Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Walton said he once played Larry Bird one on one to 11 in Larrys driveway. Larry let Bill take the ball out first...."Bill said this is a huge mistake" to Larry. He said Larry you better take it out first......Larry refused and so the game began. Bill was much taller than Larry and he was scoring at will in the post. Bill finally was up 10-0 and felt bad about totally dominating Larry and not even allowing Larry to have one shot up to this point. Bill offered the ball to Larry and said "Ok....C'mon take it out.......Im at least going to give you a chance" Larry Bird said OK and took the ball and started his offensive onslaught...............11 STRAIGHT unanswered points by Larry Bird and he beat Bill Walton 11-10. LMAO!!!! Bill Walton was pissed and said he KNEW better not to give Larry Bird any kind of help or advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your Point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your Point?

Does there have to be one????

If there must.....just shows what kind of compe or Larry Bird was......and obviously what kind of shooter.

Actually that IS the point.....Bill was saying that Larry Bird was the fiercest compe or he had played against.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the moral of the story is no matter how good defensively a player is, a bigger guy will always beat him. AND Bill Walton sucks at defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just busting your Balls.

It would be cool to hear similar SPURS Stories!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Walton was probably high at the time, Larry offered him a brownie and Bill got distracted....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bird beat Walton in a 1 on 1 game?! No way!

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill got OWNED.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just busting your Balls.

I remember after clinching the '03 le in game 6 in SA, Stephen Jackson was at the microphone in the postgame interview session. Some reporter asked him about Manu's game, and he said something like, "Man, all I know is that's the only guy I've ever seen make 3 shots in a row from underneath the other basket."

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    fascinating....

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wgaf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Bird was one of my favorite players growing up- him, Robert Parish, and Kevin Mchale. My dad was a Celtic fan.

I enjoyed the story. Thank you for posting it.

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Just busting your Balls.

There was this time D-Rob and Tim Duncan were playing one on one and then Tim tried to shave with foam and D-Rob said "not in my neighborhood." Then they had a big debate on whether the gnomes were out or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was this time D-Rob and Tim Duncan were playing one on one and then Tim tried to shave with foam and D-Rob said "not in my neighborhood." Then they had a big debate on whether the gnomes were out or not.
    Rookie mistake. Great commercial.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Walton said he once played Larry Bird one on one to 11 in Larrys driveway. Larry let Bill take the ball out first...."Bill said this is a huge mistake" to Larry. He said Larry you better take it out first......Larry refused and so the game began. Bill was much taller than Larry and he was scoring at will in the post. Bill finally was up 10-0 and felt bad about totally dominating Larry and not even allowing Larry to have one shot up to this point. Bill offered the ball to Larry and said "Ok....C'mon take it out.......Im at least going to give you a chance" Larry Bird said OK and took the ball and started his offensive onslaught...............11 STRAIGHT unanswered points by Larry Bird and he beat Bill Walton 11-10. LMAO!!!! Bill Walton was pissed and said he KNEW better not to give Larry Bird any kind of help or advantage.
    I don't really believe the story. Why? Because I've heard about 20 different variations of the same story (10-0 start and 10-11 defeat) only names of players were changing.

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I don't really believe the story. Why? Because I've heard about 20 different variations of the same story (10-0 start and 10-11 defeat) only names of players were changing.
    Most recently, it was Spurs up 13-4, Suns win 103-87.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember after clinching the '03 le in game 6 in SA, Stephen Jackson was at the microphone in the postgame interview session. Some reporter asked him about Manu's game, and he said something like, "Man, all I know is that's the only guy I've ever seen make 3 shots in a row from underneath the other basket."
    Nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So neither of them can D.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So neither of them can D.
    I'm surprised Walton scored 10 in a row. He must've been hot.

Bird you expect to score 11 in a row.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody knows you gotta win by 2.

But anyway...this story doesn't reflect well on either player. If you're Bird, you got down 0-10, and the only reason you didn't get shut out is because the other guy felt sorry for you. If you're Walton, you choked away a 10-0 lead. Both shameful
    Last edited by Arcadian; 07-30-2020 at 08:08 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody knows you gotta win by 2.

But anyway...this story doesn't reflect well on either player. If you're Bird, you got down 0-10, and the only reason you didn't get shut out is because the other guy felt sorry for you. If you're Walton, you choked away a 10-0 lead. Both shameful
    Neither player missed a shot. I'd say it reflects pretty damn good on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we know that for sure? It said in the story "11 unanswered points" but there could've been a miss and an offensive rebound, or a miss by both players before another basket.

But even if that were true, that just means neither guy could get a stop...also not great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we know that for sure? It said in the story "11 unanswered points" but there could've been a miss and an offensive rebound, or a miss by both players before another basket.

But even if that were true, that just means neither guy could get a stop...also not great.

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count

Thread Information