My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio (7-1) at Boston (3-3)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

Game Info: 7:30 pm EST Fri Nov 19, 2004
    TV: FxSW, FxNE Add to Calendar
    Buy Tickets

Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs look to continue their dominance of the Eastern Conference as they visit the Boston Celtics.
    The Spurs have won five straight games since their lone loss of the season, with the last four coming against teams from the East. San Antonio went 22-8 during interconference play last season.

Duncan scored a season-high 34 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead the Spurs to an 88-80 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday.

Like he has for most of his career, Duncan took the game over down the stretch to lead San Antonio to victory.

``He just played a great all-around game,'' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of Duncan. ``He really put it on his shoulders, showed some great leadership and brought his team around.''

Rasho Nesterovic had 16 points and 11 rebounds and Manu Ginobili scored 17 for San Antonio, which is off to its best start since the 1991-92 season.

Spurs point guard Tony Parker went scoreless for 32 minutes, missing two shots and two free throws. He had eight rebounds and six assists, and held Philadelphia's Allen Iverson to 8-for-24 shooting.

``I didn't have that many opportunities,'' said Parker, who is averaging 11.3 points on 35.6 percent shooting. ``I just tried to run the game, move the ball and get it inside.''

Parker will go against a familiar opponent in Celtics point guard Gary Payton. Parker badly outplayed Payton in the first two games of the Western Conference semifinals last season when Payton was with the Los Angeles Lakers. But the Lakers eventually rallied to eliminate the Spurs in six games, ending San Antonio's hopes of a repeat NBA championship.

Payton seems re-energized this season, and is averaging 12.7 points and 6.8 assists to lead the Celtics to a .500 record and first place in the mediocre Atlantic Division.

Payton had 17 points in Boston's 110-105 overtime loss to the Washington Wizards on Wednesday.

Paul Pierce led the Celtics with a season-high 37 points, but 18 came on free throws and he didn't score in overtime until a 3-pointer with seven seconds remaining.

Boston shot a season-low 40 percent from the field to end its three-game winning streak.

Updated on Friday, Nov 19, 2004

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Pop when shooters go, so was CIA
    Ducks, send me the English - Ducknese / Ducknese - English diccionary. I want to figure out the meaning of your sig.

Mr. Mundt
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Pop when shooters go, so was CIA

Ducks is by far my favourite poster. Only in my head, i pronounce it "Dooks"

Thread Information