Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    A+ on the re comment.

I wonder how many people in the history of planet Earth have said, "Well my kids won't smoke/ /drink/do stupid because I will raise them right"

Its funny because all you really have to do to prevent your kid from becoming what you see on tv is to keep them from watching tv

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If the unthinkable happens and I end up having kids one day I am pretty ing confident I will be able to raise them in a way to prevent them from having sex at the age of 11
    And not that I would ever wish this, CBF, but God forbid your daughter was raped by someone who had this STD.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    No Johnny, I would propose we let the glorious system of free enterprise hook these chicks up with a vaccine, instead of letting Mr. Republican give sole rights to a single company.
    So if Chris Bell or Kinky signed this, it'd be okay.

But overall I am against vaccines in general, and if I have kids they will take the ones that government forces them to take, just like any other person in this free country.
    But, but...Gov. Good Hair's donors are making money!

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its funny because all you really have to do to prevent your kid from becoming what you see on tv is to keep them from watching tv
    And keep them away from every other child who watches tv.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A+ on the re comment.

I wonder how many people in the history of planet Earth have said, "Well my kids won't smoke/ /drink/do stupid because I will raise them right"

Before I became a parent, I would always say when I saw a kid misbaving or whatever, "My kid will NEVER do/act like that!"

I changed my tune real fast. Now I just laugh cuz BTDT.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And keep them away from every other child who watches tv.
    Ridiculous. Only a republican would take away those kind of freedoms.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well naturally S y that would suck. And yes god forbid. But like i said, if i had a youngin, she'd take the vaccine like the government makes me, so its not like im starting a rebellion. But you better bet that I would tell the young girl that what was being injected into her veins was not a group of tiny magical creatures that prevent her from getting sick and will make all bad things go away.

Education is step one and me trying to talk to you will never work because you don't realize how easy it is to up a vaccine, compounded by a single company with a monopoly, its a recipe for disaster.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    See what i mean...you see the word vaccine, all of a sudden this is a cure for someone in the midst of cancer?

Okay, take me to this world of vaccine fairies, and I will be happy too.

Yep, in my happy fairy land, it's ridiculous to blow off a vaccine that can be extremely beneficial just because no one else has come up with it yet, because someone might be making a lot of money off of my good health. Those bas s.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So if Chris Bell or Kinky signed this, it'd be okay.

But, but...Gov. Good Hair's donors are making money!

But chris bell would have never signed that johnny so your rhetorical question is meaningless, plus if a democrat ever did this i would feel the same way---your ing assumptions make you look like such a jack ass

im not hardcore liberal im ing against big brother, i dont konw how to put it simple to someone on such a different wave length

did i ever say i was going to start some kind of vaccine rebellion
    in my opinion education is the first step to anything and i was just stating the opinion that 1) vaccines arent the magical savior you think they are and 2) any object produced by a monopoly is not going to be top quality and this applied to a pharmaceutical is like an extreme of that

"but but but
    let me use my wit to reply to this one!! im witty!"
    try to read mr editor

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Well naturally S y that would suck. And yes god forbid. But like i said, if i had a youngin, she'd take the vaccine like the government makes me, so its not like im starting a rebellion. But you better bet that I would tell the young girl that what was being injected into her veins was not a group of tiny magical creatures that prevent her from getting sick and will make all bad things go away.

Education is step one and me trying to talk to you will never work because you don't realize how easy it is to up a vaccine, compounded by a single company with a monopoly, its a recipe for disaster.
    Well, but nobody's saying it's some magic cure. They're saying it greatly reduces the chances of girls getting sick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    But for 1 CBF to point out that vaccines are prone to being crap and like 5 other spurstalkers to talk to me as if im an idiot proves the point that me saying that some think its a "magical cure" is not far from the truth

they're drugs
    they're made in labs
    by humans
    under supervision of humans
    working for a company with no compe ion
    if we all took a second to realize this maybe it wouldn't be so easy for Mr Republican to give this right to one company and everyone go to sleep thinking the vaccine fairy is going to solve their worries

i guess this is pointless, im out

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1) vaccines arent the magical savior you think they are and

I think you're wrong.

