My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WASHINGTON (AFP) - Marine intelligence officials have issued a report warning that any significant withdrawal of troops from the Iraqi city of Fallujah would strengthen the insurgency.

The assessment, distributed to senior Marine and Army officers in Iraq (news - web sites), also said that despite the heavy fighting with coalition forces, the insurgents would continue to increase in number, carrying out attacks and fomenting unrest in the area.
    Yahoo News

Who'da guessed that turning the city of Fallujah into rubble, and evacuation and slaughter of the population, wouldn't stem the tide of insurgency? Looks like Plan B is to keep troop strength high in whatever is left of the place.

I wonder what Plan C will be? Maybe just withdaw and nuke Fallujah into rapturous freedom? Surely that would work.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yahoo News

Who'da guessed that turning the city of Fallujah into rubble, and evacuation and slaughter of the population, wouldn't stem the tide of insurgency? Looks like Plan B is to keep troop strength high in whatever is left of the place.

I wonder what Plan C will be? Maybe just withdaw and nuke Fallujah into rapturous freedom? Surely that would work.
    Go with plan D and make some sense in your posts. Are they slaughtering the evacuation or evacuating the slaughter?

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nuke is reserved for eastern Afghanistan.

As for Fallujah, methinks this is some clever "whoa is us" to get the insurgents to rally back to Fallujah, and the trap we have set.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan, this doesn't jive with this...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=263425

attler said the U.S.-led offensive launched last week in Fallujah has "broken the back of the insurgency" by seizing their main base of operations.

"We feel right now that we have, as I mentioned, broken the back of the insurgency. We've taken away this safe haven," he said.
    By the way, the original intel report in this thread was made prior to us going into Fallujah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there ya go! The before and after picture. How bout it Dan?

Thread Information