Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    HPV is no joke.

Compulsion of this nature is abhorrent nonetheless.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Remember when this thread first started?

And every self-admitted republican voting woman on this forum said they were rushing their little girls to the clinic?

I think there's like four pages of Manny ripping into mookie sideways too it's pretty classic stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    at least you don't have to worry about testicular cancer pego
    Right, it doesn't run in my family. How did you know?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hey, Maalox and all you people who trust BigPharma blindly, have your 15-minute memories have already expired:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...d-reasons.aspx

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Perry is an idiot.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hey, Maalox and all you people who trust BigPharma blindly, have your 15-minute memories have already expired:

Sorry, but I don't bother to look at anything that links to anything "mercola" because I already know there will be no cites or links to the "scientific" studies it will reference.

And as far as me trusting BigPharma blindly, I really have to wonder how you can make that claim. I can't see a single post in this thread where I have alluded to/said/implied that I am going to give my daughter this vaccine because BigPharma and the gov't said I should and that they are right to mandate it. I can only guess that "mercola" told you I felt that way, so it must be correct.

In actuality, I held off for 2 years because of my own misgivings. In that time I have spoken to professionals, non professionals, and have actually read for myself many scientific studies pro and con. And I never found any answer that I trusted completely. But what made me follow thru with it ended up to be living across my street. A young, beautiful family whose world has been turned upside down by HPV. A nurse pracitioner with cervical cancer who died at age 32 and her husband, a clinical psychologist with rectal cancer both linked directly to her HPV. And a 2 year old daughter and a 5 year old daughter. I know very well the risks involved with all medical treatments and procedures; and although I also know those risks are not the same for everybody and no one should be forced to take them, we all have to do what we think is the right thing. I made an educated decision and I'm fine with it.

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines

You're seriously citing Mercola like it's some sort of Holy Grail??

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Having gone through losing my son to premature birth caused by cervical incompetence (not related to precancerous lesions or HPV), I have to wonder how many other women are affected by HPV-related cervical issues that don't result in cancer.

The effect to fertility can be devastating when cone biopsies or LEEP procedures have to be done to watch precancerous cells or remove them. Cerclages can save pregnancies for a lot of women, but cervical incompetency is usually diagnosed after a second trimester loss. And even in situations where women are monitored closely, the funneling and dilation can develop rapidly.

Preventing that is an indirect side-effect, but no less important.

So seeing the situation develop as it has over the last three years leaves me with mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Classic.

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get into this thread until its midpoint.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're seriously citing Mercola like it's some sort of Holy Grail??
    So you think Mercola's position is pulled out of his ass?

That it's not based on many negative reports about this ty vaccine (they're not all ty), about the history of how frequently fined Merck and other BigPharma drug pushers corrupt their own studies, and corrupt docs to push their crap, and his own knowledge of other approaches to resisting HPV?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Dear Reader,

In 2006, when I first told you about Gardasil, the only danger we knew for sure was the danger of wasting your money on an overpriced vaccine that might not even work

Even then, the medical mainstream knew that this human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine offered--at BEST--incomplete protection from cervical cancer.

Within a year, everything changed. Three girls had died after receiving Gardasil shots, and about 1,600 adverse reactions had been reported to the FDA.

People started calling me crazy when I sounded the battle cry and told them "Do not get the Gardasil shot for your daughters. " The Gardasil defenders certainly weren't worried. They chalked those deaths up to coincidence and moved on.

But more "coincidental" deaths and adverse reaction reports continued to mount, year after year.

Today the death toll is 89 and the adverse reaction reports number more than 21,000!

Over the past five years, thousands have been hospitalized and hundreds are disabled with symptoms that include seizures, muscle spasms, paralysis, lupus, pelvic pain, joint pain, extreme weight loss, vision loss, hair loss, enlarged liver, migraines, painful menstruation, and slurred speech.

So, at what point does all this cross the line from "coincidence" to public health crisis?

Clearly we're already there. And I hate to think of how many deaths the FDA will require before they do anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Pulling focus
    -----------------------------------------------------------

In 2007, I was standing alone on my soapbox when I called out the FDA to take action and protect young women from the Gardasil vaccine.

Today the soapbox is pretty crowded.

In fact, one adverse reaction case in particular may finally push the Gardasil controversy into the mainstream spotlight.

