My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2819448

Tigers agree to $48M, 4-year deal with SS Guillen

DETROIT --Shortstop Carlos Guillen and the Detroit Tigers agreed Friday to a $48 million, four-year contract extension through the 2011 season.

Guillen is making $5 million this season, the last of a $14 million, three-year deal. He hit .320 last year with 19 homers, 85 RBIs, 41 doubles and 100 runs scored.

Detroit acquired Guillen from Seattle in 2004. He has a .320 batting average with 44 homers and 205 RBIs with the Tigers.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2819448

Tigers agree to $48M, 4-year deal with SS Guillen

DETROIT --Shortstop Carlos Guillen and the Detroit Tigers agreed Friday to a $48 million, four-year contract extension through the 2011 season.

Guillen is making $5 million this season, the last of a $14 million, three-year deal. He hit .320 last year with 19 homers, 85 RBIs, 41 doubles and 100 runs scored.

Detroit acquired Guillen from Seattle in 2004. He has a .320 batting average with 44 homers and 205 RBIs with the Tigers.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
    He's not a very good fielder, but he more than makes up for it with his bat. Good signing.

The Tigers gave him a 4th year with the understanding that he may need to move to another fielding position in the future.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    He's not a very good fielder,
    I think he just had a bad year in the field last year. You look at his stats and all previous years he's been in Detroit he's had under 20 error's.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I think he just had a bad year in the field last year. You look at his stats and all previous years he's been in Detroit he's had under 20 error's.
    That's good to hear. It seemed like quite a few of his errors were in getting the ball from his mitt to his throwing hand. Almost seemed as if he's trying to get style points on the transition.

We have a formidable lineup this year.

Thread Information