Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I agree with a lot of people on a lot of , Im against hate speech legislation/fairness doctorine and I think the US should get out of the UN. Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul are people that I admire. I just dont think this vaccine and MOST vaccines are good for anyone

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just dont thing this vaccine is good for anyone

How come?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    they contain mercury and make people sick, there are many many stories from around the world in which governments have experimented and poisened their own with "vaccines", plus its not proven to work and its long term effects are unknown

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    they contain mercury and make people sick, there are many many stories from around the world in which governments have experimented and poisened their own with "vaccines", plus its not proven to work and its long term effects are unknown
    There is no thimerosal or mercury in the HPV vaccine.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fair enough ... then don't get it.

Here's yet another story about vaccinations to add to your repertoire:

When I was 5 ... waaaaaay back in 1976, we moved to Kenya where we were supposed to live for 2 years because of my dad's job. I don't know what it's like to go to a foreign country now, but way back then we had to get probably 20 different vaccinations before we could go. Another one we had to take by pill (not by shot) once a week or something for our entire stay there was for malaria. My older sister who was 15 at the time, the free-spirited hippie...refused to take it. She'd take every other freaking kind of drug available but that. Well, for her efforts she ended up contracting malaria and was deathly ill for several months. And while she was in the house, as contagious as it is, none of us (who took the vaccine) ever got it. The doctors are strongly convinced that the malaria may have caused the weakening of her heart, and she passed away a couple of weeks after her "recovery".

So, yeah, I support vaccinations. Most emphatically.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There is no thimerosal or mercury in the HPV vaccine.
    I don't trust that, thats just me i guess, but look at the history of governments and drug companies and mercury levels. They have never done anything to earn anyones trust. yeah naturally ive taken vaccines and again its not mandatory, but do you think theyll make it less mandatory in the future??, how long will we have it if it is proven unsafe one day? is this cancer vaccine ever going away?, no its here from now on. are other states going to do the same thing. yes they are. It comes and some of yall welcome it in the name of children and health

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I agree with a lot of people on a lot of , Im against hate speech legislation/fairness doctorine and I think the US should get out of the UN. Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul are people that I admire. I just dont think this vaccine and MOST vaccines are good for anyone

LMAO...that's pretty funny.

Seriously though...your boy CBF stopped just short of saying he was going ban his daughter from wearing pants and pre-arranging her marriage.

He was espousing strict control over what she watches and who and when she dates, he was championing abstienence, free enterprise, free market, reduced govt intrusion, isolationism, even a bit of misogny, the basic pillars of conservatism and capitalism ...it was like he turned into Bill O'Reilly right before our eyes.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Let's give it the real test...

CBF, if someone rapes your daughter inspite of your best laid plans, and gives her HPV, among other things...what will you do to the guy should you get your hands on him?

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    CBF, if someone rapes your daughter inspite of your best laid plans, and gives her HPV, among other things...what will you do to the guy should you get your hands on him?

Give him the death penalty, of course.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    SW, sorry to hear about your sister

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Go cancer!

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    AUSTIN (AP) -- Gov. Rick Perry ordered Friday that schoolgirls in Texas must be vaccinated against the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer, making Texas the first state to require the shots.
    It's being done as a free service in some European countries, too, while others are deciding about making it completely free at the moment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I'm this ing close to putting Mookie on ignore. I'm tired of his idiotic ramblings that are based off never never land thinking. It is so damn frustrating to see a rational explanation by Jess on why the numbers are low and to have him follow up with a post that is nothing ore than .007 as if those .007 don't have lives that can be saved by this vaccine.

If Mookie doesn't want to take this, or if he doesn't want any in his care to take it, then so be it but I don't understand his mocking of something that can help eliminate a threat to women. It doesn't make any god damn sense to me. And I don't give a if someone gets rich over it, because someone SHOULD get rich from it. You can point at Vioxx but there are a ton of drugs that save or help people out there today. I'd be the first to say that this country is over medicated but a vaccination is diferent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The best reason for making this "mandatory" is to give free access to it for many people. Thats a of a liberal thing to do for our Republican governor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    but I don't understand his mocking of something that can help eliminate a threat to women.
    Message board activism.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    how am I mocking manny? you got the number wrong too, just because jekka knows women who have had cervical cancer it offends you somehow that I question vaccines?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Let's give it the real test...

alright alright, if i had a daughter yes i would be sad if she got raped
    but i would be alot sadder if she had got raped and had contracted HPV

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    there is no malaria vaccine. you were on a prophylactic

That's just semantics ... a drug to prevent something is a drug to prevent something ... it had to be ingested into the body and bloodstream to be effective. Because walking around with big body-rubbers on wasn't very convenient.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd be the first to say that this country is over medicated but a vaccination is diferent.
    that makes as much sense as being almost pregnant. they're the same if you don't split too many hairs.

Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was trying to cut and paste something, but the links were acting right.

http://evil opia.blogspot.com/2007/01/gardasil.html

This should put out some fires here and start some more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    that makes as much sense as being almost pregnant. they're the same if you don't split too many hairs.
    Do you even understand how vaccines work?

Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn, this just gets better and better.

------------------------------------------------

Vaccine center issues warning
    By Gregory Lopes
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    February 3, 2007

The National Vaccine Information Center yesterday warned state officials to investigate the safety of a breakthrough cancer vaccine as Texas became the first state to make the vaccine mandatory for school-age girls.

Negative side effects of Gardasil, a new Merck vaccine to prevent the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer, are being reported in the District of Columbia and 20 states, including Virginia. The reactions range from loss of consciousness to seizures.

“Young girls are experiencing severe headaches, dizziness, temporary loss of vision and some girls have lost consciousness during what appear to be seizures,” said Vicky Debold, health policy analyst for the National Vaccine Information Center, a nonprofit watchdog organization that was created in the early 1980s to prevent vaccine injuries.

Following federal approval of the vaccine in July 2006, a storm of legislation was introduced across the nation that would make the vaccine mandatory in schools. The District and Virginia are part of a group of at least 17 states considering such legislation. A measure had been introduced in Maryland, but it was shelved last week over concerns about the mandatory language in the bill.

Yesterday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry signed an order making Texas the first state to require the vaccine. Girls ages 11 and 12 would receive the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine before entering the sixth grade starting in September 2008.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I was trying to cut and paste something, but the links were acting right.

http://evil opia.blogspot.com/2007/01/gardasil.html

This should put out some fires here and start some more.
    There's nothing on that blog that I hadn't already read when researching it.

Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you even understand how vaccines work?
    No. I didn't go to school and I don't pretend that I have. I'm imagining you have being that you asked that way. They both treat disease. Vaccine is a quick boost and medication is long term. Like I said, if you don't split too many hairs they are basically the same.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    You have no idea how a vaccine works according to your last post. It has nothing to do with a quick boost. Go read about a vaccine then come back and try comparing it to medication. They are NO where near the same.

Thread Information