When 18-year-old Donielle Richardson suffered long-range side effects after one injection of Gardasil, her family was stunned to discover how many other young girls had been victimized by this hazardous vaccine.

Donielle's brothers--Ryan and David Richardson--were so disturbed by their sister's experience that they wanted to do something to make people aware of Gardasil's grave risks.

They've now started work on a Gardasil do entary led "One More Girl"--a twist on Merck's "One Less Girl to get Cervical Cancer" advertising campaign.

When finished, "One More Girl" will explore the unique impact that Gardasil adverse events have on young victims and their families.

For instance, the Richardsons found that many doctors are reluctant to treat post-Gardasil patients. Those docs don't want to buck the system (or anger Merck?) with any sort of acknowledgment that the vaccine might cause serious health issues.

In other words, doctors may actually be helping Merck keep news of Gardasil risks from getting out to the general public.

And that's why a film like "One More Girl" is so urgent--and long overdue.

You can watch a short preview of the film on a website (onemoregirlfilm.com) the Richardson brothers have set up to raise money for production costs.

Meanwhile, there's still room on the soapbox and you can help. Tell your family and friends, because whenever someone finds out about the realities of Gardasil , we're one step closer to where we want to be: Getting this dangerous and unnecessary vaccine taken off the market.

...and another thing

If you're hiding your daughters from the Gardasil marketing machine, don't forget to hide your sons as well.

Two years ago, the FDA approved Gardasil for use in boys and men, ages nine through 26, to help prevent genital warts. Merck also claims that vaccinated boys MIGHT be less likely to pass on HPV to girls.

Of course, Merck's emphasis is still on girls and over-the-top claims about cervical cancer "prevention." But I noticed that the pitch on the Gardasil website has been refashioned as "One Less Person," to include boys.

But will boys be just as vulnerable to Gardasil dangers as girls are?

We now have an answer. And it's not good. More than 300 adverse reports now involve boys. Several have been hospitalized and two have died.

Two.

In a few years, I'm afraid that number will be closer to 89.

To Your Good Health,

Jenny Thompson
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Man, who would have ever thought? Who??!?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    don't blame or argue with women in this thread, guys.

women, or more specifically...mothers, behave in illogical ways when it comes to their children. motherly instincts kick in and logic goes out the window, if they think it can protect their child, they will do it. so don't blame them.

anyway, 89 deaths, right? out of how many vaccines administered? millions?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    1 death directly caused by the vaccine is too many

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    1 death directly caused by the vaccine is too many
    people die of complications all the time.

even by "normal" things like tylenol.

if millions of people are using it and it's fine, and only a few dozen get complications, then the drug is fine.....

i am with you though, that MANDATING this sort of thing should be uncons utional. this is not a plague that could threaten a population or community.....this should NOT be forced.

let's say you are the parent of one of the unlucky few that happens to have complications with the vaccine. oh well too bad for you? that's ed up. mandating vaccine's should only be done when the disease is a potential threat to a larger population through transmission, etc....

and by the way, HPV is quite common. almost everyone will be infected with it at one point in their lives, and some don't even know about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    thanks for recapping the thread

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The early pages of this thread are both dumb and fascinating.

You have spurs talk liberals being anti-vaxx, influenced by the Alex Jones conspiracy horse crap, spurstalk older white conservatives being pro-FDA and pro-vaxx
    I wonder if the old ST richers are still pro vax and totally believe the FDA
    Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 09-16-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 09-16-2020 at 11:15 AM. Reason: double

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This thread is waaay too long for me to go through, but I nominally agree with the AAP. If this vaccine has not gone through the full range normal rigorous safety and long-term effects testing, then it's too early for politicians to be making the decision to make it mandatory.

I do find it curious that, in line of his stances on other issues of sexual education, Rick Perry would choose to support this particular initiative.

It's interesting to see the reactions, both pro and con, to the acceptance of not-fully-proven vaccines, as opposed to the 30-some-odd years it took to finally get a proven idea like water fluoridation to come to San Antonio.
    This post wins the thread imo fwiw tbh, just keep bumping this comment every 10 years lmao

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No way I'll ever agree with a mandatory vaccine for a disease contracted by a person's life choices.
    If you want to really help everyone, why not ban alcohol, cigarettes, fast food, and sugar.
    You'll save infinitely more lives doing that than by mandating a vaccine for an avoidable and treatable disease.

Thread Information