My children have had, what? 20 shots each? And neither one of them, in ten whole years, has ever contracted what they were vaccinated for. Even chicken pox, and he's been exposed to them several times, even.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think you're wrong.

My children have had, what? 20 shots each? And neither one of them, in ten whole years, has ever contracted what they were vaccinated for. Even chicken pox, and he's been exposed to them several times, even.

Im not going to post on spurstalk what is inside a vaccine, if you don't believe vaccines are a magical cure, you'll look that up yourself. If you do believe so, then chances are you wont.

This whole ebb and flow is like a microcosm of any time someone like me posts about something and points out something wrong. You see me as Mr. Liberal just because i point out the wrongs of Mr Republican. You answer my quesitons with no intention on really giving what I say a critical consideration. Why does it have to be so god damn black and white?
    Its hopeless.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Someone like you? Did I miss something, what makes you so special and different?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Not to ruin a good argument or anything...

Texas allows parents to opt out of inoculations by filing an affidavit stating that he or she objected to the vaccine for religious or philosophical reasons.

Actually CBF, you sound pretty conservative, about raising your daughter I mean. TV, friends, all that. Sounds way way over to the right actually. Could you pull that off even if you wanted too?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So you're going to home-school your children so they don't have to be given vaccines?

It can be dinied for "religious" reasons

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This only protects against the 4 particular strains of HPV that are causative for cervical cancer. It does NOT protect against the other strains of HPV- like ones that can cause warts. Do NOT let yourself think it protects against all forms of HPV.

As for your chicken pox vaccine- you might want to check into a second one. Lots of kids are contracting it 10 years after the shot.
    Last edited by ploto; 02-02-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Maybe you should start a revolution then, CBF, rather than just hope and pray somebody does it for you.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As for your chicken pox vaccine- you might want to check into a second one. Lots of kids are contracting it less than 10 years after the shot.

There's a second one? My daughter got chicken pox before she was old enough for the shot, but my son was able to get it ... and I didn't realize he needed a second one. Thanks for the heads up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Someone like you? Did I miss something, what makes you so special and different?

Again, my point is proved.

I just mean someone who points out something wrong and is labelled as 'liberal' by this board.

Whottt, i dont konw if i am liberal or conservative but i know if i ever have children i would never ever let them watch television, i have decided that like years ago

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Maybe you should start a revolution then, CBF, rather than just hope and pray somebody does it for you.
    I can't because I obviously do a ty job at getting my ideas out in a non threatening way, much less convincing people to change their minds about something.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not even Sesame Street?

Never say never, CBF. I'm sure most of us thought that way once too. But damn if Sesame Street didn't give me some time to take a shower or just some 'me' time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A new recommendation for a chickenpox booster shot from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) should help to further decrease chickenpox infections.

The ACIP is now recommending that children get a second dose of the chickenpox vaccine when they are four to six years old. Older children and adults should also get a second dose.

This second dose has been showed to provide increased protection to vaccinated children.

As ACIP recommendations are generally accepted by the CDC, American Academy of Pediatrics, and American Academy of Family Physicians, you can look for this Varivax booster shot to soon become part of the routine childhood and adolescent immunization schedule.

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/immun...pox_update.htm
    Last edited by ploto; 02-02-2007 at 11:04 PM.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wish they had this vaccine when I was a kid. I got chicken pox when I was 22 and it was NOT fun.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Not even Sesame Street?

Never say never, CBF. I'm sure most of us thought that way once too. But damn if Sesame Street didn't give me some time to take a shower or just some 'me' time.

I think he is refering to those shows where the young girls do stupid , realease an album, then become a super before the age of 17. Most shows have no educational value whatsoever, and pretty much glorify materialism. At least the shows in our time had PSAs

Thread Information