My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    good song

not

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    sit down busdriver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    This is an epic thread.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    but they hug each other when they sing it!

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Yeah and we "hump it" too and we also stand for the entire game, we have a number of cheers referred to as "yells" and it's a tradition to say "howdy" to our fellow Aggies.

Texas "fan" needs to bring some fresh smack for a change. Seriously.

Actually, if any of you mofos can stay until the end of a game, especially a loss, I'd be impressed.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    not
    Yeah, I've Been Working on the Railroad is sooooooo much better.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    CBF, what was your fight song?

Addendum: FYI, it's the Aggie War Hymn
    Last edited by SWC Bonfire; 07-12-2005 at 12:45 PM.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The most entertaining aspect of the a&m fight song to me is that it is completely focused on UT, it's like some kind of wierd obsession for a&m that they have to have a fight song about UT. I don't get it.

It's 11:46...and OU STILL sucks!!!!! jalbre6's Avatar
    Post Count
    The most entertaining aspect of the a&m fight song to me is that it is completely focused on UT, it's like some kind of wierd obsession for a&m that they have to have a fight song about UT. I don't get it.
    Sort of like seeing OU and A&M fans with either upside-down Longhorn stickers or the even funnier "Saw 'Em Off!" stickers on their vehicles.

Post Count
    Yeah and we "hump it" too and we also stand for the entire game, we have a number of cheers referred to as "yells" and it's a tradition to say "howdy" to our fellow Aggies.

Texas "fan" needs to bring some fresh smack for a change. Seriously.

Actually, if any of you mofos can stay until the end of a game, especially a loss, I'd be impressed.
    I sat through a 66-3 loss to UCLA at Memorial when we were a top-ten team and proceeded to fall out of the top 25 in 1997...then watched Colorado and Tech clean our clocks in later weeks. I sat through the entire Va Tech loss in New Orleans back in '95 with New Years on Bourbon Street calling. I watched NC State come into town and ruin the '99 season before conference play even started.

Some of us back the Horns with an even greater fervor than we do the Spurs, believe it or not.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sort of like seeing OU and A&M fans with either upside-down Longhorn stickers or the even funnier "Saw 'Em Off!" stickers on their vehicles.

...or a Texas fan flashing a "Hook 'em" sign while deriding others for being "rednecks."

Get some perspective, please.

Thanks.

Post Count
    ...or a Texas fan flashing a "Hook 'em" sign while deriding others for being "rednecks."

Thanks.
    Is this enough?

Thanks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LOLOLOL

i know!!!! its like a&m focuses sooo much on UT cuz they're like a little brother who's trying to get up in the world by hanging on your sack

Every year they interview AGGIES and they're all so excited about every UT encounter cuz they look upon it as serious as they did when they were the freakin Junction Boys.....and when we play a&m we're like:

*YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN*

cuz they get owned like the suns when they play us for a really long time now

lol.....LOL!!!!

i stayed till the end of the arkansas loss a while ago, btw

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thanks.
    I don't know where you're coming from on that one. Yes, I flash the Hook'em sign plenty when cheering for my team, but I definitely don't go around deriding other people for being rednecks, I just support my team-that's it. As for 'humping' it for your team, I have NEVER left a UT game early. I'm at all the home games with season tickets and watch all road games on tv and have never left or turned off the tv early. Like Jalbre I sat through the 66-3 slaughter against UCLA and have watched countless other UT games where we came out on the losing side. BUT, if you're a fan then you don't do it halfway, it's what I expect out of UT fans and what I would also expect out of a&m, ou, or Tech fans.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    but ballcox they all hug each other and lock arms and sing a song all game long!!

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Nope. "Hook 'em" strikes most as being rather redneck-ish. At least most outside of the burnt orange cluster . But whatever makes you feel better, Pot.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    but ballcox they all hug each other and lock arms and sing a song all game long!!
    I hear ya, I'm definitely not into that whole group hug thing they like to do, it's a little bit scary if you ask me. What I don't get is this continual inferiority complex that a&m has regarding UT. You ags have to understand, we don't really even consider you that big a rival in most/all sports, we have OWNED you for years and years in any sport you can name, that's a fact. For me as a UT fan, my biggest concern is that game against ou in October, then playing them in basketball later in the year. a&m just doesn't represent that big of a challenge in most sports these days.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hear ya, I'm definitely not into that whole group hug thing they like to do, it's a little bit scary if you ask me. What I don't get is this continual inferiority complex that a&m has regarding UT. You ags have to understand, we don't really even consider you that big a rival in most/all sports, we have OWNED you for years and years in any sport you can name, that's a fact. For me as a UT fan, my biggest concern is that game against ou in October, then playing them in basketball later in the year. a&m just doesn't represent that big of a challenge in most sports these days.

*tips his hat* well said ballcox well said.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Why is A&M 13-12 against UT in football since 1980? That's a 25 year span.

Frankly, the only reason I give a damn about any of this is because of the volume of silly smack I hear from UT "fans", the majority of whom I have found didn't even go to UT. I think any inferiority complex begins with having to latch on to the athletic program of a school that you couldn't get into.

Post Count
    Nope. "Hook 'em" strikes most as being rather redneck-ish. At least most outside of the burnt orange cluster . But whatever makes you feel better, Pot.
    And "Gig 'Em" sounds so much more refined, ya know.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Never said it was.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why is A&M 13-12 against UT in football since 1980? That's a 25 year span.

Frankly, the only reason I give a damn about any of this is because of the volume of silly smack I hear from UT "fans", the majority of whom I have found didn't even go to UT. I think any inferiority complex begins with having to latch on to the athletic program of a school that you couldn't get into.
    The series history of W/L with UT/a&m leans heavily to UT's side, including the last five years in a row. It also applies to conference championships not only in football, but other sports as well. And are you telling me that there aren't plenty of a&m homers out there who support a&m but didn't go to school there? Give me a freakin' break. As for myself, I did go to UT and actually graduated from there, but I have friends to this day who are die hard UT fans and didn't graduate from UT. Who gives a crap? Support your team regardless and accept the fact that a&m plays second fiddle to UT in athletics and academics.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Here's the way to look at it, outside of the southwest, one group of people 'getting their guns up' with Zorro as their mascot, another with a covered wagon rolling down the field, yet another 'humping it' and doing "yells" and finally one yelling "Hook 'em" with a steer as their mascot all look like a bunch of rednecks.
    Last edited by Marcus Bryant; 07-12-2005 at 02:52 PM. Reason: for a more appropriate fictional horseman reference

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The series history of W/L with UT/a&m leans heavily to UT's side, including the last five years in a row.
    Yeah, include the 19th century and the last 5 years but ignore all else. I get it.

Of course, we're supposed to ignore the last 5 year when it comes to OU v. UT.

It also applies to conference championships not only in football, but other sports as well. And are you telling me that there aren't plenty of a&m homers out there who support a&m but didn't go to school there? Give me a freakin' break. As for myself, I did go to UT and actually graduated from there, but I have friends to this day who are die hard UT fans and didn't graduate from UT. Who gives a crap?
    Well, when some idiot who couldn't get into the school he/she 'supports' and opts to disparage my undergrad alma mater, I can't help but find that a bit tiring.

Support your team regardless and accept the fact that a&m plays second fiddle to UT in athletics and academics.
    Doesn't make your bigger but if claiming that makes you feel better, more power to you.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^ It doesn't have anything to do with size, it's a statement of fact. UT has more conference and national championships combined in all sports than a&m, period. Does that make my bigger? No. Does it mean that UT has been more successful than a&m in athletics? Yes.

Thread Information