San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Powell Says Iran Is Pursuing Bomb

Powell Says Iran Is Pursuing Bomb
    Evidence Cited of Effort to Adapt Missile

By Robin Wright and Keith B. Richburg
    Washington Post Foreign Service
    Thursday, November 18, 2004; Page A01

SANTIAGO, Chile, Nov. 17 -- The United States has intelligence that Iran is working to adapt missiles to deliver a nuclear weapon, further evidence that the Islamic republic is determined to acquire a nuclear bomb, Secretary of State Colin L. Powell said Wednesday.

Separately, an Iranian opposition exile group charged in Paris that Iran is enriching uranium at a secret military facility unknown to U.N. weapons inspectors. Iran has denied seeking to build nuclear weapons.

"I have seen some information that would suggest that they have been actively working on delivery systems. . . . You don't have a weapon until you put it in something that can deliver a weapon," Powell told reporters traveling with him to Chile for an Asia-Pacific economic summit. "I'm not talking about uranium or fissile material or the warhead; I'm talking about what one does with a warhead."

~~~If there is one man in the Bush administration who I trust it is Colin Powell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also heard he apologized for mixing his N's and Q's up last time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe, do you know how complicated it is to put a nuclear bomb on a missile? North Korea has missiles and a nuclear bomb and they haven't been able to do it after more than a decade of research.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am no rocket scientist but we cannot wait to see "if" they will succeed the time of the preventive first stike is here under the current administration and I feel that they must be dealt with before those nukes become an imminent threat.

Come on. It is time for the real democrats to take back our party and defend our country against any foe, foreign or domestic and bear any burden to protect the future of America. I stand with Senator Joe Lieberman and yes, even the out spoken Zell Miller in defending our nation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am no rocket scientist but we cannot wait to see "if" they will succeed the time of the preventive first stike is here under the current administration and I feel that they must be dealt with before those nukes become an imminent threat.

Come on. It is time for the real democrats to take back our party and defend our country against any foe, foreign or domestic and bear any burden to protect the future of America. I stand with Senator Joe Lieberman and yes, even the out spoken Zell Miller in defending our nation.
    First of all, Liebermann and Miller sold out to the Neocons long ago. You can't trust anything they say. Second of all, there is no proof that Iran is anywhere near building a nuclear weapon. Not only do they not have the technology, they don't have the enriched uranium to do so. All this yap about Iran by the right is false justification for provocation just like in Iraq. I told you that this administration has no credibility.

Attack Iran, and you might as well beg China and Russia to arm our enemies in the Middle east.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only do they not have the technology, they don't have the enriched uranium to do so. All this yap about Iran by the right is false justification for provocation just like in Iraq. I told you that this administration has no credibility.

Attack Iran, and you might as well beg China and Russia to arm our enemies in the Middle east.

A big problem I've noticed with the nutjob wing of the Democratic party is the total inability to connect the dots in a logical and realistic fashion.

I speak the truth in all seriousness here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    big problem I've noticed with the nutjob wing of the Democratic party is the total inability to connect the dots in a logical and realistic fashion.
    Then prove it and quit spouting bull . I'm tired of your en crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then we'll have to kick their asses as well.
    Listen, I don't think one has to be totally liberal or conservative or republican or democrat.
    I know many conservatives with many liberal views. While they support Bush and his war on terror they also disagree with him on abortion and gay rights.
    There are many liberals such as myself who do support the war on terror and also don't want to change every single passage that has the word "God" in it.

But I want the Democratic party of JFK back and I'm going to do everything I can do make it so and there are millions, yes millions, just like myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to do everything I can do make it so and there are millions, yes millions, just like myself.
    Um, Joe, a word of caution there Devil Dog.

You might want to check with your wife first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need..I married a very intelligent woman and she's right with me!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then she's going to be pregnant and uncomfortable for a long time.

Good luck brother.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then prove it and quit spouting bull . I'm tired of your en crap.
    Ok, who gave Pakistan the ability to put a warhead on a missile?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then she's going to be pregnant and uncomfortable for a long time.

Good luck brother.
    She was already pregnant and she loved it and she's comfortable and will be for a long time.

No luck needed my brother for I have the real deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I want the Democratic party of JFK back and I'm going to do everything I can do make it so and there are millions, yes millions, just like myself.
    Doesn't matter Joe as long as he who controls the election tallies controls the vote. That's why its important to get involved in reforming the system to ensure that all those who want to vote can. That why its important that every vote is counted before anyone announces that this or that candidate has won anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, who gave Pakistan the ability to put a warhead on a missile?
    China did. Now let me ask you a question.

Who helped India with it's nuclear weapons program?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you.

Now let me ask you a question.

Who helped India with it's nuclear weapons program?

Hmmm...

The US supplied our allies....Britain, France and Canada with nuclear weapons technology. The Russians stole it from us.

The Russians gave it to the Chinese, the Chinese gave it to Pakistan.

The French gave it to Israel and Iraq.

The first weapons grade plutonium in India came from a Canadian built Nuclear Reactor and their nuke weapons achieved Superpower status with the help of the Russians.

In any case...India is the worlds largest Democracy...while they have their problems...they aren't apocalyptic and sworn to destroy America like Iran is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then we'll have to kick their asses as well.
    Listen, I don't think one has to be totally liberal or conservative or republican or democrat.
    I know many conservatives with many liberal views. While they support Bush and his war on terror they also disagree with him on abortion and gay rights.
    There are many liberals such as myself who do support the war on terror and also don't want to change every single passage that has the word "God" in it.

So you wanna attack China and kickstart the End of Days... rock on. (just so you know what I am talking about look up the million man army in reference to revelations).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your kidding your self if you think that the U.S. had no interest in arming India with nuclear weapons after discovering how close Pakistan was to have the bomb. We needed to keep Pakistan in check. India was the logical choice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually we had pretty good relations with Pakistan at the time.

Pakistan wasn't always a hole you know.

You can pretty much blame America for all nuke proliferation in the world if you want to...since we were the first country to have it...the trail is going to come back to us one way or the other. Most of our proliferation was a direct result of the coldwar and also a direct result of us winning it.

You just have to say...which way do you like better Dan?

You want to live in a communist state? An Islamic state? Or a Democracy? If your answer isn't Democracy then what is the point of arguing?

What are you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to live in a communist state? An Islamic state? Or a Democracy? If your answer isn't Democracy then what is the point of arguing?

What are you?
    My whole point is that we don't live in a democracy anymore. That died in 2000 when the Supreme Court appointed W against the will of the majority of the people of this country.

I am myself.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe, do you know how complicated it is to put a nuclear bomb on a missile? North Korea has missiles and a nuclear bomb and they haven't been able to do it after more than a decade of research.
    The difference is Pakistan loaned out its nuke scientists to help Iran overcome those hurdles.

LOL, Dan cracks me up. It's gonna be fun watching the complete breakdown when Lieberman gets the Democratic nod in '08.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is Pakistan loaned out its nuke scientists to help Iran overcome those hurdles.
    Yeah, and all it earned Khan was a vacation payed for by Pakistan. The U.S. meanwhile went right along with it since, well, we won't want to offend our allies on the war on terror, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My whole point is that we don't live in a democracy anymore. That died in 2000 when the Supreme Court appointed W against the will of the majority of the people of this country.
    Oh, please. Our Democracy always diverged from the literal form by way of the electoral college electing our leader instead of the popular vote. It's nothing new, nor is a close race. What was new was the really low class way the Democrats dealt with losing the electoral vote and a close race.

I am myself.
    Neil Diamond?

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else in here listening to "Rock the Casbah" right now?

Thread Information