Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a lot of crazy people who never kill anyone. I doubt if whottt or Dan ever have. In fact, if truly crazy, you can't be convicted. Murder requires intent and knowledge of your actions. Murder is not inherited.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I don't think they are. But I don't think there are mental conditions that are inheritable that would cause someone to murder a person.

You're wrong, people can be predisposed to schizophrenia, dementia, antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, depression..you name it...there is even substantial evidence that the tendency for mass murder is a genetically inherited trait...

Antisocial personality disorder, otherwise known as a sociopath, and my bet as to what this murderer is, is a genetic trait...one that makes the afflicted person pretty much incapable of feeling anything for another human being...he might kill someone, he might not, but either way it probably won't be because of what anyone did to him...and he won't feel any guilt about it one way or the other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a lot of crazy people who never kill anyone. I doubt if whottt or Dan ever have. In fact, if truly crazy, you can't be convicted. Murder requires intent and knowledge of your actions. Murder is not inherited.
    That's wrong, there are lots of people that were brought up well, they were treated well by others, and they still just went out and murdered people...

There are all kinds of crazy, and the criminal mind, the mind of serial killers etc, their brain chemistry has been scientifically proven to be different from the mind of a normal human being nearly 100% of the time. How do you think it gets that way? From their parents beating them? From people being mean to them? What if that isn't in their past?

Just because their immediate family may not suffer those traits doesn't mean it's not in their gene pool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this thread is full of a bunch of bull when it comes to mental disorders.

Anyhow, he was granted a stay. And it's not the first. I'm happy about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those against the death penalty, I have a question ... or more like a scenario.

I know someone that when he was 22-years-old, his mother was kidnapped, raped anally and vaginally repeatedly, and then the killer stuck a knife in her pelvic area and slit her wide open all the way up to her throat -- basically gutting her out, then left her body in a ditch.

The lady left behind the 22-year-old son, a 10-year-old daughter, and a husband of 30 years.

If she was your mom, death penalty or rehab for the killer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Kori, he might turn out to be a good person. Let him live! It's only cold blooded murder, mutilation and violation of another human being. It's not like it's a huge ordeal. That brutal murderer needs compassion and understanding...he should be given other chances to slice people to bits because he is after all a confused murderer.

Remember...the guilty always deserve forgiveness...those that adhere to the rules of society don't.

needs a margarita
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, that's awful, Kori.

I think the same thing should be done to the killer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they should lock these sickos in a room with their victims family members and whatever happens happens.

If there is anything left of the freak after the family gets done with him, lock him up and throw away the key.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, that's awful, Kori.

I think the same thing should be done to the killer.

Ditto.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no only would he deserve to die, but he deserves his toe/finger nails ripped out...sodomy with a macheti, and electric shock to the his nuts....after a few weeks of this....i suppose they could stick the needle in him.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest answer please.

Does anyone think that the son would be convicted if the killer got out and the son killed him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest answer please.

Does anyone think that the son would be convicted if the killer got out and the son killed him?

Depends on where the trial takes place...

Texas - Not Guilty

California - Guilty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on where the trial takes place...

Texas - Not Guilty

California - Guilty
    I didn't say he was a celebrity!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mistakes do happen and I heard recently that some dude on death row after something like 15 years or so was just released because.....he was innocent!

Oh well, I guess a "oops, we're sorry" would've sufficed to his family?

yeah, I know....what about the victims family!!??!??

I understand that but if he is innocent than what fault is it of his?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record, in the scenario I told above, the killer was never caught, convicted or put to death because he killed himself by stepping in front of a train.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fantastic. too quick though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fantastic. too quick though.
    Maybe the train was the kind that slowly stop and then go back and forth through an intersection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in ! [/Samuel L Jackson in A Time To Kill]

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's certainly not easy, but those of us who believe that capital punishment is fundamentally wrong would still have to say that killing the monster would simply compound the tragedy. Lock him away and let him rot in a cell. Once his fellow prisoners find out what he did, they would probably repay him in kind (see Jeffrey Dahmer).

Clearly he has serious mental issues... wouldn't it be better to try and determine what caused such a disregard for humanity?

That said, I wouldn't have shed a tear if he were executed. Certainly, my heart is in favor of seeing assholes like that pay dearly for their crimes... but my mind tells me it still isn't right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trust your heart.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both the heart and mind can be misleading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurm, I see where you're coming from. I do believe there is a place for CP. It's not a perfect system, and it is a dificult choice, but I feel a necessary component of our society.

Thread Information