Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But within the decade, you will all be rooting for him.

Why?

Because by the mid-2010's he will be chasing Barry Bonds' all-time home run record.

And you will want him to break it, because while he may appear soulless and apathetic and have more money than many small countries, one thing seems to be clear and widely accepted:

He's clean.

So hate him now for being a stuck up Yankee with a billion dollars in the bank, but recognize that in the coming decade he will come to embody Baseball's emergence from the Steroid Age. He will be the Savior of Baseball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HGH.

I don't give a about the home run record, because all that anyone will remember is that he bats .177 in the month that matters - OCTOBER.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They used to say that about Barry too.

He'll come around.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HGH.

I don't give a about the home run record, because all that anyone will remember is that he bats .177 in the month that matters - OCTOBER.
    His postseason numbers are almost the same as Jeter's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Gay-Rod and I like Barry. So that would be a NO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you dont like A rod, a class guy, but like Barry Bonds, a cheating asshole.

Youve got ed up ideas man.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this from the guy who was making excuses for Tony Larussa after he tried to drive drunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do we know hes clean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this from the guy who was making excuses for Tony Larussa after he tried to drive drunk.
    You have to be really drunk to fall asleep at a stop light

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There hasn't been any proof of either doing steriods. Not everyone likes the same thing. So you are pretty ed up for not having common sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There hasn't been any proof of either doing steriods. Not everyone likes the same thing. So you are pretty ed up for not having common sense.
    I suppose that grand jury testimony Barry gave about "The Cream" and "The Clear" was Barry just throwing people off the trail, right?>

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I hate A-Rod for one reason and one reason only: He's a .

Instead of sticking with a good team in Seattle, he ran off for the most money. Then, when he wasn't enough to win, he pitched a fit, forced a trade and found his way onto the Yankees where he now whines and cries because they treat him poorly.

No Alex, they treat you like an overpayed, pampered, baby because it's what you are.

of a player, but he cares way too much about what others think of him and it's going to become the lasting legacy of his career. If he didn't care so much, he wouldn't appear to be such a whiney baby all the time. Just play. If they run ya off, then that's how it is, but the light of history will be much kinder if he doesn't force another trade or cower in the corner as they rake him up one side and down the other for again failing to lead them to a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose that grand jury testimony Barry gave about "The Cream" and "The Clear" was Barry just throwing people off the trail, right?>

Yeah that, and his shoe size growing 4 sizes in 7 years, TOTALLY natural.

And before we start the cardinal homer stuff, Mcgwire is a total embarassment as well, and I refuse to acknowledge the years he was a Cardinal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of sticking with a good team in Seattle, he ran off for the most money.
    Wich Im sure, NO ONE in this forum, you included , would ever ever do in your life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reread i condemned what Larussa did.

But that wouldn't go with your childish agenda would it.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Wich Im sure, NO ONE in this forum, you included , would ever ever do in your life.
    If I ever had the opportun y, I may very well. In fact, it's probably a certainty. However, if you take the most money from a crappy team, then you better STFU and soldier on in silence instead of whining every offseason until you force them to trade you.

That was my point. He could have had TONS of money and been on winning teams like Seattle, Atlanta and New York (Mets). Instead, he took the insane amount of money from the one of the worst teams in baseball, then ed and moaned about their suckdom.

People hate A-Rod because, despite being a great player, he represents much of what is wrong with modern sports. The whole "Take the money and run" mentality has really hurt teams/leagues.

A-Rod wasn't the first, and he certainly won't be the last, but he's the posterboy for the movement because of how talented he is, but also because of how grossly payed he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Barry Bonds, too. Crucify me.

Barry may have used performance enhancing drugs. He may have even done so intentionally. If he did, his numbers are undoubtedly inflated, to an extent, by that choice. But, at the same time, Barry is also facing pitchers who are equally juiced. And, more significantly, at the time he may have used those drugs, their use was not prohibited by Major League Baseball.

I'm not here to defend Barry Bonds from a legal or a moral standpoint. But I do think that most of the Barry Bonds bashing that takes place is a byproduct of the fact that he's widely perceived as a jerk. I disagree with that characterization of the guy and think it's been unfairly piled upon him. I think his standoff-ish nature with the press has been quite understandable.

Bonds is undoubtedly one of the 5-10 most athletically talented players to ever take the field in a major league game. Whether he ever eclipsed Hank Aaron, that would have remained true. There's no reason that it shouldn't remain true even now. I root for Barry to break the record because I find him to be an amazing ballplayer. I'm not at all interested in castigating the guy for being a jerk; and I'm not about to hold it against him that he may have done something that wasn't against the rules of the game.

I also like ARod and hope, for reasons that have nothing to do with Barry Bonds, that he'll eventually surpass Bonds on the All-Time HR list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Barry Bonds, too. Crucify me.

Barry may have used performance enhancing drugs. He may have even done so intentionally. If he did, his numbers are undoubtedly inflated, to an extent, by that choice. But, at the same time, Barry is also facing pitchers who are equally juiced. And, more significantly, at the time he may have used those drugs, their use was not prohibited by Major League Baseball.

I'm not here to defend Barry Bonds from a legal or a moral standpoint. But I do think that most of the Barry Bonds bashing that takes place is a byproduct of the fact that he's widely perceived as a jerk. I disagree with that characterization of the guy and think it's been unfairly piled upon him. I think his standoff-ish nature with the press has been quite understandable.

Bonds is undoubtedly one of the 5-10 most athletically talented players to ever take the field in a major league game. Whether he ever eclipsed Hank Aaron, that would have remained true. There's no reason that it shouldn't remain true even now. I root for Barry to break the record because I find him to be an amazing ballplayer. I'm not at all interested in castigating the guy for being a jerk; and I'm not about to hold it against him that he may have done something that wasn't against the rules of the game.

I also like ARod and hope, for reasons that have nothing to do with Barry Bonds, that he'll eventually surpass Bonds on the All-Time HR list.
    That's fine, but for anybody to say there hasn't been proof Barry was juicing is either blind or an idiot.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest myth in the whole steroid thing is the idea that baseball never outlawed them. This is false, they were always against the rules. For half a century, Major League Baseball has had rules regarding the use of illegal drugs. Why do you think Steve Howe was suspended so many times?

Now, they never tested for them and they clearly didn't care about enforcement, but steroids were never 'legal' by baseball rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good point k state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was my point. He could have had TONS of money and been on winning teams like Seattle, Atlanta and New York (Mets). Instead, he took the insane amount of money from the one of the worst teams in baseball, then ed and moaned about their suckdom
    They supposedly told A Rod the pitching would improve, and they would spend money to improve it, they obviously never did, and that was what prompted the ing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine, but for anybody to say there hasn't been proof Barry was juicing is either blind or an idiot.
    Or niether, he has never failed a drug test, so there isnt any proof. If he is a cheater, so is Lance Armstrong. Yea, maybe he looks like he has done it, but unless there is proof, I cant say . I like Barry, and I like A-Rod, they are great players that are fun to watch. And, I always root for the hated guys, except Artest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or niether, he has never failed a drug test, so there isnt any proof. If he is a cheater, so is Lance Armstrong. Yea, maybe he looks like he has done it, but unless there is proof, I cant say . I like Barry, and I like A-Rod, they are great players that are fun to watch. And, I always root for the hated guys, except Artest
    He admitted it to a grand jury! Under oath!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No proof, other than ADMITTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Barry Bonds as much as the next person, but how many of his homeruns the past 5 or 6 years have come off of a juiced pitcher?

Thread Information