will be happy too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    See what i mean...you see the word vaccine, all of a sudden this is a cure for someone in the midst of cancer?

Okay, take me to this world of vaccine fairies, and I will be happy too.
    So what would you propose for these girls coming down with HPV and cervical cancer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

If the unthinkable happens and I end up having kids one day I am pretty ing confident I will be able to raise them in a way to prevent them from having sex at the age of 11

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "polio vaccine"

And how many vaccinated kids don't have autisim?

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I repeatedly tell my 14 year old that he better not be making me a grandmother any time in the near future.

Yeah, and I just recently found out that my 11 year old daughter and the 14 year old boy down the street like each other. Great, huh?

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If the unthinkable happens and I end up having kids one day I am pretty ing confident I will be able to raise them in a way to prevent them from having sex at the age of 11
    Yeah, good luck with that

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A+ on the re comment.

I wonder how many people in the history of planet Earth have said, "Well my kids won't smoke/ /drink/do stupid because I will raise them right"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So what would you propose for these girls coming down with HPV and cervical cancer?

No Johnny, I would propose we let the glorious system of free enterprise hook these chicks up with a vaccine, instead of letting Mr. Republican give sole rights to a single company.

But overall I am against vaccines in general, and if I have kids they will take the ones that government forces them to take, just like any other person in this free country.

Thread Information